Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Paper piecing sampler -- show your progress here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working on two versions of paper piecing sampler - bright for me and modern antique for my sister. Finished piecing sister's including inner border of printed stars. Including shots of the two color ways. So much fun working on these two different versions. Imagine it in a Christmas version! No limits to what you can do.

Comment

Comment

I finished the flying geese borders and pieced the top! Now to figure out backing and get started on quilting. Thanks Alex

Comment

Not sewn together yet but now I can see it all coming together. But I’m happy with the results, not perfect but, it will be completed soon. Like others have said, gathering that many geese does take a while.

Comment

I finished sewing it all together, I’m happy with it. Now, to pick out the paper.

Comment

Enjoyed the class. Looking forward to the new BOM.
              Pam K

Comment

All done from stash, very scrappy. I LOVE IT. Thanks Alex.
                Monique 
                Morrisburg, ON  Canada

Comment

Boo! Used up my little Halloween scraps. Was Happy I was able to figure out math for Candy Corn Border. Thank you Alex for teaching us how to do some design on our own.

Comment

Finished! And I love it! Thank you Alex, this really pushed my boundries!

I found that I couldn’t end the quilt at the flying geese border. I found that it looked too naked. My daughter is in Interior and commercial design and with me being a University Bachelor of Fine Arts graduate, we decided that to really make this quilt “ ME” I needed to bring the yellow and white out to the edge, and since I was going to make the bias a reversal color of the flying geese also I wanted it to be larger and more visible on the edge so I made the last border a 1 inch of those colors. I even mitered the 4 corners, and bias joined the side joins!

I hope everyone else likes this too.
                    I can’t wait for the embroidery class to start!

Noella
                    Last edited by Noella D.; 11-22-2021, 10:39 AM. Reason: I wanted to give you a close up of two of the outside border corner mitres. They are not “perfect” but close enough. From 5 feet away they look great!

Comment

My paper pieced top is complete, as well as sandwiched and ready to quilt. I am contemplating how to quilt it. Since it is so busy, I think the quilting should be lighter and less dense… what does everyone else think?

Comment

• BHunter53 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I too am having difficulty figuring out how to quilt. Not sure. Really busy and dense quilt. Any Ideas?

Finally finished. Used batiks from my stash. Baskets gave me a hard time. Had to make them 3 times.
                      Last edited by digiusep; 11-29-2021, 06:43 PM.
                      Lucy D. 

Comment

Comment

My top in complete and I am very pleased with it. Hopefully will be able to start quilting in the new year.

Comment

The top is finally completely pieced.
                            it's been a bit of a challenge. I am thinking the quilting will be pretty simple with maybe a little extra on the solids in the center
                            Last edited by Deena K.; 12-01-2021, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Noella D. commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I really like your choice of colours for the last border. So beautiful!

I was very intimidated by paper piecing-but I love this!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1135 users online. 198 members and 937 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                            Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X