Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Holiday Quilt

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason I couldn’t do the holiday quilt with Alex. This has been 2 years from concept to completion. The small dots around the star are antique crystal buttons.

Comment

This wall hanging is the reason I couldn’t do the holiday quilt. But I still watched every show. Alex makes my week a lot brighter. By the way, the small dots radiating from the star are antique crystal buttons. This took me 2 years from concept to completion.

Comment

Originally posted by "mrsreyes" post=152105
        This wall hanging is the reason I couldn’t do the holiday quilt. But I still watched every show. Alex makes my week a lot brighter. By the way, the small dots radiating from the star are antique crystal buttons. This took me 2 years from concept to completion.

mrsreyes, What an outstanding wall hanging. Over the top beautiful. Love everything about it. And it is so unique looking. Great job!!! I would love to hear the thought process
        of how it developed in your mind. I usually start off with an idea and it morphs into a totally different look. I am so glad you took the time to post it and say it was why you did not
        join in making the Holiday quilt. I would love other TQS members to do the same. It is so inspiring. And yes, I agree with you. I watch all the shows even when I can't fit
        the time in for that specific project. HelenW

Comment

UFO completed because of holiday quilt border. Qayg
          Hand appliquéd raw edge. Angst

Comment

Hello friends -
            I just completed this version of Alex's Holiday Quilt - and went for a larger version. The light blue background helps the star points to pop. The HST units finish at 4 inches square, the holly leaves are about 5-1/2 inches long, and the berries are just under 2 inches across. Everything is prepared appliqué that I glued into place and then sewed down during the quilting. What a fun project - it is ready to be a Christmas gift for my son. A big thanks to Alex for leading us all through this.
            Best wishes,
            Mike

Comment

Now that one I could have finished. Smart lady!

Comment

Here's my holiday quilt top

Comment

LABEL SUPPLIES:
                  Here is a list of the supplies I mentioned on Monday, Dec 14, 2020 about creating labels.

MICRON PIGMA PENS (archival ink) available in craft and office supply stores
                  QUILTER'S FREEZER PAPER 8-1/2" x 11" (thicker than Reynold's brand to go through Ink Jet Printers) (TQS Shop)
                  ALEX'S FOUR-IN-ONE TOOL (stilleto, seam ripper, wooden iron and turning tool) (TQS Shop)
                  PRESICION TURNING TOOL (TQS Shop)
                  TSUKINELO ALL PURPOSE INK AND FANTISTIX ABSORBENT COLORING TOOLS (Check on-line)
                  JUNE TAILOR COLORFAST Sew in fabric sheets for Ink Jet Printers (Check on-line)
                  APPLIWEB PLUS fusible web with paper backing (TQS Shop)

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                  That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

JET

Comment

I’m almost finished with this runner for our Christmas table. The appliqué is based on the dishes my husband bought for me years ago.

Comment

Pam Gantz: beautiful runner! I wish I thad thought of doing my your way....love the poinsettias, too!

Comment

My completed holiday quilt which I made into a runner...a little too wide but the length was perfect for my table.

Comment

Oh, Pam and Paola, what beautiful table runners!

Comment

My quilt top is completed!

Comment

I like the way you did yours too. It is wider but looks good on your table. I like the echo quilting you did.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1939 users online. 173 members and 1766 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                                X