Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Finished in 2014!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are beautiful!!! I love your choice of fabric, too--and the redwork is just lovely!! But, the best part is that you have FINISHED projects!!! Good job!!

Comment

Marianne I love those colors and your quilting. Janet

Isn't it fun to see others projects, so inspiring!

Comment

Marianne, your quilt is beautiful. I like your quilting designs too. Lucky recipient!

Comment

I finished this earlier this year (finally). I took a 3 hr long arm class then rented the machine for a day. I had a blast, no rules, just had fun

. The pineapples went together easily, the sashing was a little more critical. The accursed piano key border took me a couple of years to get right after wadding it up and throwing it in the corner several times. I think some of those pieces were sewn and unsewn 6 or 7 times before I figured out how to do it!

Comment

Brenda, I'd say you did a mighty fine job! Very pretty.

Comment

OMGosh, Brenda! Sign me up for that long arm class! The piecing is great, too. The whole quilt is terrific!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

First of all - Thank you very much for all your kind comments on my quilt. So nice to talk to like-minded people

Beverley your redwork quilt is so pretty - I haven't done redwork since the 70ties - this quilt can almost convince me to brush up on those forgotten skills - maybe it is like riding a bike; you never really forget :unsure: Although I could of course just digitise some of the old patterns and like Beverley go down that route. I really must make a row quilt next year; there are so many fun patterns on Pinterest.

Brenda I saw your quilt in the Pineapple topic - gorgeous quilt - what fun to try a longarm; I would be scared stiff in front of such a monster.
                Thank you to everybody who shares their successes around the board. I need to check out Show and Tell when I find it. Can't wait to see all the 2014 BOM projects.
                Back to my tree now or I spend another hour on the site - so much to see and explore so little time :cheer:
                Marianne

Comment

Brenda, glad you persevered. Looking great. I love the idea of hiring a long arm for a day.

Comment

Brenda your quilt is gorgeous. I was so interested to hear about your long arm class and renting the machine for a day - that sounds like the best play day ever. I live in Scotland and I don't think that there is anything like long arm classes and renting long arm machines here - I'm praying that someone on the forum will correct me and then I could have a dream day of a 3 hour long class on a long arm. Having said that :whistle: ... I haven't used the BSR on my Bernina much/ever :blush: because it's easier to FMQ. Anyhoo your quilt is gorgeous.
                    Pam

Comment

Beverly, Brenda and Marianne. Thanks for sharing your quilts. They are gorgeous each one in its own way

living in Central Denmark
                      Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Marianne, this quilt is beautiful! I love the reds and hint of green--I could just imagine it in my living room for Christmas! :P Lovely, truly lovely!

Comment

Brenda, aren't pineapple quilts fun? I really like your pinks and the allover design was just what this quilt needed. I'll have to look into longarm rental--might be a good option for me since I like to quilt but don't have the space for a longarm machine but get spoiled with my sister's longarm when I visit her. Great idea!

Comment

Marianne and Brenda! Well done!

Comment

Lovely work Marianne and Brenda.

Comment

My Christmas tree is ready for Christmas:

Front

and back
                                It has now got small decorations on it so it looks really festive. We don't usually have a Christmas tree (something we left behind when children flew the nest nearly 10 years ago) to great consternation for people who happen to visit us over the festive period and I have meant for years to make something that will reassure family and friends that we are celebrating the time of year we just do not need a tree in order to do so. It is funny that the children are perfectly all right with our choice it is the rest of the family and friends who think we are either grumpy (which is true of course) or cannot afford a tree and all the trimmings and feel terribly sorry for us. We love our quiet holiday period with lots of candles and few stars and hearts scattered here and there. A few mince pies and mini puddings get consumed too.
                                Hope everybody will enjoy their holidays as much as we do :cheer: I have an appointment with a rag quilt over the holidays. Who knows I could be back with just one more finish in 2014 :lol:
                                Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody reading the forum.
                                Marianne

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2284 users online. 237 members and 2047 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25587   Active Members: 1,297  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X