Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Make it your own embroidery class -- show your work

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided to create a basket with flowers theme, each one being different. Progress was slow, but only two more ovals to fill. Then on to creating the background.

Comment

• Noella D. commented
      Editing a comment
      Your oval designs are superb!

I think I am close to the finish line! I am thinking beads next, and I have some butterfly pendants, and a frog pendant that would look great here!
    Here is where I’m at.
    Please give full sentenses when talking about my work. You just had so much fun last time that my hubby called it my “Aquarium” that that is all you mentioned. I get it, you have hundreds of students asking for criticism and you want to get through as much as possible. You do a tremendous job, and do it well, and graciously.
    I hope you had a great vacation. I saw the picture on facebook, of your felt project that you had brought to Hawaii. I hope that we can see it in real life soon.
    Can’t wait for the neutral quilt to start, but love working the embroidery!
    Noella from Quebec.

Comment

Comment

Well, I'm finally finished. Mine are not as beautiful as some others, but I had fun learning. Thank you Alex.

Comment

I need input...I am finished with my circles and had originally planned to put some straight-line quilting in the "sashing" areas. Should I? Or just leave it as is? If I did add anything, it would be relatively simple/uncluttered.
          Also, any ideas on how to block it before I add the borders?
          Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Comment

• geribear commented
            Editing a comment
            You have beautiful work.....for a simple approach to the sashing perhaps echo quilting or if you are into microquilter matchstick quilting maybe in a basketweave style and micro stiple around 3mbroidery for a trapunto effect...something like Cindy Needham linens

Originally posted by meper View Post
          I need input...I am finished with my circles and had originally planned to put some straight-line quilting in the "sashing" areas. Should I? Or just leave it as is? If I did add anything, it would be relatively simple/uncluttered.
          Also, any ideas on how to block it before I add the borders?
          Thanks in advance for any ideas.
          Suzanne, You can audition different designs by laying a couple clear paper protectors over the piece and drawing with a fine
          sharpie marker. You could do spaced straight line quilting across the sashings. Like 3 lines 1/8 or 1/4 apart, then go about
          3/4 or 1 and 1/4 inches of space and then do another 3 lines in a variety of colors that you used in the circles. I also like something simple like XXX shapes going across
          sashings might look good. Your stitching is magnificent. Alex said you can not block silk projects. HelenW

Comment

• Noella D. commented
            Editing a comment
            Or use a clear plastic table cover for a tabel cloth. The thin ones rip too easily, I ‘d get the dry erase , or wet erase markers to draw onto the plastic, Ready? Go! Lol!

Originally posted by HelenW View Post

Suzanne, You can audition different designs by laying a couple clear paper protectors over the piece and drawing with a fine
          sharpie marker. You could do spaced straight line quilting across the sashings. Like 3 lines 1/8 or 1/4 apart, then go about
          3/4 or 1 and 1/4 inches of space and then do another 3 lines in a variety of colors that you used in the circles. I also like something simple like XXX shapes going across
          sashings might look good. Your stitching is magnificent. Alex said you can not block silk projects. HelenW
          Thanks, Helen...I like the idea of the clear sheet protectors.
          I decided to put some decorative stitching on the sashing. Right now I am contemplating a woven chain stitch with some flowers in one of the sashes. I usually stare at the project and peruse the books until I get a brain wave. Will post my progress.
          BTW, your butterfly piece is beautiful, as is your GPDU.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Suzanne, I know what you mean when just looking and something jumps out at you and you like the idea. Happens
            to me all time. I often Google something and click on images and just scroll. I think to myself, I only have to find one I really
            like the idea of. Works every time. Looking forward to your progress pictures. And thanks for the compliment. It is all just
            so much fun. HelenW

Thanks to Geribear & Helen W for your suggestions. Here is a pic of what I ended up doing. My only question is if the chain stitch "chains" in the long section are distracting from the circles. If I keep the chains I will add something in the middle of each oval. Looking for anyone's thoughts.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Suzanne, What a masterpiece of stitching. Just Love It!!! I love the chain on the long section.
            Yes, if you put some stitching in each oval I think it will just look even better. Your stitches are so perfect and the combinations are stunning. Great Job! HelenW

Suzanne, What a masterpiece of stitching. Just Love It!!! I love the chain on the long section.
          Yes, if you put some stitching in each oval I think it will just look even better. Your stitches are so perfect and the combinations are stunning. Great Job! HelenW
          Thanks, Helen. Chain stitch it is! I have to decide what to put in the middle. Will post.

