Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Make it your own embroidery class -- show your work

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mimicat View Post
    Here is my photo! Are my stitches to tight?
    Mimicat, Your stitches look great. Not too tight. No puckering that I can see. HelenW

Comment

Hi Rose from Philly here! I'm still waiting for my fabric to arrive, but in the meantime, I'm working on some cute Christmas embroidery. Sparkly snowpeople with crayon enhancement... and a piece from years ago... still not quilted. Alex will recognize the designs and some of the fabrics. Sorry, seems that one of the pics got turned around

Comment

Originally posted by sandytn View Post
        Your butterfly is beautiful. Now I am off to see difference between French Knot (which I am familiar with) and a Colonial Knot.
        Sandy, I googled how to do a Colonial Knot in hand embroidery and the video by Sarah Homphray was the easiest to learn. Mary Corbet also does an excellent job of
        demonstrating stitches. I have been binge watching Sarah Homphray Embroidery. I feel like a sponge. There is so much I don't know. HelenW
        Last edited by Helen W.; 12-17-2021, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          Hi Rose from Philly here! I'm still waiting for my fabric to arrive, but in the meantime, I'm working on some cute Christmas embroidery. Sparkly snowpeople with crayon enhancement... and a piece from years ago... still not quilted. Alex will recognize the designs and some of the fabrics. Sorry, seems that one of the pics got turned around
          Rose from Philly, What cute snow people blocks. Is that a Crabapple Hill pattern? I did Hook, Line and Sinker but applique and by machine. Now that I am learning hand embroidery I will be going back and looking at their patterns with new eyes. HelenW

Comment

• Rose M. commented
            Editing a comment
            Helen W. Yes the pattern is from Crabapple Hill. They have a gingerbread house set that is too cute and I believe they have a witch series... Just fun things !

Finally started

Comment

If all goes well this will be a new rectangular pillow for my bed. I found some felt "buttons" in my stash and decided to try out some placements inside and out of circles. See Christen Brown's photos for ideas of how to incorporate. Notice how I stored my thread- Thanks to Lilo Bowman for suggestion to use 18-count clear egg carton. Brilliant!!!
            I searched "embroidered mandalas" on Pinterest and found lots of ideas for combining and expanding the simple stitches we are learning from Alex.

Comment

• kemopuzzle commented
              Editing a comment
              Great idea about the embroidered mandalas. I like how you did your background in stripes

Some of my latest stitches

Comment

I made a lot of progress today while my husband had a procedure done. I definitely made it my own with my initial on it! Pleased with how the 'C' turned out.
              Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

• Karla W. commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow! Looks fantastic! Love your colors!

• Noella D. commented
                Editing a comment
                I love your needle minder, it’s lovely! I love books too! Your letter is perfect, I will have to try something like that too if you don’t mind?

• Helen W. commented
                Editing a comment
                Carol G, Love the "C" initial. Beautiful stitching. HelenW

FUN cannot adequately describe what this class is. I never knew what joy I was missing. Thank you, Alex, for introducing me to a new hobby.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                Editing a comment
                Joanne B. What thread are you using? I like how bold looking it is. Good contrast of color with the background too. HelenW

• Joanne B. commented
                Editing a comment
                Helen W. - I’m using some Perle cotton as well as DMC floss. Trying to stay in the same color range as background.

• Joanne B. commented
                Editing a comment
                Karla - Thank you so much. I’ve never done this before - soooo far out of my comfort zone - but loving every minute.

SEW, I should be wrapping presents, but I am SEW addicted to stitching this project! Pieced my background using Moda Grunge Cotton and stitching with size 8 Presencia thread. Highly recommend Moda Grunge for embroidery. Has a shimmering/shadow-like impact. SEW far, I have stitched stem, chain, and backstitch. Can't wait to try Alex's vine with lazy daisy, French knots, and backstitch! Happy Stitching from Maryland!!

Comment

I renewed on 12/5/2021. I have not received a download for the two books.

Comment

I am enjoying the color play of the silk and the threads. I gathered up all my embroidery threads from the past and am incorporating them with the threads I ordered with my kit. Toni Johnson

Comment

• Noella D. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I really love your green wreath!

Hi, Noella here, I am working hard on my embroidery. My hubby calls it my “aquarium” and he is not wrong. My koi (fish) is just so calmly swimming through all the embroidery stitches. I am posting a picture but I can’t watch the Friday show “LIVE”. I have an appointment during that time slot.
                  ‼️ I still have not received my stuff, ‼️but as I was looking through all the lovely works here, I see mine is not the only package held for ransom (lol) somewhere in the postal system.

Hopefully getting my third shot of vacine soon, this one a booster against the Omicron strain of Covid. When will it stop?

Open up the photo to see all the motifs and stitches done to date. I really love doing this!

Noella in snowy, icy Quebec.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                    Hi, Noella here, I am working hard on my embroidery. My hubby calls it my “aquarium” and he is not wrong. My koi (fish) is just so calmly swimming through all the embroidery stitches. I am posting a picture but I can’t watch the Friday show “LIVE”. I have an appointment during that time slot.
                    ‼️ I still have not received my stuff, ‼️but as I was looking through all the lovely works here, I see mine is not the only package held for ransom (lol) somewhere in the postal system.

Hopefully getting my third shot of vacine soon, this one a booster against the Omicron strain of Covid. When will it stop?

Open up the photo to see all the motifs and stitches done to date. I really love doing this!

Noella in snowy, icy Quebec.
                    Noella, in snowy icy Quebec, It is cold here in North Idaho too. 8 degrees this morning. Your silver lining in the Aquarium
                    project is that it is turning out fabulous. Just think if the postal system had not ransomed your silk fabric, your Koi fish would
                    not be swimming in your beautiful stitches. Love how you are just playing add on, and the bubble circles give you a great
                    place to add more stitches that Alex is teaching. So much fun. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by MSHendel View Post
                      If all goes well this will be a new rectangular pillow for my bed. I found some felt "buttons" in my stash and decided to try out some placements inside and out of circles. See Christen Brown's photos for ideas of how to incorporate. Notice how I stored my thread- Thanks to Lilo Bowman for suggestion to use 18-count clear egg carton. Brilliant!!!
                      I searched "embroidered mandalas" on Pinterest and found lots of ideas for combining and expanding the simple stitches we are learning from Alex.
                      Peg, Love your background with the different width stripes. Very pretty. Great ideas for thread storage and to google embroidered mandalas. I will do that so I can get some variations. I am posting from North Idaho. Where are you from? HelenW

Comment

• Peg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        New Hampshire

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1159 users online. 232 members and 927 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25246   Active Members: 1,500  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X