Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

changing profile cover

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Bob for all your hard work, Welcome Tribblemom, and Thank you Alex for jumping in. I know from experience that change can be hard, but it's good to know that TQS is listening and working with us to improve their presentations. In the meantime, I do have sewing to do,
    Pat

Comment

Thank you to ALL TQS people who make this site possible!!!! I know that I will remain patient and wait for all the bugs to be worked out, because this is a great resource for anything quilt related. It is nice to know what is happening behind the scenes, so we know it is being worked on, even if not high on the priority list. I love that TQS listens to it's members and tries to give us what we want. Keep us posted, and keep up the good work!!!!!

Comment

Yes. Keep up the good work. I think we need to put all the TQS staff on the prayer list. I wish you some rest, some moments of peace, and energy for the work ahead. Gratitude for all you've given us. Amen

Comment

I would give Karma points to all of you if I could for your show of support while construction on the site is being fine tuned, but that would take several days, LOL.

Kathy
          (Tribble is the dog on the left in my photo and I'm his mom, hence "Tribblemom")

Comment

Well I am going to be hanging in here for the duration. It was the first forum I found after getting online, and I have made so many new friends - some of whom I have even met :cheer: :woohoo: that I would hate to lose touch with. There have been some brilliant exchanges of fabric based things and tons & tons of useful and sometimes esoteric information, not all of it quilting related :whistle: but everything fascinating.

PS can we take it you are/were also a trekkie Tribblemom?

PPS Good luck to everyone working hard behind the scenes to keeping TQS available to us addicts in whatever form it takes. It is much appreciated.

Comment

Hi Lorna,

Yes I quilt. I learned back in my twenties, making baby quilts for friends, coworkers. Then I stopped for nearly 30 years, lacking the time with working, marriage, child rearing. During that time I continued to attend quilt shows with a quilting friend and knew that I'd get back to it some day. Well, a few years ago I was out of work and looking for something to fill the time. I decided to get back to quilting and bought a new machine (Pfaff 150th Anniversary Edition) that has a wide throat so I could learn free motion quilting. Then I joined the local quilt guild (Amador Valley Quilters - Alex's local guild) in February 2013.

In December that year, they needed someone with computer skills to take over as the newsletter editor. With my background as an administrative assistant, it was a perfect fit for me and I enjoy the creativity of piecing the newsletter together just like piecing the blocks of a quilt. A few months later, I got a call from the nominating committee asking me to be guild secretary - um, no thanks, although I have the skills, I really don't like taking notes and I wanted to continue doing the newsletter. I told them to go through their call list and come back to me if they were out of options. The woman immediately said that's where they were - out of volunteers. They had one other position, Vice President, that needed filled so I said as long as I could continue with the newsletter (which is something I really enjoy), I would be VP. So, here I am with two positions on the guild's board. I volunteer on a lot of other committees and said at the last guild meeting "I'm just a girl who can't say No!" (that's from a song in the musical "Oklahoma!").

I have noticed in the time I have been swimming in the deep end of the guild's volunteer pool, that it is mostly the same people who take the chair positions - they just switch chairs every year. Lots of members are happy to volunteer on committees, but not many want to be chairperson. My life has been so enriched by learning from the long time guild members who have held various board positions over the years. If you are in a guild, please consider volunteering to be a chairperson - it's a wonderful way to give back to your guild that provides so much to its members.

So, yes I quilt... when I'm not busy with all my volunteer duties. I'm going to cut back to just one board position next term. Um, not counting the few "once a year" positions I'm already signed up for...... really need to work on saying "No" a bit more.

~ Kathy

Comment

Yep, trekkie from the original series and have enjoyed most spinoffs - there was one I never got into, but it was short-lived. Always thought the various series had great stories and writers with interesting concepts and thoughts on social issues.

My dog was all black when we got him at two months old, so you couldn't see his face with his black eyes and lips. He was just a black little furball, hence Tribble. He is a shih-tsu/poodle mix and the first time I trimmed his fur, it was growing out gray and that continued until he became all gray and silver. Now I can make out his face and I like it much better.

Comment

Maybe Bob should get the quilter award for this year.

Kathy, it's nice to "meet" you! Thanks for sharing your story. The personal touch may help us keep our frustrations in check.

I keep having pictures in my mind of the movie about Facebook (Social Media?) with all of the programmers in one room.

Comment

Susan - I think that movie would have to be in the HORROR catagory - LOL

Comment

I know it's been quite a transition so far with the new website with all the kinks and wrinkles that are in the process of being worked out. But what I really admire is that TQS is willing to go through all of this so there is continuity to the website regardless of who still is or is not part of the organization so that the members can count on having this site to enjoy for many years to come. I plan to be here for many years to come!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2474 users online. 275 members and 2199 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X