Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Paper piecing sampler -- show your progress here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

working from 2 fat quarter bundles..

Comment

• Peg commented
      Editing a comment
      Polka dots my thing! this is so sweet

I am done. Needs to have the paper removed and be quilted. It was fun. Thank you, Alex, I loved the variety and had fun choosing colors.

Comment

• Jill Robins. commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the colour change in the flying geese.

• Peg commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy Happy quilt!

Because some people can't follow instruction.
    It's amazing how far small pieces of fabric will go, before you cut into fat quarters and yardage.

Comment

Comment

• Peg commented
        Editing a comment
        Busy but colors work. The yellow border gives a resting place. Bravo to you for making more pineapples!!

I have about half the flying geese done as well. Very happy to get the Baltimore Beauty blocks done, they were a bit of a challenge.

Comment

Made this bigger using Ricky Tim’s dancing stars Loved using my scraps up
        thank you

Comment

• Noella D. commented
          Editing a comment
          I love your colors. These are both favorites of mine, aqua and purple. I love your added border too. I wanted to maybe make mine bigger and wasn’t sure what to add, this is great!

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Great color combination. And the extra border looks great. HelenW

• Peg commented
          Editing a comment
          Fun outside border. Love the colors!

My pinwheels just didn't want to be in this quilt. Otherwise, I like it.
        JET

Comment

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Janet, Love your layout. New York beauty center is excellent and it looks great without pin wheels. One thought would have been to pinwheels in the 4 corners of the border in a contrasting color. Like how you put mini geese as a way to make the the math work in your border. Another coping way is to make the inner border a little wider on the sides, but I like the way you did it. HelenW

• Peg commented
          Editing a comment
          Bravo for the unique placement of squares. like the elongation. Colors really work on this.

• Linda L. commented
          Editing a comment
          Love your layout and colors!

I only have 12 flying geese to make. The reverses of the colors are calculated and in their position; (ie) lower middle left and high on the right. The corners are all done too. Then to sew all the geese to the outside of the quilt. I’ll have to cut down the size of the orange border a bit because the math does not work.
        I am slow because I have bad arthritis in all my joints, but mostly in my hands and back, so I can only sew 2 hrs a day. But I love this quilt and can’t wait to finish it!
        It took me full 2 days to add the bottom orange border, (sew on, rip out, sew on, rip out, 4 times, trying to get everything to lay as flat as it is now, uuugh!) because it was cut the same direction as the selvage and the two bottom corners are on the bias because of the New York Beauty blocks.
        Last edited by Noella D.; 11-10-2021, 12:37 AM. Reason: Added explanations.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Noella, I really like the way you are doing your flying geese border. Very unique and creative. HelenW

• Peg commented
          Editing a comment
          fabulous placement! uniquely yours.

Getting it Done... I sometimes just need a little motivation to pull out a UFO and finish it up. When Alex started the Foundation
        paper pieced sampler, I wanted to play along, but felt I really shouldn't start another project. I pulled a partially thread painted
        fox from a Toni Whitney pattern and an applique from another pattern and decided to use paper foundation to pull my idea together. Thank you Alex because I am almost done, just the binding and sleeve to go. HelenW

CLICK ON PICTURES TO SEE ENTIRE PICTURE
        Last edited by Helen W.; 11-10-2021, 06:55 AM.

Comment

It's Done!! I decided to give myself a break and not do my usual "going off on my own tangent" thing. I subbed in some of my own fabrics, swapped out the linen-like ones in the kit for similar quilting cotton but otherwise followed the pattern in color and design. My mind is a bit busy now and I needed this project to get me back into the quilting groove. I am so amazed and thrilled to see the variation of block placements and colors choices. Bravo to All! Many thanks to Alex for guiding us through this. Can't say I love PP but it's in my toolbox now.

Comment

Comment

Thank you Alex for this class. I had fun working with fun colors; it's my first. My goal was to make a happy quilt with the 'feel' of Alex's original. Hope I achieved at least 50%. I want to work on foundation paper piecing a little more. Maybe something small from Kumiko Frydl's book I found in my book collection.

Comment

Paper pieced top done! I had to make it bigger for hanging on a two story wall. Also rearranged it, as you can see. Green, gold and red to get me through the winter.
                Attached Files

Comment

Now here is the photo, I hope.

Comment

My geese wanted to fly around inside. I had fun making all the blocks and trying different arrangements. Thank you Alex, I’ve been enjoying all the projects!

Comment

• Helen W. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Jrgermain, What a great looking arrangement. Really, really like the geese placed on the inside. HelenW

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1034 users online. 149 members and 885 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                  Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X