Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Make it your own embroidery class -- show your work

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running behind....

Comment

Originally posted by Wendy Westmoreland-Wendyworlando View Post
      Running behind....
      Wendy, There is an advantage of running behind. You get to see all the wonderful creations that have been posted so
      it is easier to determine what you like and things you don't like. Keep posting, it will be fun to see it grow. HelenW

Comment

Done! I made my sampler into a 14" x 28" bolster pillow- a perfect companion to my Kaffe Fassett quilt. I learned so much with this project, but most importantly I gained so much confidence for doing embroidery. I've "graduated" to buying Sue Spargo materials to continue on. Thank you, Alex!
        (had trouble uploading full shot of the pillow! kept cutting off the ends-sorry)

Comment

• Debra W. commented
          Editing a comment
          This is fabulous!

• Noella D. commented
          Editing a comment
          So beautiful!

• Becky A. commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! Just beautiful!

Originally posted by MSHendel View Post
        Done! I made my sampler into a 14" x 28" bolster pillow- a perfect companion to my Kaffe Fassett quilt. I learned so much with this project, but most importantly I gained so much confidence for doing embroidery. I've "graduated" to buying Sue Spargo materials to continue on. Thank you, Alex!
        (had trouble uploading full shot of the pillow! kept cutting off the ends-sorry)
        Peg, Your more than graduated to Sue Spargo caliber. I give you an A+++ on all aspects of your pillow. Will you post a picture of
        you Kaffe companion quilt? Would love to see them together. I can't imagine a more pretty pillow in embroidery. Outstanding!!!
        HelenW
        Last edited by Helen W.; 01-28-2022, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Thank you Alex for this great class! I work on mine everyday. Hearts are my favorite motif. Denise Pelkey
          Last edited by dpelkey; 01-27-2022, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Becky A. commented
            Editing a comment
            I love the hearts! They will be on my next project for sure!

Originally posted by NanaSuz View Post
          Helen, I saw your butterfly embroidery on Alex's Live yesterday. The butterflies are beautiful.
          Do you mind sharing how you made them? I love the transformational imagery of butterflies.
          NanaSuz in Ohio
          Suzanne L, I was given a book called Butterfly Stitches a couple years ago. I have never done hand embroidery but I loved the
          butterflies. When Alex started this class I pulled it out and made a copy of a couple of the butterfly patterns on freezer paper.
          Then I made raw edge applique in black kona cotton. I edge stitched in black thread 1.0 1.0 zig zag. The book has wonderful pictures
          with lots on line drawn butterflies. She has line drawn pieces for doing in wool applique. I don't have any wool, so I just used black cotton.
          The book only teaches one or two stitches. She says you can find the techniques everywhere on the internet. I just used what Alex
          was teaching. HelenW

Comment

Suzanne L, The pictures did not upload so I am doing them in a separate post. HelenW

Comment

• Suzanne L. commented
              Editing a comment
              Helen, thanks so much. I ordered the book from Amazon and look forward to trying some of the butterflies. Have a good day,

Make it your own embroidery or 2022 BOM??? How about both. Almost ready to start filling the applique shapes with embroidery stitches.
            Thank you Alex. I would not know how to do the stitches if I had not been following your classes. You are a wonderful source of inspiration
            and your life long learning philosophy is exactly how I feel. HelenW

Comment

• Carole B. commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful work Helen! I just may do this in wool and/or embroidery!

I finished my first project and figured why not do it again. My first project is a pillow which I love. Now I’m working on some wool circles - keeping the circle them and laying it a bit. I am totally hooked. And I’ve spent way too much on fancy threads. But that’s ok. A girl need a diverse stash.

Comment

• Becky A. commented
              Editing a comment
              I love the pillow you created - the addition of the fabrics to make the pillow really enhances the embroidery work. Nice job!

Enjoying class! Hope this helps me to get back to my crazy quilt I started right before Covid hit. Have you seem Creative Stitches for Contemporary Embroidery by Sharon Boggon? It shows stitch for left and right handers.

Comment

Originally posted by HelenW View Post
              Picked up my embroidery stitching after finishing the BOM Jan. block. Both have been lots of fun. HelenW
              You rock! Beautiful job on both pieces! I adore your take on the BOM. Can wait to see what you do next month.
              Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

Making progress...and having a great time!

Comment

• Peg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I really like the bottom photo- starlike center with buttonhole outside. Well done!

• Becky A. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Me too Peg! Going to make sure that one gets placed on my next project!

Hi Alex and Gang,
                I have been working on my embroidery every other day. So here is my progress. The other days I work on my WIPs. I really love this project.I am nowhere near finished!
                Thanks Alex,

Noella

Comment

I have really enjoyed jumping into the world of hand embroidery! I am doing this years BOM also, and plan to use the skills I’m learning here to embellish that project! I think one of the most important things I have taken away from this class is the importance of using the correct needle size and type.

Comment

I am relatively new to embroidery and have never worked on silk. Also, I decided to challenge myself in learning to use neutrals. Still have a ways to go but having so much fun!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1038 users online. 154 members and 884 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X