Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Mystery Quilts

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone! I had a lot of trouble with the little squares and I did starch them stiff. I am hoping the log cabin blocks will be easier. Terrie, I really love the quilt. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Comment

Enjoying your colourway Lorra. It is really great to see all the different colour combinations that can come from the same description.

I've got my Dec blocks sewn together, but haven't cleared enough of my sewing table to cut the borders yet. I am also debating whether it would be safe to cut the borders from the length of fabric rather than width to avoid having to do any joins on the outer lengths - should I or shouldn't I?

Comment

Rosemary, they are pros and cons for both. Lengthwise borders have less stretch which is good. But it makes the fabric left over "short" for cutting 42" future strips for blocks. I cut mine by the width and pieced the borders with a right angle join. It doesn't show much at all. And, the fabric design and color will make a difference on how much the join will show.

Have fun! geneva
        Geneva

Comment

I did mine like Geneva. In the first round of border, you do not have to join In the second border you do have to join. Mine was a busy print, so the joints didn't show too much. My finished square is 49 inches from edge to edge.

Comment

Fun to see all the progress on the Mystery quilts!

Comment

Ah well, guess I will follow the instructions this time :whistle: Thanks for the input Geneva & Lorra.

Comment

Oh Lotti! Those are nice!

Geneva
                Geneva

Comment

Lotti, my heart went thumpa thumpa when I saw your log cabins!!

Comment

I finished the December clue. I chose to piece my borders so that the seam was even with one of the economy blocks! I'm liking the pattern and the reveals every couple months are fun to experience! Don't know that I'll get January's clue finished before February; but, at least now I'm in the neighborhood! :cheer:

Comment

Luann, Lotti and Terry, beautiful blocks!!! It is so much fun to see everyone's colorways. I wish we could see the finished quilts all together in one place at the same time. Too bad it costs so much to travel.

Comment

Terry, we love having you and your quilts "in the neighborhood!"

geneva
                        Geneva

Comment

Say, maybe we can't have all the quilts in the same place, but we can post them in the member groups section. Maybe it will be easier to see them all together. Rosemary, please remind us again where in a group we should post a picture so it stays in the group. (Doesn't disappear after a certain amount of time.) It would be nice to do this in the Row by Row group also. I think it will help in making rows for each other if we can see what has already been sent to a specific person.

geneva
                          Geneva

Comment

I'm "next door" now! Here are my finished log cabins:

It feels great to be caught up for a few days! tee hee!!!

Comment

Looks great Terry! I guess we will have a new clue soon. It will be easier to stay caught up, than playing catch up.

Comment

Really pretty blocks Terry!

geneva
                                Geneva

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2154 users online. 214 members and 1940 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X