Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

reproductio quilts

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reproductio quilts

Is there any one who has an interest in reproduction quilts, the fabrics. The history, I am more interested in English reproduction, being australian, but one can purchase american fabrics of course of the 1700, 1800 , hundreds

Also when emailing there is no. Indication that the email has been sent , with the only next click being. Continue,
    Also I wanted to watch video 303 but was unable.

If i discide not to subscribe when my sub. Runs out how do I let you k now.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Hi Denese,
    I don't really know about reproduction of english quilt fabrics, although I do think that one of the fabric companies has brought out a line based on Jane Austin's quilt. For futher looking up about old English Quilts I recommend http://www.quiltmuseum.org.uk/ Also the V&A Museum had a major exhibition last summer on quilts and the information is still available on their website at http://www.vam.ac.uk/page/q/quilts-p...-and-quilting/, they also had some repro fabrics, but a) I don't know if they have any left, and b) what dates they were from.

hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by denese
      Is there any one who has an interest in reproduction quilts, the fabrics. The history, I am more interested in English reproduction, being australian, but one can purchase american fabrics of course of the 1700, 1800 , hundreds

Also when emailing there is no. Indication that the email has been sent , with the only next click being. Continue,
      Also I wanted to watch video 303 but was unable.

If i discide not to subscribe when my sub. Runs out how do I let you k now.
      I agree, Denese, it would be nice if we got something that states "Message has been sent" when contacting another TQS member.

As for your TQS subscription, if you don't want to renew, it will just expire. No need to let anyone know.

You are only able to see the episodes that your subscription covers. Like a magazine subscription, you don't automatically get all the past issues! If you want to view episode 303, it is available on the DVD available here: shop

Comment

I can't help with the reproduction quilts. But if you are interesting in "things English and fabric-related" you don't have to go very far. The Australian Michele Hill has written two beautiful books, produced a gorgeous line of fabrics and knows what she is talking about when it comes to William Morris and his designs ( http://www.michelehill.com.au/ ). I have been told that the largest collection of William Morris's designs outside of the UK is in a museum in Adelaide.

Jen Jones knows a lot about historical Welsh quilts ( http://www.jen-jones.com), and so does one of our members, Pippa Moss ( http://pippa.moss.users.btopenworld.com/ )

Good luck on your journey!
        From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Thank you for replying, I follow Michele and have her adelaide range, I would of liked videos on this type of topic, and fabrics,

I am doing one of her applique quilts. I was also looking for video on applique fou d one but cannot access it. Also did a reproduction of fabric put out re jane austin

Comment

The V&A do still have reproduction fabrics online but their shipping rates to anywhere outside the UK are prohibitive. Rita.

Comment

As for the shows, if you do not want to purchase a full season DVD, you can also purchase individual shows online. These shows will then be available to you forever, as are the shows from your time as a star member. Under "MY ACCOUNT" you can see what shows you currently have access to and can purchase new shows.

Nancy

Comment

Thanks Nancy! I forgot about that option!

Comment

[quote="Lorchen"]I can't help with the reproduction quilts. But if you are interesting in "things English and fabric-related" you don't have to go very far. The Australian Michele Hill has written two beautiful books, produced a gorgeous line of fabrics and knows what she is talking about when it comes to William Morris and his designs ( http://www.michelehill.com.au/ ). I have been told that the largest collection of William Morris's designs outside of the UK is in a museum in Adelaide.

gee Lorchen i am and Australian and didnt know about that collection in Adelaide........ :shock: :shock: :shock:

Taree NSW - Australia
                  My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Patchworkjill
                    Originally posted by Lorchen
                    I can't help with the reproduction quilts. But if you are interesting in "things English and fabric-related" you don't have to go very far. The Australian Michele Hill has written two beautiful books, produced a gorgeous line of fabrics and knows what she is talking about when it comes to William Morris and his designs ( http://www.michelehill.com.au/ ). I have been told that the largest collection of William Morris's designs outside of the UK is in a museum in Adelaide.

gee Lorchen i am and Australian and didnt know about that collection in Adelaide........ :shock: :shock: :shock:
                    It can be very easy to ignore what is in ones own back yard - 'it is local, so it can't be all that exciting, & I can see it any time anyway' school of thinking :roll:

Taree NSW - Australia
                    My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Jill, if you are interested then email Michele. She is lovely and will know all the details.

Comment

michele toured the uk last year taking iin many things William Morris also ckeck out her blogg,,lovely lady,always replies to email
                        This state has so much heritage. ( tasmania) as our family where on first fleet to tas, I feel the connection to all things
                        1800.s

Comment

Lorchen I just went to the web site and how lovely is she, I especialy loved the navy quilt, will have to look further into this as I would love to do a quilt.

Taree NSW - Australia

Comment

Go for it, Jill! And look at Michele's books. They are scrumptious! She would make a wonderful guest on a TQS show.

Comment

Forgotten to say: The fabric company that Michele works with is "In the Beginning". The fabrics I have used from that company have always been excellent quality and there are some free projects on their site: http://www.inthebeginningfabrics.com/

Disclaimer: I am not paid by either Michele or 'In the Beginning'.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2169 users online. 214 members and 1955 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,227   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X