Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mariandvm, I've read somewhere that you can do something with all the color catcher sheets that come out so pretty. What do you think?

Comment

Hello GrandPaula, Maybe I missed where to read about your picture posted with the lovely hand-prints/log cabin blocks. Is there a story that goes with this? I'd love to hear it.

Comment

Barbara, It's amazing to me what those few small tips did for my accuracy. I knew it would be crucial for the golden gate block. Here are a couple of shots of the first one in progress and my 4 finished blocks. I added a couple of my own hand dyes to the mix. I am really loving seeing all the blocks coming in

Comment

Here are my first two blocks. My daughter had given me some 5-inch squares of Kaffee Fassett fabric having circles. I decided to use that fabric for the middle square of my second block; I like the way it burned out.

Comment

Brenda, glad you are learning to master precise piecing--it's not hard.

Here is a blog I did as part of a Sew-A-Long, 3 years ago now that really takes the Precision Piecing Process step-by-step:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2017/01/sew-long-part-2-shoo-fly.html

Perhaps you will find more tips there.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
            North Alabama, USA
            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Some of the info was in the post with the turtle.
              My husband got his undergraduate degree from the University of Maryland in 1970. Go Terrapins!
              For the past few years I have been thinking about making him a turtle quilt.
              During the past 7 years my daughter in law has also been giving me quilt blocks with her children’s hand prints. There is a Christmas tree, snow man, fish, trees, butterfly, etc. different sizes and themes. I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with them.
              Finally decided they would go on the back of the turtle quilt. That dictated the size of the project.
              Then I’ve just been playing with the pieces and adding to make them work together.
              Turning my stash upside down several times to find just the right piece.
              Fun, fun!
              Here it is this morning.

Comment

Some of the info was in the post with the turtle.
                My husband got his undergraduate degree from the University of Maryland in 1970. Go Terrapins!
                For the past few years I have been thinking about making him a turtle quilt.
                During the past 7 years my daughter in law has also been giving me quilt blocks with her children’s hand prints. There is a Christmas tree, snow man, fish, trees, butterfly, etc. different sizes and themes. I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with them.
                Finally decided they would go on the back of the turtle quilt. That dictated the size of the project.
                Then I’ve just been playing with the pieces and adding to make them work together.
                Turning my stash upside down several times to find just the right piece.
                Fun, fun!
                Here it is this morning.

Comment

What a lovely plan. It will be a true treasure for your hubby. Thanks for explaining.

Comment

I am using some bright print fabric from stash instead of the lovely Kaffe fabrics. Four blocks so far.

Comment

Oops - one more...

Comment

I need to know how much fabric I need,besides the 6 half yards of Kaffe, or whatever I chose. I 'm a late joiner. Thanks Karen Lindquist

Comment

gorgeous

Comment

where do i find my posts? sorry not good at this

Comment

very nicely done

Comment

I missed out on both bundles from the store, BUT i'm so fortunate to have a fabulous shop nearby that has everything Kaffe, and lots of luscious solids too. So, I built my own bundles with some Cactus Flower, some Brassica and lots of solids. Happy Quilter!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2206 users online. 288 members and 1918 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25589   Active Members: 1,301  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                                X