Collapse

Our Sponsors

Paper piecing sampler -- show your progress here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally finished. Used batiks from my stash. Baskets gave me a hard time. Had to make them 3 times.
    Last edited by digiusep; 11-29-2021, 06:43 PM.
    Lucy D. 

Comment

Comment

My top in complete and I am very pleased with it. Hopefully will be able to start quilting in the new year.

Comment

The top is finally completely pieced.
          it's been a bit of a challenge. I am thinking the quilting will be pretty simple with maybe a little extra on the solids in the center
          Last edited by Deena K.; 12-01-2021, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• Noella D. commented
            Editing a comment
            I really like your choice of colours for the last border. So beautiful!

I was very intimidated by paper piecing-but I love this!!

Comment

Hello all,i finished quilting yesterday and i am very pleased with the result.Only binding to do.
            I tried to add an avatar and don‘t get it,please can someone help me .

Comment

• Linda L. commented
              Editing a comment
              Your layout & quilting are beautiful!

• Debbie P. commented
              Editing a comment
              You did a great job quilting it, did you do it on your domestic machine?
            This reply by HelenW has been deleted by HelenW

Here is my stitching background. Plan to use bright DMC stitching on butterflies and leaves, then quilt the background area.
            HelenW

Comment

• Marilyn C. commented
              Editing a comment
              Had fun. With this one. Added Ricky Tims dancing squares to make it bigger. Thank you

Comment

• Marilyn C. commented
              Editing a comment
              This is a 2 pieces of silk I found in my stash. I did a reverse app. And a curved piece I hope you like it. I’m slowly getting the circles on. What fun. Thank you.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            This is a 2 pieces of silk I found in my stash. I did a reverse app. And a curved piece I hope you like it. I’m slowly getting the circles on. What fun. Thank you.
            crawfordmarilyn, You put this in Alex's last class on paper piecing. There is a category for hand applique stitches. It is called
            Make It Your Own show your work. Please post there too. Everyone would like to see your work. Great reverse applique. What is your name and if you want you can tell us where your are located in general. I am HelenW from North Idaho.

Comment

I finished the top with the group but just did the quilting. Not as gorgeous as Quiltermine!!! but I'm happy. This is baby quilt for a future grandchild (adoption process has begun )). I used a light yellow as upper and glide light yellow in bobbin.

Comment

Originally posted by MSHendel View Post
                I finished the top with the group but just did the quilting. Not as gorgeous as Quiltermine!!! but I'm happy. This is baby quilt for a future grandchild (adoption process has begun )). I used a light yellow as upper and glide light yellow in bobbin.
                Peg, What a perfect baby quilt. I bet the baby will be dragging it around for years to come. Love the cheerful colors. Lucky baby!!
                HelenW

Comment

I so enjoyed this paper piecing class, now to quilt it. I will definitely do more paper piecing, it’s so precise. Thanks Alex, for the wonderful class!

Comment

Finally all done, I used Minkee as a backing, Thank you, Alex

Comment

I've very finally finished my FPP Sampler, quilted and bound. I loved making this quilt using Bonnie Lane fabric. Thank you Alex for this pattern.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 943 users online. 537 members and 406 guests.

Most users ever online was 7,765 at 03:22 PM on 04-08-2022.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,985   Posts: 150,765   Members: 21449   Active Members: 1,859  
                      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Month 10 Vases
                        No, the ombré fabrics and Kaffe have nothing to do with the 2023 BOM. But I have started that, eager to show it off, s...
                      • The Handmade Quilt - Progress Pictures
                        Dee and TQS: thank you for offering this skill-building project. I plan a combo approach, some hand piecing, some machine...
                      • Month 10 Vases
                        Barbara, It had been 2 weeks since I looked at your blog. Can't tell you how much I love the ties quilt and the wool quilt...
                      • Month 10 Vases
                        My blog today gives you a look ahead at Month 10 vases. The patterns will be available in a few days.

htt...
                      • The Handmade Quilt - Discussion
                        Hi Dee, on this week's live, someone asked about the book
                        I always watch it delayed due to time difference. ...
                        Share Pictures of your Handmade Quilt work in progress here. We can't wait to see!...
                      • The Handmade Quilt - Discussion
                        Post your questions, comments, etc. about The Handmade Quilt project here.
                      • Basket Rendezvous - question
                        I received my Basket Rendezvous kits - both the warm and cool kits - and they are wonderful. So wonderful, in fact, that...
                      • Improv Class
                        This small project inspired me and being able to use my left over fabrics from "Color My World" was a perfect...
                      • Improv Class
                      • MONTH 9 — Show Your Progress Here
                      • MONTH 9 — Show Your Progress Here
                        All your blocks are lovely but that Month 9 urn is super!
                      • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

• Improv Class
                        Dancing Chopsticks 25x25, pieced by Lesley Morris. Alex, I made this at the beginning of the Pandemic when you started...
                      • Basket Rendezvous - question
                        I received my Basket Rendezvous kits - both the warm and cool kits - and they are wonderful. So wonderful, in fact, that...
                      • No more items.
                      Working...
                      X