Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Make it your own embroidery class -- show your work

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m a bit late to the party. I have pieced a small cushion (12x18). I am sure I will make more. I am trying to upload pictures and am struggling. Anyone have a solution to the pics being too big?

Comment

Got one more little circle stitched. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        I’m a bit late to the party. I have pieced a small cushion (12x18). I am sure I will make more. I am trying to upload pictures and am struggling. Anyone have a solution to the pics being too big?
        Are you posting from a phone or a computer? If you email your picture to yourself at medium size that works for me.Then take the picture from your email to your desk top it will upload for me. Also, From my
        computer I can click on the photo on the desk top and on the main menu at the top of the computer in Preview I go to Tools,
        Adjust Size put pixels at 75 and Size at 70 percent and that works for me too. HelenW

Comment

I am continuing on my embroidery it is SEW Fun
          Terry

Comment

I am totally hooked on this process.

Comment

• Kathi B. commented
              Editing a comment
              So am I- I love the way each project is turning out!

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              I am totally hooked on this process.
              Jamie, Love the little bush in the center of your circle. It would be fun to take a theme and do little embroideries in a bunch of circles. Your stitching looks great. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by Donna2018
                I've included a printed cotton fabric that has a woman's face in it - I had fun doing French knots in her hair, but I don't know if it shows in the picture.
                Donna, the one from Colorado, looks like your hands have been busy. Your stitching is great. On my computer your photo does
                not enlarge, like most do, but I can see the face. Looks like you are having fun. HelenW

Comment

Here's a closeup of the face.
                  Donna Carter
                  from Pine, Colorado
                  High in the Rocky Mountains

Comment

Here's a closeup of the lower left section.
                    Donna Carter
                    from Pine, Colorado

Comment

Here's a pic of the whole piece. A question for Alex or Barbara: What are some options for displaying the piece? I was thinking of mounting it on a canvas frame. What other ideas do you suggest?
                      Donna Carter
                      from Pine, Colorado

Comment

• Karen commented
                        Editing a comment
                        So beautiful,Donna. I would definitely frame it. A frame shop would have recommendations about how to do so.

Hey everyone, this is my first time on the Forum. I was looking for a road trip project, when I found Alex’s embroidery class. I have been doing a lot of wool embroidery, but have not really worked with silks except for a sampler crazy quilt. Joining late and under a time crunch I dug through my stash and found several silks I bought years ago and forgot about. Below is my progress to date… I love the modern layout combined with the traditional stitches…having a blast…

Comment

I’m really late to the party on actually doing something on this wonderful project. But, last night and today I carved out some time to piece together my background. This silk I purchased from Sue Spargo and is in various pink tones. Pleased with how this turned out given this was really the first time using my new machine since I purchased it last January(?)—or any machine in over 3 decades!

Now the fun begins! Looking at this, it screams Easter to me so I’m thinking about adding 1 inch wool circles and doing heavy embroidery on those with seasonal animals, flowers, bugs etc., drawing inspiration from SS’s Toned Down Sampler.

Hope people continue to post their beautiful stitching while this slow poke tries to catch up.

ETA: Did my first of ~30 1 inch circles. In case you are wondering: First whipped stitched down circle using Ellana wool thread. Flower is using Eleganza #5 perle cotton threads for colonial knots and palestrina knots (stem), #8 for chain stitch.
                        Last edited by Carole B.; 12-28-2021, 08:24 PM.
                        Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

• Carole B. commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Helen W. — I’m hoping to get into using my machine much more. As for my fabric stash, it’s non-existent.

Hellen W. - I am using some Perle cotton, as well as DMC floss.

Comment

Originally posted by nhbaskets View Post
                          I’m really late to the party on actually doing something on this wonderful project. But, last night and today I carved out some time to piece together my background. This silk I purchased from Sue Spargo and is in various pink tones. Pleased with how this turned out given this was really the first time using my new machine since I purchased it last January(?)—or any machine in over 3 decades!

Now the fun begins! Looking at this, it screams Easter to me so I’m thinking about adding 1 inch wool circles and doing heavy embroidery on those with seasonal animals, flowers, bugs etc., drawing inspiration from SS’s Toned Down Sampler.

Hope people continue to post their beautiful stitching while this slow poke tries to catch up.

ETA: Did my first of ~30 1 inch circles. In case you are wondering: First whipped stitched down circle using Ellana wool thread. Flower is using Eleganza #5 perle cotton threads for colonial knots and palestrina knots (stem), #8 for chain stitch.
                          Carole B, Your New Years Resolution should be to make your new sewing machine Your Next Best Friend!!! Your piecing
                          looks wonderful. The pinks are so soft looking. Easter is the perfect theme for those colors. Thanks for sharing you thread choices.I
                          I love it when TQS members give a little background along with the photos. I know you must have a monster Thread Stash. How is your fabric stash??? The new BOM is just around the corner. HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1004 users online. 158 members and 846 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,768   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                          Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X