Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

meanings of icons on posts

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

meanings of icons on posts

This may be a silly question, but where can I find the meaning of the stars, exclamations points, and other icons that appear on this site for instance when you post a comment in the forum, icons appear in the box near your name. I have seen stars with numbers and other configurations in them. Thanks.

The stars next to a name tell you for how long someone has been a member of TQS.
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

The exclamations points in a message tells you, you can "report this post" for example if the wording was rude or talked about things that the general members would not want to read about on this forum.

The icon saying "Edit" lets the person who wrote the post edit any spelling mistakes or just change the words.

The icon that looks like an X lets you delete your post only.

The icon that saying "Quote" lets you bring forward the message you are replying to, your message will be underneath this, if you look on the forum you will see examples of this.

The little person looking icon under the name and photo tells you, you can send that person a private message/email.

The envelope looking icon under the name and photo tell you, you can email that person.

The wording under the name and photo tell you how many posts on this forum in total that person has made e.g. our beloved Margo has made "Posts: 2869".

The little blue round world looking icon under the name and photo is a link to that person web site if they have one.

Hope I am making sense.

Taree NSW - Australia
      My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Thanks for the thorough explanation, Jill!

Terrina, the only thing I can add is that if a member has a gold star with a "C" in the middle (on their TQS profile), it means that they are a TQS charter member from early 2007. You can check each member's TQS profile by clicking on "View my TQS profile" under their photo. You may learn their real name, where they are from, a little background information about them as well as possibly seeing some of their quilts!

For more tips about navigating the TQS forum you can check here: http://forum/forum-questions-and-sug...-the-tqs-forum

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
        That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Okay, what is the difference between the private message and email?

AND, what are the circles to the left of each forum topic? Some are blue, some are red, some have stars and some scroll!

Dawn
          In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

Dawn, I'm not sure, but I think that PMs are actually stored on the forum site, (check your forum user Control Panel on the top blue bar) but e-mails aren't. Both will be delivered to the recipients e-mail address.

I need to check with Bob about that!

I never have figured out the colored ball thingys! :shock:

Anyone have a clue?????????

Comment

If the little ball is blue than it's just any old thread. It may be ancient.
              If the ball is red, then a new message has been posted to it that you haven't read yet.
              If there is a little red star in the ball, then you have posted a message to that thread sometime in the past.
              If the inside of the ball is scrolling then it's a thread that's very long with lots of individual messages.

It took me some time to work it out.

Comment

Lorchen explained some of my deductions but I only have blue balls and stars. None are red.

From QYW and this forum seems the same: For the PMs the recipient receives the email notification but neither person's email addresses are disclosed. Emails are like any emails where you also get the sender's address. People that want more security use only PMs.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoopie
                  Okay, what is the difference between the private message and email?

AND, what are the circles to the left of each forum topic? Some are blue, some are red, some have stars and some scroll!

Dawn
                  In beautiful Northwest Montana

Dawn,

When someone sends you a private message, the notification goes to your email, but you then have to click on the link and it takes you to your message similar to when you receive a notification from a Forum topic you've been following. When you get into the private message section, you can send a reply from there. I've received several of those since the SoTTTs HST exchange started and that was first time I knew it even existed.

If a message is sent through Your Profile, that goes directly to your email and nothing is seen in your Private Message box.

I don't know anything about the circles on the topics though.

Debbie

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."...quote courtesy of Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks ladies!

Messages sent through your TQS profile are a completely different set-up than messages sent through your Forum profile! They are managed by different sources.

Comment

This is a new thread, and just now the circle was blue. Then NaneeWolf posted, and it turned red. I'll get this figured out yet!

And, now it is blue again, after I posted.

Okay, now I've got it! Thanks to Lorchen.

If there are 24 or more posts, it will scroll.
                      If it is red, I haven't read the last post.
                      If there is a star, I have posted on it.
                      If it is blue, I am up to date reading that thread.

Dawn

Comment

I thought if it was scrolling, it mean't that there was someone else in there reading the messages at that moment in time. I will have to go and check chapter 1 of the Sottts to see if the 89 (or whatever pages) are scrolling by themselves.

Rosemary

Edit - I just looked at Sottts, and it is padlocked shut :?
                        However Batiks, next door with 123 entries is scrolling, so I guess I was wrong there ops:

I'm really glad this question was asked though.

Comment

I've never really paid attention to the red/blue/scrolly/ball thingy! Every time I check the forum (which more often than anyone needs to know!! :roll: ) I just click on "View New Posts" (in the white bar beneath the date and time).

All the recent posts on all the forums show up there, and anything that has been posted since my last visit will have a little red square to the left of the title. If you hover your mouse over it you will see that it will say "view first unread post", and when you click on that icon it will take you directly to the first post that you have not yet read!

You can also click on one of the numbered "page" icons to the right of the title to go to a specific page. Maybe the first page of the topic, like for the new exchanges, to check the guidelines!

Also, if you aren't sure you've read all the new posts, just click the "refresh" button on your web browser and it should clear out the ones you've already read!

Comment

Thanks for all your help on the Forum, I am learning a lot by reading everyones postings. http://forum/beginners-corner-ask-an...icons-on-posts

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2170 users online. 215 members and 1955 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,227   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                            Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X