Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Mystery Quilts

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rosemary,
    I especially like that striped background fabric you used on the corners of the October unit

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

wow, Rosemary! very nice. From the instructions, colours #2 and #3 will be how the quilt as a whole will 'read', but with your brights, I think you're in for a surprise

Comment

Luann, the stripe and the blue batik were in my stash, I knew the stripe could be a bit of a wild card in the mix, but I have plenty of it and it will be interesting to deal with such a directional fabric.

Terri, I am enjoying the surprises so far.

Comment

Rosemary - really like what you've done so far!

Barb :-)

Comment

Just admiring my photo above and thought about a block pattern I would like to try out B) Must give it a whirl - perhaps it will feature in my row robin strips

Up date - sketched out potential block pattern and really like it. Been playing with greyscale value placement. Had a good sleep on it, and have started thinking of plans for the row robin designs, Things are good around here

Comment

Rosemary your top is very nice. I really like that stripe. It will be fun to see it through out the quilt.

LuAnn, my quilt top so far measures 32 1/2" x 32 1/2" . Yay! It's square!

geneva
              Geneva

Comment

Geneva,
                My top also measures 321/2" and is square. This is the first time I cut triangles and then sewed them together. I didn't use sizing until this month and it made a huge difference if I 'sized' the squares before I cut them on the diagonal! Old dog, new trick!! Pass the kibbles, please,,, LOL
                RAINED again all day today. I think I may need a boat for transportation to the mailbox. I am getting a boat load of projects worked on!
                I finished:Poppy Fields quilt

Sunrise/Sunset wall art

A Mondo tote

And the Primitive Woolies wall hanging

I've been pressing some cotton/silk blend fabric leftovers

All of these were finished in the past two days, not started and finished, just finished!!

Anyone interested in classes on Craftsy? They are running a special of $19.99 for access to ALL of their classes during the month of October. You won't have access to the classes after October 31, but with over 800 to view it's worth checking out! And, you can download any course PDFs, etc during this month also. After I purchased the "pass", I put 20 courses into my shopping basket for free!! I've watched one completely already, and the first half hour on another. This is a great bargain.
                If you're interested go to
                www.busyhandsquilts.blogspot.com and find her post for today, October 3, 2015. It may say the price is 9.99 but it's a typo as the all class access for this month is 19.99
                I'm going to go check on my life jacket with water wings, I may need something like that before this weather improves.
                Gotta keep the sense of humor some how
                Luann
                Geneva

Comment

Luann, does it not feel good to get projects finished, love your Poppy Field quilt, also your Sunrise/Sunset.
                  Your tote is great.

Hope you will be safe from the rain,

Margarita
                  Geneva

Comment

Rosemary, love your center block, it looks like your fabrics will make a great quilt.
                    Margarita
                    Geneva

Comment

Luann - Nice finishes!

Barb
                      Geneva

Comment

Congratulations on your many finishes, Luann.

I particularly like the poppies one, could you share a bit more about the fabrics used etc.
                        Geneva

Comment

Lotti, love your fabrics! It's fun to see how each of our quilts are coming along.

LuAnn, your finishes are very nice. Each is very different. I'm with Rosemary, could you explain a bit about the poppies quilt?

geneva
                          Geneva

Comment

I am finally getting around to posting my picture. I did not measure it, but I will when I go downstairs. It looks square to me.

Comment

Nice blocks Lotti and Cathy!

Barb

Comment

I love seeing everyone's versions. Not one I don't like. I will try to take a pic of just the part I've done so far, but since I've gone ahead, trying out my instructions along the way, it might be impossible to take just the part you've all done so far. Lotti- Help, I need a photography lesson. Maybe I'll do another one!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2719 users online. 397 members and 2322 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,313  
                                Welcome to our newest member, lanaderay lanaderay-lanaderay0011.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X