Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is done unless I decide to add some beading
    France 

Comment

Hey Alex, Should I call it done, or do more work in the black border area??? Sure had fun with this class. Learned
      a lot. HelenW
      CLICK ON PICTURE TO SEE ENLARGEMENT

Comment

Originally posted by HelenW View Post
        Hey Alex, Should I call it done, or do more work in the black border area??? Sure had fun with this class. Learned
        a lot. HelenW
        CLICK ON PICTURE TO SEE ENLARGEMENT
        You have done a beautiful job! Love everything about this. If you’re looking to go further, consider continuing the leaf branches into the border. Also, add some simple outline circles in the border in white, maybe partial circles that stop at the center piece. Well done, Helen! My circle sampler is at the framer, who is having a hard time getting the frame I choice due to supply chain issues. Doesn’t the world know we have projects we want completed! Finished landscaping another house today. Two more to go!
        Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

• Lori H. commented
          Editing a comment
          Love this! Is it wool?

Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post

You have done a beautiful job! Love everything about this. If you’re looking to go further, consider continuing the leaf branches into the border. Also, add some simple outline circles in the border in white, maybe partial circles that stop at the center piece. Well done, Helen! My circle sampler is at the framer, who is having a hard time getting the frame I choice due to supply chain issues. Doesn’t the world know we have projects we want completed! Finished landscaping another house today. Two more to go!
        Carole B. Thank you. Our minds must run on the same frequency. I had made up a couple leaf branches templates to have coming out
        from the corners with the idea of putting a circle in the two corners with the branches coming out in a mirror image on both sides of the circle. I went ahead and put a sleeve and binding on it, but did
        not hand stitch the sleeve down yet. I think it would look good. Don't know how hard it would be to embroidery on an already
        quilted area. I think I am just anxious to get back to working on the BOM. Your comments confirmed my natural tendency to
        put thing in the borders that are in the main section, to help your eyes move around the piece. Be sure to post a picture of
        you framed embroidery when you get it back from the framer. HelenW

Comment

Trying to catch up.... Slow, but sure!

Comment

I think I’m almost done. It’s been fun. Thank Alex for all your classes!

Comment

Outside rings of circles are done, maybe. Now to begin working on filling the insides. This is fun! Thank you Alex! Oh, I also love red, the red in the photo is the painting above the sofa, my granddaughter painted it as part of her final exhibit for her Studio Art degree at Virginia Tech.

Comment

• barns commented
                Editing a comment
                How do you post a picture when told the image is too large?

Originally posted by barns View Post
              How do you post a picture when told the image is too large?
              Resize it smaller and try again. To find instructions use the Search the Forum box for Uploading Photos
              Barbara Black
              Huntsville AL
              https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
              "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by lorihquilts View Post
                Love this! Is it wool?
                Thank you! Yes, it’s wool felt.
                Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

Sadly, I think I'm just about done. I've been enjoying this so much, bringing back memories of embroidering with my mom and granny so many years ago. And I've never just done anything so free-wheeling. Love doing this and will keep doing more. Thanks for the change of pace!

Comment

Comment

Hi Alex, I went into my silk stash and found this old crazy quilt block so decided to use it instead of making a new one for embroidery class.
                      I've had surgery on my ankle and am non weight bearing so cant get around much so this has been the perfect thing for me to work on.
                      Love the class. I'm calling it modern twist on something old.
                      Elaine

Comment

My first visit to the forum. Beautiful work! Mine remains a work in progress as I am a slow stitcher Enjoying the project.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Woodstockgranny; 02-16-2022, 05:45 PM. Reason: Trying to download the picture...no luck so far

Comment

Comment

This reply by Wendy Westmoreland-Wendyworlando has been deleted by Wendy Westmoreland-Wendyworlando

Love the Wheat ear!!!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1143 users online. 415 members and 728 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 04:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,010   Posts: 151,023   Members: 21897   Active Members: 2,123  
                          Welcome to our newest member, Chris Claassen-christiannec1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X