Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Faces

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally finished.

DFD7403F-C8FE-4073-8FE1-D92172474C2F_1_201_a.heic

Comment

Finally finished her. I had so much fun I have to make more.https://thequiltshow.com/community/roine1/photos/album?albumid=11451784

Comment

Finally finished her. Have to make more of these for sure. S

he was so much fun.

Comment

Hi Alex, Thanks for getting me out of my comfort zone and enlarging my tool box. I call my quilt "Comings and Goings" as it represents how I came into this world and what I will leave behind. It was a delight to create this quilt and scour through my stash finding little pieces to represent my theme. The cross near the top represents the legacy of faith that existed as I came into this world, and also is the legacy I am leaving behind

. The three most important adults who brought me into this world are symbolized in different ways. My maternal grandmother lived in a gorgeous farmhouse and the lower right background fabric expresses that image with words. My dad was nicknamed "Hoot Owl" as shown by the snowy white owl tucked onto the branch above my shoulder. My dad passed when I was 8 years old, so I wanted him to be a prominent symbol as he still remained a significant influence on my life, although I represented him in a very subtle way. Which is why I didn't outline him with FMQ. My mother not only gave birth to me, but gave birth to my passion for sewing, thus the sewing machine is my nod to her. The words scattered about tell of the in between with my husband and two children. As we all come into this world we must all accept that we too are going, therefore I represented my cherished grandchildren with bunnies adorning my neckline as what will be here long after I am gone. I have not yet created my label, as it is my hope that I can document this quilt as part of the Graduation Class of 2020...so hoping I got it done in time. Thanks again Alex, for eveything you share with us and how you truly brighten our days when we get to spend time with our community. Kristy Soard
          Kristy

Comment

Hi Alex, Thanks for getting me out of my comfort zone and enlarging my tool box. I call my quilt "Comings and Goings" as it represents how I came into this world and what I will leave behind. It was a delight to create this quilt and scour through my stash finding little pieces to represent my theme. The cross near the top represents the legacy of faith that existed as I came into this world, and also is the legacy I am leaving behind

. The three most important adults who brought me into this world are symbolized in different ways. My maternal grandmother lived in a gorgeous farmhouse and the lower right background fabric expresses that image with words. My dad was nicknamed "Hoot Owl" as shown by the snowy white owl tucked onto the branch above my shoulder. My dad passed when I was 8 years old, so I wanted him to be a prominent symbol as he still remained a significant influence on my life, although I represented him in a very subtle way. Which is why I didn't outline him with FMQ. My mother not only gave birth to me, but gave birth to my passion for sewing, thus the sewing machine is my nod to her. The words scattered about tell of the in between with my husband and two children. As we all come into this world we must all accept that we too are going, therefore I represented my cherished grandchildren with bunnies adorning my neckline as what will be here long after I am gone. I have not yet created my label, as it is my hope that I can document this quilt as part of the Graduation Class of 2020...so hoping I got it done in time. Thanks again Alex, for eveything you share with us and how you truly brighten our days when we get to spend time with our community. Kristy Soard
            Kristy

Comment

Kristy

Comment

Santa has been watching you!!! So glad you all made the DEAN'S LIST in the graduating class. In Santa speak, that means you made the NICE LIST in 2020, along with Alex Anderson, Barbara Black, Dee Christopher, John Andersons and all the rest of the TQS family!!!

HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by "HelenW" post=152354
                  Santa has been watching you!!! So glad you all made the DEAN'S LIST in the graduating class. In Santa speak, that means you made the NICE LIST in 2020, along with Alex Anderson, Barbara Black, Dee Christopher, John Andersons and all the rest of the TQS family!!!

HelenW
                  And I would add HELENW to the Nice List, always ready to jump in with suggestions, screenshots, and help. Not to mention the Awesome Graduation Class graphic which has really gathered us all close. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                  North Alabama, USA
                  "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!!
                    I just wanted to share I found lip fabric!! Sew cute. It's My Mind's Eye for Riley Blake, I ordered a yard, hoping it's a good size...

Comment

My 12 year old granddaughter made a face quilt of her parents for Christmas. They loved it

Comment

Finally finished. I had so much fun I want to make more.

DFD7403F-C8FE-4073-8FE1-D92172474C2F_1_201

Comment

DFD7403F-C8FE-4073-8FE1-D92172474C2F_1_201_a.heic

Comment

This was way out of my box. Enjoyed the process. Surprised myself. Did not have fabrics with images.

Comment

2020 will be over soon. Happy to put a few more faces into the Graduation Class.
                              Congratulations Autumn, At 12 years old I think you are our youngest graduate!!! Wooo Hooo!!!
                              Welcome to the World of Quilting!!! HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by "KMICHAEL" post=152384

This was way out of my box. Enjoyed the process. Surprised myself. Did not have fabrics with images.
                                KMIchael, I put your face in the graduation class, but just wanted to point out that there is a category for faces. If you make separate post categories
                                Barbara has to move your post so other people will find it. I took a screen shot to show you where it should have gone. HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2447 users online. 302 members and 2145 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25590   Active Members: 1,295  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                                X