Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Painting Quilting Room

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painting Quilting Room

We've just moved and I have the opportunity to set up a quilting room. Question: Should I paint it white or gray, so that walls won't conflict with fabrics; or should I just go with a favorite color, since I'm going to have a design wall anyway?

I'd also be curious what Facefook Friends have done.

Thanks,

Donna

in Vancouver, Canada

Donna, go with whatever colour(s) you like, because I guess you are going to spend a lot of time in that room.

How light the walls need to be will depend a lot of the amount of natural light that the room gets. I have seen North-facing rooms that were crying out for white walls. But for some rooms pure white walls can be a little too bright.

Have fun sorting out your special room!
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Gray does not exist in my color palette (probably because I lived in Seattle for 13 years and the skys are often gray there). I like light and bright, so I agree with Lorchen. Go with a color that feels good to you, based on the amount of natural light in the room.

Comment

I think the only wall color that might have an affect on your fabric colors are those really intense colors like dark reds or greens, for instance. They will reflect on your color choices. Otherwise, go with your favorites. Cheers, BJ

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
        Betty Jo

Comment

I agree with the other comments, I would just add that miy walls off white colour, so not bright and not dark, also as I will hang some of my quilts etc on these walls I thought the off white would go with any colours on my quilts and would also make those quilts stand out a bit more than with coloured walls, just a thought.

Taree NSW - Australia
          My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

The last time I saw the walls of my quilt studio was when I painted them! I chose a beautiful, soft yellow that reminds me of sunshine. Then I promptly covered every surface with hangings. But I know that lovely sunshine is under there!

in Vancouver, Canada

Comment

I'd go for yellow to match Sue's 2011 BOM Quilt. That's looks like a joyous color. And just think, after the quilt is finished it can hang on the wall and add even more sunshine. I'm sure whatever you choose, it will be beautiful though.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."...quote courtesy of Dr. Seuss

Comment

I have a fairly new sewing room and decided to step out of the square I am in and it feels great, I chose a bright mauve on the walls and a purple for the design wall, I thought that the purple would throw the colours of the blocks off but it works great. I had all my benches in white, my cutting table with cupboard under in white and lots of shelving on the walls with divisions all in white. I have a large 2 door robe type cupboard with one door mirrored and the other done as another smaller design wall. The floor covering is in an off white carpet with a nice sized window 2.4wide x 1.5 high. It has colonial bevelled glass doors opening into it, on the inside of the doors I have put lace so the eye cannot see directly into the room as it gets into quite a mess when I am in there doing my thing!
                My darling husband {who has worked in the building all his life} took much pleasure in doing it all himself, to both our satisfactions.
                I am sure that whatever you choose you will get as much pleasure out of it as I do out of mine. I found it wonderful to step out of the box and choose something that I normally would not have. My own wonderful creative haven in our home.

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."...quote courtesy of Dr. Seuss

Comment

Sounds divine! you should start thinking about hiring out your husband so that more of us get brilliant sewing rooms!
                  From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2291 users online. 262 members and 2029 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,300  
                  Welcome to our newest member, Vicki Robles-csadrbls80.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X