Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Mystery Quilts

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Debbie and Nancy your quilts are beautiful. Hope I didn't miss anyone else. Terrie, maybe I will do your mystery. I've done the Bonnie Hunter ones the last 2 years. It might be fun to do yours instead this year. I need to wait until closer to Fall to decide. I always think I have much more time than I really do.

Comment

Hi there!

I'm back from holidays and have married off my last eligible son and I'm ready ready to go. Feels like fall already.
      2 more babies on the way! Wonder how Ritzy's babies are doing?

I have peeked at the forum since coming back home and it's a little daunting how much your ladies have chatted while I was away! I will just graft myself in where I am, as I don't have the time to read over 300+ posts. If I'm missed anything major, I know you Lizards have my back! (Thanks) I would have liked to do the CW, my favourite book, but maybe will get back to it someday. And, the new topic is...."roots"?

So, I'm preparing for the mystery quilt for my guild after having obtained permission from the designer. I'm in the midst of trying it out. (That's for the Virtual Retreat, but no peeking, please.)

There were several of you who mentioned you might like to join. If so, would you kindly PM me (private email) so I can get my list ready. First clue goes out the beginning of September.

Comment

Terry, I would like to try and do the mystery quilt, Would like to get the clues.

Thanks.

Margarita

Comment

Hi Terry nice to see you back but I'm afraid I won't have time to fit it in but shall be one of your lurkers and cheering Margarita on.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Terrie, Welcome back. Hope you are well and enjoyed your holiday! Congratulations on the wedding. Good to know you are ready to dive into a mystery quilt. Sorry to say I will not be joining you. I have a long list of "want to starts" with some patterns and supplies already purchased, not to mention UFO's. Good luck with the mystery. I'll be lurking.

Comment

Hi Margarita - I hope you'll have fun. Would you please send me a private message with your email address? Thanks.

Comment

Lurkers certainly allowed! However, you might get the bug and then want to join and then you might be behind schedule, so why not join now?

I've got 4 takers so far!

Comment

Sitting on the fence here about joining in. Should I be getting anything specific (quantities or colour wise) on my shopping trip this Friday at FoQ?

Comment

Well, Rosemary, I wasn't planning on giving the specs yet, but since you're on the fence, and others might also, here's suggested fabric requirements. Remember that VALUE is more important than colour, These fabric requirements are SUGGESTED, as you may want to make a smaller quilt. Of course, where I say 'dark', you can do light if you wish. Just adjust all your values as necessary.

Fabric #1 background 3-5/8 yards If doing scrappy, make sure the colours and VALUES are very much the same.
                    Fabric #2 4 yards (dark main, including most borders and binding)
                    Fabric #3 2 yards (medium Main)
                    Fabric #4 1-5/8 yards (med-dk that is different that Main but works nicely with Main)
                    Fabric #5 7/8 yards Medium fabric in same family as #4
                    Fabric #6 1-3/8 yards - A highlight fabric

The colours chosen for #2 and #3 will be the colour your quilt 'reads'

I'm not sayin' any more until you sign up :P

To be honest, some of my fabrics are 'light', but that's what I could find, and I'm working 4 of the 6 colours from my stash!

Comment

Oh My! that looks big! hmy:

Don't think I've ever bought that much fabric in one hit before :huh: - well not for quilting, not sure I achieved it when on a spree for clothing fabrics either! perhaps I'll check out the stash first and see where I need to fill in.

Comment

Ok, I surrender. I have found 4 yards of a fabric that will do as a dark main and 2 metres of something that might work as the med dark (but would probably be better as the medium). Was thinking of trying to have a very dark/black background 'a la Ritzy' but would need to check out what looks ok with what I have already. This could be fun.

Comment

Show your fabric choices. It might help others to decide to join in.

Judy

Comment

Originally posted by "zippitydodaw" post=132123
                            Show your fabric choices. It might help others to decide to join in.

Judy
                            Terrie and Rosemary,
                            I agree with Judy. I'm having a difficult time just picking by value. First I'm thinking color family, then I think all batiks, then I think I'll go with Kaffe looking fabrics, and then I just go do something else!! I don't usually have a problem picking fabrics at all, but this time I could really use a kick in the tush!
                            Thanks ladies,
                            Luann

Comment

Wish I could join in, too, but time is just to lacking right now. But I'll be joining vicariously so I hope everyone shares their progress along the way!

Comment

Clue #1 B)
                                Besides the fabric requirements that I have posted on this topic, here's another bit of info for those of you on the fence.

This mystery has NO applique and is a MEDALLION type quilt., So ,basically you can do how much you want, how much you have time for, or until your fabric runs out. The biggest possible size, unless you go bonkers and add extra borders is about 92" by 92". Personally, I think even just the central block is nice. Just saying...

Still collecting names...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2007 users online. 166 members and 1841 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X