Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Jelly Roll quilt patterns

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jelly Roll quilt patterns

Here you go, Michelle! Let's all use this forum thread to post any quilt you've made from Jelly Rolls along with info about designers, rulers, patterns, links, etc.

I'll start with the quilt I made for my son that has already been posted in a couple of TQS forums:

I've shown this quilt on another forum topic, but wanted to let you know that it was also made from jelly rolls!! I used a ruler called the Strip Tube Ruler and their pattern called Multifaceted available here along with a video of how to use the ruler: http://www.cozyquilt.com/Features/StripTubing.aspx

I don't especially like that all of the resulting blocks have bias edges on all four sides :shock: but the quilt went together easily and I really like all of the optional designs that you can make with the ruler. The uneven widths of the Hoffman Bali Pops that I used were not an issue with this technique.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

This is a quilt that I made from several Kaffe Fassett jelly rolls. I've posted it on another forum topic and in my blog.

This is my own design. The jelly roll fabrics are cut into rectangles 2.5"x3" and sewn in pairs along the 2.5" edge. The solid white fabric is cut at 1.5"x5.5" and the jelly roll units are sewn along each side to create blocks that are 5.5"x5.5" unfinished. Here is a better look at the blocks:

Anyone is welcome to make a quilt with this pattern. You have to fudge the seams to deal with the variability of the widths of the jelly roll strips, but the pattern is pretty forgiving. The pinked edges of the jelly roll strips are a bit of a pain with this pattern because when you put the blocks together you are matching pinked edges to straight edges at the corners in an awkward way. But it all worked out in the end.

Nancy

Comment

Here is one I made a couple of years ago. I think I got the idea from a youtube tutorial by the Missouri Star Quilt Co - 'Summer in the Park'.
      All the bias edges were a nightmare. When I put the borders on it was so wonky that I had to quilt it quite densely to tease it back into shape. I used Sharon Shambers method of using starch and lots of pins to shrink some of the fullness. I won't be making one like that again in a hurry. :roll: When I made it I had the idea of stitching wild animals into it because the fabrics are so jungly but my skill level was not so great at FMQ then. I might be ready to tackle that idea soon though.

Comment

Jelly Roll Sampler by NancyinSTL, on Flickr

Here is a quilt I made as part of the Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along 2010 using a scrappy jelly roll. Blogged at http://moosequilts.blogspot.com/2010...long-2010.html This was my first time working with a jelly roll and I loved it. It's rather additive, since it goes so fast with jelly rolls.

To bring unity to my blocks, I placed them around a scrappy 24" medallion block which was loosely based on the "Modern Medallion Pillow" pattern tutorial that I found on Moda Bake Shop at http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/04/...ture.html#more by John of http://www.quiltdad.com/ One difference is that the Modern Medallion Pillow has flying geese in the border where I put plain strips and it has an additional surrounding border. I added the outer braided borders to make a larger quilt top. My scrappy jelly roll had 63 (2 1/2") strips, with only one duplicate strip, so there are quite a few strips leftover.

The quilt backing is denim and I added a strap "a la Elizabeth Hartman" to make this a roll-up picnic quilt.

Comment

What a cute scrappy-looking quilt !!

Comment

My first quilt was a jelly roll pattern

The pattern I used is called Mosaic Star and available at http://www.ppnq.com (Painted Pony 'n Quilts, my 'local" quilt shop when in TX); the original pattern was brights & black; I used red/white/blues instead. It's just a log cabin, arranged to have a star center. It was a GREAT first quilt to do since it's all straight and less cutting.

Comment

I recently saw this one on Flickr and love it. This would be easy to make using a jelly roll.

DSCF9848 by This Creative Bliss, on Flickr

Comment

The only jelly roll quilt I've made was in the February 2007 issue of Quilt magazine and was titled Tasty Treat. It was quilted by our very own dlquilter

Comment

This is Log Cabin Hidden Stars it comes from the book Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott . I found this fun to make it is fairly easy but as you can probably
                  tell I have come to a grinding halt with the quilting, I am such a coward when it comes to the quilting ops:

Yn Harddwch Gogledd Cymru

Comment

Here is what was once a straight forward jelly roll race quilt top, which the lady fell out of love with, but then she cut it up and put in some sashing and made it look great. https://www.threadbias.com/projects/...elly-roll-race

Comment

Love all the quilts! Sue you could always quilt it with the serpentine stitch along the seams from top to bottom. It isn't essential to do free motion quilting to finish a quilt. I think it would look rather good with straight line or zig zag lines too. Just sayin'.

Comment

Such pretty quilts. Nice job everyone.

Comment

This is good one for jelly rolls and also stash buster, I think the pattern has been around for awhile, its one of the first few quilts I made when starting on the quilting road. It is a single and VERY easy to make, I have thought of making it with a black or navy back ground and use bright fabrics.......its added to my "make a quilt list".

Taree NSW - Australia
                          My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Hi Rita Thanks for the suggestion now that sounds like something I can do without getting in a pickle , I had a look at your Rubies are forever quilt
                            and it looks great with the serpentine stitch , so maybe I will get out the walking foot which is less hastle than putting on the BSR foot and then going into
                            panic mode . I really must practice more on my BSR I can do it on practice pieces but on a real quilt which I have spent months working on it scares me silly.

Comment

Sue, I just downloaded Charlotte Warr Anderson's books on machine quilting. Alot of her designs are intended to be used with the walking foot or dual feed. Then some are moving toward FMQ with lots of help using adhesive templates to stitch around.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2266 users online. 254 members and 2012 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,300  
                              Welcome to our newest member, Vicki Robles-csadrbls80.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X