Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Holiday Quilt

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey,,,I'm a little lost. My machine is an old Singer('38), straight stitch only and the feed dogs don't drop down. . How do I finish my avatar? But right now, I'm working on Christmas projects.

Comment

I knew I wanted to make a quilt with the word JOY on it and when I saw your Holiday Quilt I knew the border was what I wanted to use around JOY.
      I had so much fun making it until I was squaring it up to put the binding on and grabbed an indelible red pen instead of a gel pen. How did I find out it was the wrong pen??? My markings wouldn't iron off. OMG I was so upset. I was able to cut off the markings from three sides but not the bottom. Does anyone know how to remove indelible ink????

Comment

Originally posted by "Charsie" post=151986
        I knew I wanted to make a quilt with the word JOY on it and when I saw your Holiday Quilt I knew the border was what I wanted to use around JOY.
        I had so much fun making it until I was squaring it up to put the binding on and grabbed an indelible red pen instead of a gel pen. How did I find out it was the wrong pen??? My markings wouldn't iron off. OMG I was so upset. I was able to cut off the markings from three sides but not the bottom. Does anyone know how to remove indelible ink????

Search for "how to remove indelible ink on fabric" and there are a lot of answers.
        With left over fabric and marks with the same pen and try the different ideas.
        Please let us know if any of them work, I'm sure you are not the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by "Charsie" post=151986

Charsie, One idea would be to cover it up. I remember seeing a video of a award winning quilt in a major show, the red fabric had bled into the white. She used white acrylic fabric paint and just painted over it. No one knew and she won the the blue ribbon. Might be worth a try if nothing else works. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by "pribil" post=151974
            Hey,,,I'm a little lost. My machine is an old Singer('38), straight stitch only and the feed dogs don't drop down. . How do I finish my avatar? But right now, I'm working on Christmas projects.
            Pribil, I would just do a straight stitch around the edge of all the pieces. Maybe 2.5 or 2.0 length stitch. If you have a knee lift that would be helpful. Each time you need to pivot, put the needle down in the fabric, lift the feed dogs and and pivot, then continue stitching. It won't be easy. You can do just straight lines for background stitches. Draw lines with a
            frixion pen or chalk pencil. Stitch on the lines. If you have clear monopoly thread, you won't need to change threads. I like to use colored thread to add extra interest. If you wanted to do free motion, you can cover your feed dogs with a piece of card stock. Another way to finish an art applique is to cover the whole piece with a see thru netting. It is amazing you can't even see the netting. It traps the applique so it can't come loose, and you can just do grid stitching on top of the netting. Would love to see pictures when you get it done.
            HelenW

Comment

I made 7 1/2 inch applique stars so that my idea for my wall hanging would fit in the spot near our entrance door. I drafted it in EQ8. I printed it and made a freezer paper copy
              using my HP printer. I put fusible on the back of a square of fabric, and then cut the freezer paper triangles. I used a single square of white batik as the white, so I did not have to cut any white pieces. After fusing all in place, I edge stitched with a double straight stitch along each colored triangle. I try to do as much edge stitching as I can before assembling the blocks. I did 1.0 1.0 zig zag to edge stitch the lettering and border holly leaves. I did a blanket stitch on the top moose. So far things are going well. HelenW

Comment

Should we cut the sashing strips for the Christmas quilt on the length or width of the fabric???

Comment

Originally posted by "pmorrison" post=152012
                  Should we cut the sashing strips for the Christmas quilt on the length or width of the fabric???
                  You posted this is 2021 BOM Color My World. I moved it here to Holiday Quilt--Learn with Alex

Whenever you come to the Forum, go to RECENT TOPICS
                  Find the Topic you want to post on, go to it
                  REPLY TOPIC to put your post in the correct place
                  Do not CREATE A NEW TOPIC--unless you are starting a completely new topic not currently active

Barbara Black

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                  North Alabama, USA
                  "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by "bbquiltmaker" post=152014
                    Originally posted by "pmorrison" post=152012
                    You posted this is 2021 BOM Color My World. I moved it here to Holiday Quilt--Learn with Alex

Whenever you come to the Forum, go to RECENT TOPICS
                    Find the Topic you want to post on, go to it
                    REPLY TOPIC to put your post in the correct place
                    Do not CREATE A NEW TOPIC--unless you are starting a completely new topic not currently active

Barbara Black
                    Barbara, When someone posts in the wrong area on the forum and you still want to respond to their post, should you just respond, or go to the right place and write their name in and respond there. HelenW

Comment

Helen, please don't respond since I have to move that response too. I look each morning at breakfast and later in the afternoon and I almost always have to move at least one post. That takes more time than you would think.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

FInished quilting & binding my green star topper - so much fun! At this rate I may make a 3rd one, but that might have to wait for Jan 2021. Got a lot of stuff to wrap & get in the mail.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Mamamouse1 It is stunning!

Comment

There is a product called Amodex. It takes out sharpie pens. It is safe to use on silks so I don't think you will have any problems. I have used it to take out friction pen.

Comment

Originally posted by "Dusty#2468" post=152019
                              There is a product called Amodex. It takes out sharpie pens. It is safe to use on silks so I don't think you will have any problems. I have used it to take out friction pen.
                              I don't have a problem right now, but I believe in being ready. I plan to order some, looks like something all quilts should have in their tool box. HelenW

Comment

What size square would you use to cut the bias strips from? I understand once I cut the square I can cut diagonally corner to corner to cut the strips. Just thinking of how to be prudent with the fabric.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2277 users online. 233 members and 2044 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25586   Active Members: 1,296  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
                                X