Comment

Got my circle sampler back from the framer today. Never would have thought to do this on a silk background if it wasn’t for Alex. Thank you! This pushed me to learn 20+ new stitches using Sue Spargo’s Creative Stitching book. The sky is the limit!
            Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

• Helen W. commented
              Editing a comment
              Carole B. The framing was a great idea. Here I thought you knew all the stitches in the book before this. I am so glad they
              have the zoom feature so I can see the details. How is your Sue Spargo block BOM coming along? Are you learning a lot
              of new stitches there too, or is it mostly ones you already know. Hope Alex features you today in her Live. I am sure a lot
              of people would love to check it out for inspiration. You do amazing stitching. HelenW

• Noella D. commented
              Editing a comment
              It looks gorgeous, and even prettier framed! “You go girl” you are a Sue Spargo mini me, lol!

Carole B. The framing was a great idea. Here I thought you knew all the stitches in the book before this. I am so glad they
            have the zoom feature so I can see the details. How is your Sue Spargo block BOM coming along? Are you learning a lot
            of new stitches there too, or is it mostly ones you already know. Hope Alex features you today in her Live. I am sure a lot
            of people would love to check it out for inspiration. You do amazing stitching. HelenW
            Thanks Helen! I'm still plugging away to finish my 2021 TQS BOM before I move back to the Sue Spargo BOM and other projects. Finishing up stitching down the vine on the last side of the border. Then on to 100 leaves and oodles of pennies!
            Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

An update on my embroidery project - Wendy Williams Around The Garden (reduced about 35%). Rather that a new project using silk (which I don't have any) I decided to work on a pattern I already had using fabric and thread I already had but totally inspired to get started by Alex's Class. The circle around the garden if still a work in progress and the tree is close to being finished. Embroidery is so much more relaxing than piecing a quilt. While working on this, I also completed the final blocks of my 2014 A to Z for You and Me quilt.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                Editing a comment
                Sandy F, It is so fun to see other projects inspired from the concept of what a class is teaching.
                Your tree bark is fabulous and I love the ring of flowers. Sure glad this forum lets you zoom the photos to see the details. I have not started my Round The Garden. I have been doing my own
                version of this years BOM Garden Party Down Under. Have you been watching on the photos
                for this years BOM? I am sure it will make you want to put it on your list. I even tried the center
                block as hand embroidery. Not for the quilt I am making just to see what it would look like. It is all
                so fun. HelenW

• Sandy F. commented
                Editing a comment
                Helen W. I am following this years BOM and I have added it to my list. I love how you have made it you own. I hope to complete the 2014 BOM this year; I still have the borders to complete and plan on hand quilting it in sections.

• Jennifer G. commented
                Editing a comment
                A good idea to mix piecing with embroidery!

I have finished my Make It Your Own Embroidery! I kept staring at it and wondered what it looked like… and finally decided it looked like a field of flowers. So I added the blue linen on the left, the 3 Queen Anne’s lace stems and flowers, plus the bird to further that idea. Also added the background grid quilting and linen binding. I’m going to use it as a small wallhanging.

Comment

Oh very slow - but I think this is nearly done - the art is knowing when to stop. I'm not quite sure how to finish this but have really enjoyed the project.

Comment

I am finally getting around to posting my finished MIYO Embroidery, though I am still contemplating a border. I plan to have it framed, so not sure the border is necessary. Loved the process! (Be Patient...I think the photo size is a bit large.)

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Suzanne, They don't get any better than yours. Everything about works so well together. Love the variegated threads,
                    Love the stitches you put together. What a masterpiece. You might be the next Sue Spargo!!! HelenW

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1155 users online. 227 members and 928 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25246   Active Members: 1,500  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X