Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Alex anderson lemoyne star

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex anderson lemoyne star

Could you please help me. I am looking for the tutorial that Alex Anderson did in her classroom classes. Went in today and could not find it. Has it been removed? Have just decided to do a Le Moyne star quilt and wanted to refresh my memory.

That is strange, Alex did have a class in her classroom on the LeMoyne star but I can't find it either. In Episode 606 she demos how to make a split LeMoyne star if that's any help?

Comment

Isn't that the star that Edyta Sitar did in her last show?

Comment

Yes it is Susan - but it's a completely different method to Alex's one.

Comment

I noticed her tutor has been removed too. I used it when I first did the LeMoyne star and wonder if there was a little mistake in it? I followed the instructions but the star did not work for me until I adjusted the measure after making the 45 degree cut, I replayed the instruction many times as I was not sure if the measurement was my misunderstanding or wrong on the tutor

Comment

Thanks so much for all the advice. I had made a couple of blocks using Alex's method and found it very very good. They were a complete success and everything was the correct finished size. Will try Edyta Sitar's method and see how I manage. Just hope the Quilt show notice this and maybe put it back into the classroom again. I'm sure that plenty of people would be interested to see it again. Also new people joining up I'm sure would be interested.
            Thanks again everybody.

Comment

I tried Edita's eight pointed star and I think the measurements are wrong, I had to make the triangles bigger.
              Anne

Comment

I too was looking for the tutorial recently and saw it had been removed. I used her method to make the stars for two quilts and wanted to view it to refresh my memory before making more lemoyne stars. I do think I remember how to make them as I made two quilts worth of them. I really like her method, easy with great results. I think the directions are in one of her books.

Comment

Originally posted by anne1
                  I tried Edita's eight pointed star and I think the measurements are wrong, I had to make the triangles bigger.
                  Anne
                  Anne I found that the corner squares needed to be a little bigger than specified for it to work. I can't remember how much but I think about an extra 1/4" - and you can then trim the block to size.

I am sorry Alex's version is gone too because although I had looked at it I had not tried the method. I have two blocks on the wall that i did using Edyta's method and I had planned to do more using Alex's method. Oh well, guess it's time to buy the book.

Comment

Show 1112 Edyta Sitar. Is the name of a discussion about this star.I'm not on a real computer so can't give the exact link

Comment

http://watch/watch-shows/video/show-...ntest-and-more

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                      That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

John is looking into it - thanks for the heads up

Comment

Thanks so much Alex. Here's hoping. Just a thankyou for all the things I have learned over the years. I'm a much better quilter for them.

Comment

Me too! :mrgreen:

Comment

ditto... now if i could actually do it the way you tell me instead of veering off on a tangent at the slightest whim - things might actually turn out as was planned
                              Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1986 users online. 195 members and 1791 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X