Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Make it your own embroidery class -- show your work

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post
    Helen—How wonderful! I half considered doing the 2022 BOM in wool (again), but this might even be better! Thanks for the inspiration, my friend!
    Carole B, Congratulations on another exquisitely beautiful piece of handwork. How many new stitches did you learn? It is so
    fun to use the zoom function to look up close at all your wonderful little designs. I think the Garden Party would look magnificient
    in wool with a prolific number of embroidery stitches. If I were starting my stand alone center block again, I would go with a 65% size. That would be about 12 inches instead of 18. So thinking ahead, what would your ideal garden looks like? Any favorite flowers or critters? HelenW

Comment

Already anticipating doing some more embroidery work after this project is completed. I've already ordered more perle cotton and have the perfect fabric for it. In the mean time, this project continues to keep me learning more and more about the craft, just when I thought I didn't need another one.

Comment

I had to try something different with the neutral bundle. From my collection I added charmeuse silk, radiance, linen and wool. Haven't had much time, but I had forgotten how much fun embroidery can be. I may save the center for quilting and embroider all around it.

Comment

Originally posted by HelenW View Post

Carole B, Congratulations on another exquisitely beautiful piece of handwork. How many new stitches did you learn? It is so
        fun to use the zoom function to look up close at all your wonderful little designs. I think the Garden Party would look magnificient
        in wool with a prolific number of embroidery stitches. If I were starting my stand alone center block again, I would go with a 65% size. That would be about 12 inches instead of 18. So thinking ahead, what would your ideal garden looks like? Any favorite flowers or critters? HelenW
        Thanks, Helen! Many new stitches used in this including Palestrina knot, Rosette chain stitch, Tête de Boeuf, Crested chain stitch (my least favorite), Whipped woven Circle, Cast on bullion knot, Coral stitch, Needle weave bar, Twisted fly stitch, Beaded coral stitch, Drizzle stitch and my new favorite-the Trellis stitch.

Need to give more thought on the 2022 BOM. Also want to finish my 2021 BOM so I can get it to the quilter.
        Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

Originally posted by MSHendel View Post
          Helen,
          computer did autocorrect!!!!! BLANCK BLANCK BLANCK - maybe it will learn a new word now!!
          Peg, That happens to me all the time. I often reread my posts after hitting the post reply and the words are different.
          That is why most of my posts end up with edits. I have to go back in and correct the computer. HelenW

Comment

Loving this project. I plan to make this a pillow. Hoping so today.

Comment

I was very late in starting this project. What really got me going was seeing everyone's beautiful work. Really inspired me! Here is the beginning of my project. (Thanks to Alex for leading on this, and all the previous projects!)
              Last edited by Suzanne F.; 01-10-2022, 02:11 PM.

Comment

This is were I am so far. Enjoying the embrodery. I am doing on cotton. I have shoulder replacement on March 1, hope to finish
                while recoperation. I have also stareted the BOM..

Comment

I started taking embroidery classes last July and had completed four lessons when we went into lockdown for four months. Thank you Alex for starting this project. It has given me inspiration to continue to practice what I had previously learnt and also learn some new stitches. I am loving it.

Comment

• Suzanne F. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I absolutely love your colors!

• Noella D. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love your colors!

What to do next is the most difficult part of project
                  France 

Comment

• Noella D. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love your use of mutiple colors in the thread. You’re using stitches we haven’t seen yet too! Th at double chain is intriguing.

I am still working on my “Aquarium.” Every second day. The other day I was finishing my Christmas present for one of my children that seemed to take forever!
                  I put in the new stitches each time I work on it. Some of the stitches don’t go so well on circles.
                  Alex could you show us the double chain stitch for a circle? Mine looks weird.
                  Thanks for all your hard work!

Comment

Adding circles with running stitch around each of my 30 circles. Have added batting and backing and will ultimately be framed. May add some additional straight stitches on several blocks. Time will tell.

ETA: Done with the circles and leaning toward stopping here.

Thank you, Alex, for this project. I never would have thought to use silk, but so happy for the nudge.
                    Last edited by Carole B.; 01-14-2022, 09:48 PM.
                    Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

Had a lot of fun with this project. I even reused the ribbon that the fabric was tied with. I love the self erase marker. It is my new favorite notion.

Comment

• Peg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wow!! love the combinations of straight, circles, buttons, embroidery and quilting. Well Done!!

i have had a busy month and finally had time to spend watching Making Your Own yesterday. I am intrigued that Alex sews the majority of stitches away from herself where I sew towards myself in embroidery as pictured in the applique I am doing. I have done this for many many years, anyone else do it this way, I am just curious. I am a self taught sewer and embroiderer and this is what felt natural to me.

Comment

• Carole B. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        After you commented on this, I tried to pay attention on what I do. I stitch in both directions! Does that make me an ambidextrous stitcher?

Originally posted by Rmb57 View Post
                      i have had a busy month and finally had time to spend watching Making Your Own yesterday. I am intrigued that Alex sews the majority of stitches away from herself where I sew towards myself in embroidery as pictured in the applique I am doing. I have done this for many many years, anyone else do it this way, I am just curious. I am a self taught sewer and embroiderer and this is what felt natural to me.
                      Rhonda, I too stitch towards myself. And I have not had any lessons. I feel I can judge the length of my stitch better.HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 987 users online. 147 members and 840 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X