Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Finished in 2014!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes, if we enter a reply or message and then reload or refresh the browser, we see our messages immediately. I sent a reply to a private message yesterday, refreshed Chrome, and my message was in the Sent folder.

Comment

Beverly, since I love Christmas quilts and I love row quilts, your quilt would be perfect in my house! Just sayin'!

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by "Tribblemom" post=124321
        Originally posted by "rehak" post=124207
        For me, it would be a higher priority to get feedback from the different existing buttons working properly, than working on a "like" button. I can live without a "like" button but really feel the frustration level go up when I click on something like "Send" after typing a message and nothing seems to happen. Do I keep clicking on "Send" and possibly send 100s of messages? Or do I close the window and hope that the person gets the message? To me, this should be one of the highest priorities. But I'm just one voice in the crowd.....
        I hear you Nancy, but I need some more info before I pass this issue on to Webmaster Bob. Are you talking about a reply to a topic or a private message to someone? Thanks for your input.

~Kathy
        Actually, it's almost every action. Here are several examples:

- If someone asks to friend you, if you click "Accept" nothing appears to happen. The window just sits there. In this situation, the window should close after clicking "Accept" to indicate that the action was accepted.

- This is from memory so I might have details wrong, but if you go to someone's profile page and click "Send Message" the window comes up and you type in your message and click "Send". Again, the window the window just sits there so there's no way to tell if it worked. Again, in this case the usual action is for the window to close.

There are also other problems all over the Web site. Another example is editing the description for uploaded photos. You create a photo album and upload a photo. The default description, which you see when you hover over the picture, is the original file name. You can edit this by clicking on the photo which brings up a slide show of that photo album with the selected picture being the current picture and the description appearing in a box under the picture. I found that you can update that description but there is no "Save" button or anything else to indicate that you can do it. You update the description and then click "Back to Album" at the top of the page and hover your mouse over the picture again to see if the description was updated. That works probably 75% of the time, but sometimes the description doesn't change. In that case, you can move the photo to a different position in the album and try again, and for me it has always updated the description so far.

There really are a lot of cases like this all over the Web site. What needs to happen is for someone to go through every button, link, feature on the Web page and test it. That needs to be someone who can communicate with the programmers or, better yet, is one of the programmers (at least, that's what the programmers should have done before putting this in front of the testers which should happen before it goes in front of the users -- sorry, I'm a software engineer by profession so I really understand the importance of testing and of the users' perception of your product).

I really do appreciate your help in getting everything fixed on the Web page. I hope that your position isn't too stressful! I hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks Nancy you've described the problems clearly for Kathy

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Originally posted by "rehak" post=124339

There really are a lot of cases like this all over the Web site. What needs to happen is for someone to go through every button, link, feature on the Web page and test it. That needs to be someone who can communicate with the programmers or, better yet, is one of the programmers (at least, that's what the programmers should have done before putting this in front of the testers which should happen before it goes in front of the users -- sorry, I'm a software engineer by profession so I really understand the importance of testing and of the users' perception of your product).
            You've hit the nail on the head in a nutshell Nancy, Thanks. I hope somebody is actually reading this post.

Comment

Rita..Have you noticed ?? Female and no karma??? Some body is working somewhere, me thinks . :S

Comment

I saw we had our sex changes last night, but the lack of karma is new today - one less fiddly thing to worry about/ignore

Comment

On to the next thing !!

Comment

I have finished and by now washed the QAYG quilt I asked questions about a while back regarding blocking. The photos are taken before washing so it is now lovely and scrunched and ready for gifting.

I have FMQ it myself on my Bernina 730 and it is really just a sampler quilt because I just played around with available fabrics, most of which were leftovers from other projects, in the stars and the centre was pieced using a doodled design I did during a meeting. The only fabric that had never been touched before was the one with the fans. The FMQ is also just designs I have been drawing on paper and felt I wanted to try. All the blocks around the centre are quilted with different designs and they are all repeated in the centre "block". This is the first quilt I have ever made where I have felt it all is coming together for me - colours, piecing and quilting.
                    I'm now trying to finish my Christmas Tree that I drew out myself and have used isosceles triangles to piece (bit off more than I could chew there - the top is full of "blunt" points ops: ) but if the sleigh slides fast enough I hope nobody notices. I'm at the FMQ stage now so we should have a tree by the 24th I hope :whistle:
                    Marianne

Comment

Wow, well done that girl :cheer: . That is fun. I particularly like the star on the righthand side that has stripey points

Comment

Thank you, Rosemary.

Comment

Wowsers, Marianne! Your quilt is beautiful! Your left over fabrics played great together and I just love the pattern. Lucky, lucky recipient!

in 'Yes, I Know the Way to San Jose...', California, USA

Comment

Beautiful Marianne, love your quilting

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Beautifully done, Marianne!

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

Beautiful quilt Marianne !
                                Pam

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2233 users online. 223 members and 2010 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25586   Active Members: 1,296  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X