Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Thank you for the weekend!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the weekend!

Bleary eyed and brain about to explode but I cannot thank you enough for your generosity in providing the International Quilting Weekend access to shows. I am a recent gold member and a beginner. To experience the diversity and creativity of your guests and to laugh along with Alex and Ricky as relaxed co-hosts was simply fantastic. In spite of all of the creative flash as a beginner I focused on the "how tos". episode 908 with Alex's weirdo shapes explained so much and the short about how to properly remove a seam was brilliant. If there is such a thing as a quilting school acreditation those points should be required for teachers to teach beginner's. Thank, thank, thank you! -
    Constance

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Yes thank you TQS, I loved Linda Taylor and her amazing feathers, seeing David Taylor in his home, dipping into lots so I know what to buy and enjoying Alex and Ricky you have made my weekend even though I was working all day yesterday.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I agree! It was great to be able to see so many shows or even to dip in and out of so many shows. I was particularly pleased to see the episode of 'Why Quilts Matter' about the Gees Bend quilters - truly inspirational. Thank you.

(Sorry you had to work all day yesterday Wendy )

Comment

thank you TQS!!

Comment

I managed to see Paula Nadelstein's episode and loved it - how to hide your seams in the design and make really complex looking quilts from simple piecing. Thinking that I will be trying out a stack-and-wack sometime soonish.

Comment

TQS is truly the best entertainment AND education available for quilters anywhere! Kudos to Alex and Ricky for making it available to all this weekend.

from the Piedmont of North Carolina

Comment

Thanks everyone. We couldn't be more pleased with our community! Thanks for being a part of it and sharing it with your friends!

Comment

This was a fantastic opportunity for me, pretty new to quilting, to learn what's out there through the shows I don't own and can better decide which shows or series I'd like to add to my collection sooner than later. Suzanne Marshall keeps coming back and talking to me! Any chance you might bring her back for an encore? Thank you so much ,TQS, for making all your shows available this weekend. It was so much fun to peruse and enjoy!

Comment

Ha ha - I didn't know Ripples in the Rockpools until Rita Connolly - but Stipples in the Rockpools is great - very clever!!!

Comment

Well, Ricky, I do owe my quilting moniker to Rita and I was drawn to it because, having enjoyed a long naval career prior to quilting, rockpools do have meaning to this sailor!

Comment

Renata, the rockpools are great, but I'm into lighthouses - I'm well-known for hugging them whenever I can (long story).

Thank you TQS for a super weekend. I went back and forth between looking after wee granddaughter and TQS. The show with Melinda Bula and the one with Cindy Needham are still my favourites.
                      From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Every time I decide on a favorite, a new one comes along... TQS truly caters for all, even the easily bored and unable to follow directions type of people like me... Something new every day, there's no way I'll ever get bored or run out of ideas with TQS in my life!
                        Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Yes! Thanks you lovely people at TQS, for another great weekend of free-show viewing! I introduced a couple new friends to the website, and they loved it too! Hey, I finally got to watch the Cindy Needham show too! I had watched her tutorials on Superior Threads previously, but this was a really great addition. And thanks for all the organization of the prize drawings from this weekend! Can't wait to hear who wins things.... sure, I hope I'm one, but I'll be very happy for anyone who wins these awesome prizes!
                          Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

I didn't take advantage of the free shows this weekend since I already own all except the latest on DVD and most of them online. I think that says it all about what I think about the TQS videos and web site! But I did take the opportunity to order season 11 and to put my name in the hat for the wonderful prizes. Thanks, TQS!

Nancy

Comment

I just watched the one with Susan Carlson - fabulous! I think at this stage my head is about to explode. So many ideas...

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1974 users online. 195 members and 1779 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X