Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Spray baste and fumes?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little flower, I didn't wash anything because I took a fresh start on patting it into place after pinning the batting stretched. Then I ironed it to fuse it down even better. That's what the lady did on Craftsy's quilting big quilts video. I found spots on two of the blocks. Hopefully they will come out with a little washcloth action.

Thank you Rosemary for the patting strategy. It seems to have worked. I saw online that the fusing spray only lasts 2 months on poly batting. I plan on getting this done soon as I'm not quilting it very densely. It should be simple and go fast. Thanks for the help
    Teri

Quilting is a Beautiful & Complicated Art!

Comment

Well, the front looks better. I did it second. The back still looks a a bit ripply. No one is really gonna care except me. I think I read somewhere that somebody washed their flannel twice to get it to shrink as much as possible and I wondered if that would take the stretchiness out a bit. I did try to pat things in to place and it looks much better. I also used more pins to stretch out the batting.
      Teri

Comment

Just a footnote. There are no fumes really, and this method beats safety pins any day. I was very happy and might consider one day doing a larger quilt this way. What will I do with all those safety pins now? That's the question.
        Teri

Comment

You might want to try the new iron-on batting that's available - I've found it at Joannes, and it's WONDERFUL! I was able to baste a queen sized quilt, and it even made it easier to machine quilt it on my home machine. It was much easier to handle & keep together than the spray basting that I've used in the past. I'm going to use it for all of my large projects from now on.
          Teri

Comment

Someone on a different forum talked about cutting up plastic wine bottle corks and using them like Pinmoors. This is easy to do, easier on the hands and pins than Pinmoors, and appears to baste well. This will not work with real cork. The plastic corks cut with a sharp kitchen knife. Recycle & save the lungs.

Comment

Originally posted by suehenyon
              Someone on a different forum talked about cutting up plastic wine bottle corks and using them like Pinmoors. This is easy to do, easier on the hands and pins than Pinmoors, and appears to baste well. This will not work with real cork. The plastic corks cut with a sharp kitchen knife. Recycle & save the lungs.
              Collecting the corks would, of course, be an act of dedication to the cause! :wink: or is it just to help the fmq practise? :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
                Collecting the corks would, of course, be an act of dedication to the cause! :wink: :lol:
                Oh, it's to save the planet, of course! :lol:

Comment

Certainly, HIV, we'll do ANYTHING to save the planet, hic, anything. :twisted: :lol:
                  Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

Comment

Originally posted by lotti
                    we'll do ANYTHING to save the planet, hic, anything. :twisted: :lol:
                    Well yes, and we have to find out which brands have plastic corks!

Comment

I'll help on finding brands with plastic corks!

One of my friends spray basted a quilt inside and found residue all over everything in the room.

Comment

That didn't happen to me unless I didn't notice. I used 505 spray. But have fun finding corks. Jan

Comment

Originally posted by theothermarion
                          I'll help on finding brands with plastic corks!
                          Thanks Marion, Cabernet Sauvignon or any California blends would be good

Comment

Susan: I'm partial to Washington wines, myself! Been here fro about 57 1/2 years now....

Comment

Originally posted by PosyP
                              Originally posted by suehenyon
                              Collecting the corks would, of course, be an act of dedication to the cause! :wink: or is it just to help the fmq practise? :lol:
                              How did I miss this post. Rosemary, we can always count on you to make us smile. I can't wait to meet you some day!

Comment

Well that was a bust for my birthday...2 bottles of wine (one saturday and one yesterday) and they both had real corks in :roll: Guess I will have to keep to the bent safety pins for now.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2159 users online. 204 members and 1955 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X