Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Make it your own embroidery class -- show your work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Really beautiful! Your stitching is so pretty and I see some new stitches I haven't attempted-thanks for the inspiration.

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    This piece is beautiful - I'd like to see a few close-ups of circles when they're completed.

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Love the vines running between the circles!

• Profile Image
    replied
    I’m so enjoying this project. I love having some handwork to do in the evenings and this fits the bill perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    I was able to work on more circles over the weekend and now have 15 done-halfway! These are a few of my favorites. Have learned many new stitches in the process including the Trellis stitch which is a new favorite!

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    I wasn’t even going to start this but for some reason I thought why not. I used a piece of fusion fabric and I really like the background. I am having so much fun. I’m hooked.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Chris, Your stitching is beautiful too. Love that first circle. Excellent selection of stitches that look good together. HelenW

• Profile Image
    replied
    Didn't get to work on this too much in the last 2 weeks, but I really like how it's coming out so fair. Still a long way to go. Everyone's work is just beautiful. Chris Clar

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Ladies, I am so impressed with all the embroidery class pictures. I've been working hard also, along with celebrating Christmas with family. Wishing everyone a wonderful 2022.
    Last edited by Suzanne L.; 12-31-2021, 01:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Karla, What a precious picture of you grand daughter. She looks so comfortable sitting a the sewing machine. Bet she is
    hooked already. HelenW

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by kathib View Post
    Stopping was hard, but I think I’m done! I’ve ironed it to a piece of batting and done some quilting, but it doesn’t really show. Once I’ve ordered more silk, it will grow up to be a pillow. I’m really enjoying seeing all the different interpretations. This version is random, but some of you have introduced more control into your design. All are so beautiful! Thank you for sharing.
    Kathi B, Congratulations for being first done, with an excellent design, excellent stitching, and buying more silk. For all that
    work I found you a 1st place ribbon!!! Job well done. HelenW
    Click on the picture to see your ribbon.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by HelenW View Post

Carole B, One inch circles. It is like making a miniature quilt. What are the names of your stitches on the one that looks
    like a sunflower edge? Is your plan to do all circles? You mention an Easter theme. Happy New Year tomorrow. HelenW
    Helen--It's amazing how much detail you can fit into 1 inch! The stitch on the one you asked about it the Woven Picot stitch. It's done with odd number spokes (3-5-7). This was the first time I've done it with 5. Only the base of the pedal is attached to the background. I've tried to update the captions on my photos to say what stitches I used. Not sure if it took, but will keep on trying. Happy New Year to you, too!

ETA: Guess you are not able to edit posts after a certain period of time. Bummer.
    Last edited by Carole B.; 12-31-2021, 09:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    This project has really inspired me. I have made good progress. I have also decided I “NEED” some additional threads. Let me tell you they add up.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Stopping was hard, but I think I’m done! I’ve ironed it to a piece of batting and done some quilting, but it doesn’t really show. Once I’ve ordered more silk, it will grow up to be a pillow. I’m really enjoying seeing all the different interpretations. This version is random, but some of you have introduced more control into your design. All are so beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post
    Today I was able to add 4 more of my 1 inch circles. This was really enjoyable, as I used several new-to-me stitches with the help of Sue Spargo’s Creative Stitching book. I want to know who comes up with these stitches!
    Carole B, One inch circles. It is like making a miniature quilt. What are the names of your stitches on the one that looks
    like a sunflower edge? Is your plan to do all circles? You mention an Easter theme. Happy New Year tomorrow. HelenW

Leave a comment:

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2253 users online. 121 members and 2132 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25613   Active Members: 1,198  
Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X