Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Virtual Retreat - Join Anytime

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When eating cherries, my Mum taught me to challenge myself to eat the fruit but leave the stone still on the stalk. It was a trick her mother, my Gran, taught her. My Gran, as a child used to sneak under the net curtains that were draped over the cherry tree and eat them whilst they were still on the tree like that and the blame was put on the birds :whistle: This was fine until her younger brother sneaked on her and got her into trouble :evil:

Got the rawlplugs for fixing the shelves to the walls today. I am hoping DH will drill and fix them up tomorrow whilst I am out (positions are already marked) and then I can see about starting to sort things out. Tomorrow should be good - going to the Embroiderer's Guild Regional Day - 2 talks on sewing subjects and about half a dozen stalls of sewing books, notions, threads and fabric :kiss: . Izzy will also be coming with me in her guise as a Young Embroiderer, and being a trail blazer to boot :woohoo: , they have never been asked if a YE could come to one of these days before!

Comment

Now that sounds more positive. How have you bribed him?

Have fun with Izzy tomorrow. I love your cherry story I wish I knew that trick when I was young with the greengages :lol:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Originally posted by "twiglet" post=130628
        Why are you going there Nancy?
        There is a new quilt show (Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival) at the Overland Park Convention Center, which is just a couple of miles from my sister's house. So I'm going to the show and taking some extra time to visit the family. I'm signed up for several classes, including one with Jacquie Gehring (sp?) and a lecture by Kim Brunner. I also have a lunch planned with Janet Stone. I'm looking forward to every minute of it!

The only bummer is that I just bought a new sewing machine (a Bernina 770QE) and it just arrived yesterday so I haven't had time to play with it much yet. But I'm sure it will patiently wait for me until I get home....

Comment

How exciting! Both the wonderful plans for your vacation, and of course coming home to that new machine will be quite nice.

I'll have to try that cherry trick.

Comment

Love your fabric, Lois. I bought the pattern for the Bionic gear bag when you showed your pic. Reminds me that's another project I can add to my list. I really like that bag.

I'm still just a lurker at this retreat. Been busy: Babysat my granddaughter yesterday and the day before. Today organizing, making and wrapping lizards, tomorrow Lotti's BD party. Then Sunday church and a dinner with friends (who sent a recipe...hinting that it might be good...) Is that obtuse, or is it nice? Never heard of guests suggesting and sending the recipe for supper. Hmmm.

Monday is luncheon and show and tell with a small applique group. Tuesday is meeting with 2 ladies I introduced a week or so ago, and they want to meet each other, so I'm hosting an informal tea. Wednesday is Osetopath (someone opened a door into my face at warp speed - :blink: actually flattened my nose! and gave me whiplash) Thursday is "free" , as in: do housework and laundry, change the linens, cook etc. because Friday my son and his wife are coming for the weekend. LOL@ time to quilt. Sure glad that I can just chat at this retreat and not get much sewing done.

BUT! Hey! I'm feeling GOOD! Energy! Happy dancing everyday! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Comment

My DH just informed me that the spouse gets to join in the Cardiac Rehab for free. At 3 days a week for 12 weeks that would be a lot of time I really don't want to give up. And it's halfway between our city and country home. Since I'm usually headed that way on Friday and heading back to town on Monday that won't be so bad. Maybe he will let me skip Wednesday. I'd better hurry up and get some practice in on the treadmill that hasn't been plugged in for years.

Comment

You all do so much I'm surprised you get so much sewing done.

Nancy I hope you bring some photos back of all your hobnobbing. It sounds amazing - lunch with Janet Stone!
                Your cushion this month will be super good!

Comment

Hi Kathy,
                  Van Morrison has been Knighted in "The Queens Honour List" For services to the music industry and tourism in Northern Ireland
                  Just thought you would like to know.
                  Anne

Comment

Rosemary love the cherry story !.
                    Nancy have a great time at the quilt festival.

Comment

[quote="twiglet" post=130666]You all do so much I'm surprised you get so much sewing done.

Wendy, the only sewing I've done in the last few weeks is the flying geese border for my state birds and flowers quilt, and those blocks have been pieced since 2004. The border isn't sewn to the quilt yet. I'm planning on taking a break from social media for awhile so I can catch up on lots of things. Today I'm trying to get my country home in order, or at least parts of it. I found a needle sticking up in the carpet beside the recliner. Oops!

Comment

While Van Morrison played, I got 6 rows done on the bargello quilt. I also made another strata. It was a lovely afternoon.

Thanks Kathy for the lyrics to "Moondance." I love that song! It's so romantical, as we say here in the Carroll household.

I spent yesterday morning at the local water park with my grandson. (His mother was there too!) He showed me all over the place, watching the sprinklers come on and off. He even shared his grapes and coo coos with me. It was delightful.

Today should be a good day for sewing as it's National Sewing Machine Day!

Enjoy,

geneva
                        Geneva

Comment

Yes, I had just read that it is National Sewing Machine Day in an email from National Quilters Circle. Anybody belong to that? They are offering a $10.00 years membership. Of course, I don't have time to do all the stuff I am learning right here. So why am I asking? I guess it would be good retreat chit chat material.

Have a good day everyone! I am baking cherry pies. And I fell asleep yesterday before I ever made it to the sewing room. I don't always get to everything I want to do.

Comment

They must have put the sewing machine day on just for Nancy!

Lois I'm like you always falling asleep, it's annoying such a waste of time but rather delicious. The walk in the park sounds nice but what are coo coos?

Lucky it was you who found the needle Annis not someone else.

I've finished quilting my LN quilt but haven't any fabric for binding so I'm turning the edges in. Working fine but a bit slow, just got to keep awake while doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by "loise98" post=130676
                              Yes, I had just read that it is National Sewing Machine Day in an email from National Quilters Circle. Anybody belong to that? They are offering a $10.00 years membership. Of course, I don't have time to do all the stuff I am learning right here. So why am I asking? I guess it would be good retreat chit chat material.

Have a good day everyone! I am baking cherry pies. And I fell asleep yesterday before I ever made it to the sewing room. I don't always get to everything I want to do.
                              I get emails from National Quilters Circle every week asking me to join, too. It's not expensive, but I'm in information overload from so many other sites that I just can't add another one that I will likely never get around to. I already have two classes waiting for me on Craftsy that I haven't had time to watch!

Kathy

Comment

This link just popped up on my Facebook page: "She Sheds" - I guess that's the female equivalent of a man cave. :silly:
                                http://abc7news.com/home/women-escape-to-backyard-she-sheds/782611/

Kathy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2222 users online. 218 members and 2004 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25586   Active Members: 1,296  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X