Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJ, I really love how your quilt is shaping up. It looks pretty perfect to me and I just love the bird squares. I wish mine was going to look that good but I really don't think it will.

Connie, will you post a photo of your quilt?

Comment

BJ - Love your quilt! The colors are so soft and wonderful! I'm sure the baby will absolutely love it! I don't see any problem with your points. I think you are too hard on yourself.

Renata - I'm just getting to the Web so didn't notice that you were having a sew along again today, but I was sewing all day so I hope my vibes made it your way! I made this pillow today:

This was June's Superior University lesson -- using texture magic. With texture magic, you have a sheet of polyester that you sew to your fabric. After sewing, you hit it with steam and the polyester shrinks leaving the fabric with a bunch of texture. It was fun to do, but it took much longer to do the sewing than I expected. But I do love the pillow that I ended up with!

Nancy

Comment

Oh thank you all so much. Your responses make me really happy. Yes, Terrie, I will be putting a border on it. I used almost every little scrap of the bird fabric, so I am going for the dark green in the first week's block. Nancy, I love your texture magic pillow!

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
        Betty Jo

Comment

Nancy, That pillow look like so much fun. Have you been enjoying Superior University?

Comment

I haven't had time to comment for a few days so I will just say how much I enjoy this forum and seeing all the lovely, different and exciting blocks and lay-outs you are playing with! The Tree quilt is stunning. Thank you to everybody for sharing; it is a real eye-opener to me how much is going on here
            I have been making blocks a couple or so each day but I have better 'fess up that I'm not going to make the log-cabin blocks and the lay-out of this quilt has taken on a life of its own. The reason for not doing the log-cabin blocks is that I felt I would make better use of this past week trying to consolidate the learning from the previous weeks before tackling something new. So I have been using up more and more of the fat quarters I started out with putting them in a pile so they are in an order where they form a ring if that makes sense. I use less and less solids and have now managed to completely eradicate the first 2 fabrics. I have also ventured into some different blocks using the experience from the ones in the classroom. I have done a trial layout of the ones I had made up to yesterday and it looks a bit like those watercolour(?) quilts you see now and then at exhibitions. I will put sashing between the blocks because they are not all exactly the same size but getting better and better at that too. DH thinks I should put them together without sashing but not sure I am brave enough to try. I need to buy fabric for that though so will spend some time next week looking for that. I think I will go for a darkish grey but not sure yet.
            Here's what it looked like Friday after the dining table acquired an ironing board extension. Sorry about the photo – not good but I was standing on the table to take it.

I am really having fun with this so will just continue until I am out of fabric and then put it together. That will probably be long after the classroom closes although I see some more videos have been added.
            Now I'd better go and cook breakfast so I can get a few more blocks made today.
            Marianne

Comment

They're great Marianne, I don't completely follow what you are saying but I like the result.

Interesting technique on the pillow Nancy, looks like it has loads of texture I want to touch it.

Pictures Connie, it's one of the rules :lol:

See you all later I may get on with my log cabin blocks.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Marianne, your colors make a beautiful pattern in itself! Nancy, LOVE the pillow! and Wendy, I've been up for a while now and am back to sewing for the next few hours until I have to go out. Charger disappeared for my camera so photos may follow a little late...

Comment

Originally posted by twiglet
                  They're great Marianne, I don't completely follow what you are saying but I like the result.
                  Thank you! Not surprised, Wendy I don't make much sense at the best of times, but on a Sunday morning before my first cup of coffee, it's even worse than usual :P
                  Marianne

Comment

Originally posted by Renata
                    Marianne, your colors make a beautiful pattern in itself! Nancy, LOVE the pillow! and Wendy, I've been up for a while now and am back to sewing for the next few hours until I have to go out. Charger disappeared for my camera so photos may follow a little late...
                    Thank you, Renata. Hope you find your charger. Looking forward to seeing your blocks when you find it. Enjoy your time out today.
                    Marianne

Comment

Renata, You seem to be making up for lost time in the quilting room. I note that your last post was 2:58AM. Perhaps that was the result of taking a very long nap during the day. You must have been exhausted!

Marianne, I love your blocks. I agree it looks like a watercolor quilt and I am liking that effect. I am also thinking your husband is onto something about how to set the quilt. I am afraid sashing would change the watercolor effect, but in the end it has to be what you like!

As for:
                      "I am really having fun with this so will just continue until I am out of fabric and then put it together. That will probably be long after the classroom closes although I see some more videos have been added.
                      Now I'd better go and cook breakfast so I can get a few more blocks made today.
                      Marianne"

This classroom doesn't close down and in case you haven't noticed neither do we! :lol: :lol: :lol: This conversation will last as long as we keep going. As long as someone keeps writing about what they are doing we will keep checking back to add our own 2 cents. I doubt all of us will finish right on schedule.

And Coni, Yes, Wendy is right we do so love pictures, but we also like your comments. Hope you continue to join in the chit, chat!

Comment

Renata you really are an early bird :shock: . You must have been a milkman in a former life.

Comment

Renata you really are an early bird :shock: . You must have been a milkman in a former life.
                          :lol: :lol: :lol: ...You might be on to something about a former life as a milkman, Wendy... as a small child, I was always the first one up and to the door to bring in the glass milk bottle so I could open it and skim the cream off the top... :P

Comment

or a cat :lol:

Comment

or a cat :lol:
                              ... I like that! I might visit your chicken coop... :twisted: :lol: ...back to sewing!

Comment

Hi Marianne - Love your blocks and the colorwash effect you are getting right now! If I were you, I would take my blocks to the quilt shop when looking at sashings. If you set the blocks on top of the possible sashing fabric, spread out at about the width of the sashing, you can step back and see if you like the effect. That should help you decide whether you really want to use a sashing or whether you want the colorwash effect. I think either will be beautiful!

Hi Lois - As you would expect with varied lessons, I'm enjoying some of Superior University and not others. I really wanted to try texture magic and bobbin quilting, so those were good and having the lessons inspired me to actually do it. I'm not convinced that it's worth the cost, but it's hard to tell since each month is so different but it is a constant cost. Since this is the first year, every lesson is a surprise. If you wait out the year, you should be able to tell what the entire package is like to better assess if it is for you. I'm enjoying the surprise of what each month brings.

I'm enjoying hearing and seeing what everyone is doing! Keep up the good work!!

Nancy

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2128 users online. 204 members and 1924 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X