Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Laura Nownes

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry Wendy... things did not happen with company as I had expected... I am now free but still have to go out and run one errand (should pick up some chocolate while I'm at it... Limoncello is still in the pantry...). I'll be back shortly and will get started. Just got a chance to quickly skim through the past two pages of this thread--great job everyone is doing except, alas, me... bad, bad Renata! Also, a big thanks to Nancy for the explanation! Will be back soon! ops:

Comment

One more "not it". Here it is:

YUK!

I have one more idea to try then I will do what Nancy and Rosemary suggest.

Comment

Lois, before stitching any more, how about pinning some scraps of the different colours over the offending logs and taking a photo, then you will get a better audition without the stitching.

Comment

Lois...how about 2 lights ?? I'm thinkin' the value's the key!

Comment

Originally posted by idaho
            Lois...how about 2 lights ?? I'm thinkin' the value's the key!
            I think you're right Marilyn.

Lois maybe try Rosemary's suggestion and pin 2 lights/neutrals on one side and take photos to see how that works.

You're all in a roll ladies. All those finished blocks are looking great!

Still working on week 3. Used a diferent method to do them, had all the pieces cut and after putting together the first block... it is 2 inches smaller :roll: :cry: used the wrong ruler. So got the QST cut again, right size this time and the 1st block is DONE. Will finish the rest tonight. Will try to get weeks 4 and 5 done on the weekend

Comment

I wish to declare a miracle! I managed to finish my skirt without the bobbin running out on the last 3" of hem :lol:

Wendy - I will be wearing patriotic colours tomorrow.

Ladies, I have thoroughly enjoyed today's sew-a-long, it feels as if it has been the most productive day of the summer for me. Now I need to go and make sure my bag is packed for tomorrow and my camera batteries are full :wink: Cheers

Comment

I thought you might be wearing the story cape

Lois that last blue is good it picks up the blue in the patterned fabric and a bit more mellow.

Renata come back with the limoncello I really wanted to try it. Just sit down forget the sewing after all you must be worn out after your guests and we'll have a drink

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Good idea, Rosemary, but its done. This might be as good as it gets.

Here it is with some of the others. Anybody recognized the fabric? You have all seen it before.

Comment

My stars, I can't believe what a meal I made of it :roll: .

Log cabins will wait for a day or two and I'm going to add a different centre block to bring more colour in from the log cabins.

Comment

Wendy, I think your stars are mega-cute!
                      From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Wow! I'm so impressed with everyone's sew along results today! I even managed to get started putting mine together. It would never win a contest, but it might win a heart. :lol: Wendy, I love your starts

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
                        Betty Jo

Comment

Aw thank you

Comment

Lois - I love the colors that you ended up with! I think they'll all play nicely together now. Hopefully someone else will remember where we've seen the fabric before. I'm stumped.

Wendy - Love the stars! Those center squares are so cute and sweet!

Nancy

Comment

Hurray! I finished the wall quilt for the parents. Will have to wait for tomorrow for a photo in daylight.

I have been enjoying everybody's activities as I just read through the posts. Rosemary I am impressed with all the washing and other things you got done. My house has got so bad in the past couple of days because I have been working flat out on this little wall hanging and getting the kids sorted for going back to school yesterday.
                              It must have been really bad because DH vacuumed this afternoon. :shock: I spent the past couple of hours hand stitching the binding and applying buttons whilst watching various programmes with Paul Simon on the TV. Really great. I have discovered that I can't machine sew with headphones on listening to music - I just keep stopping to concentrate on the music! :roll: But it works for hand sewing.

As for the log cabin blocks - I am going to have to really think about this one. So far I am not liking my fabric combinations very much - it is faaaaaaar too boring. I didn't want to introduce any other fabrics into it but I am going to have to or else I just might die of boredom and I will never complete it.

Renata, I hope you have been relieved of all your guests and that you have some energy left to sew this weekend.

Wendy your stars are soooo cute.

Lois, I like where you have ended up with your log cabin blocks.

Limbania, I love your new avatar.

BJ, love the pretty birds - maybe I need to think like that for mine.

Nancy, stop working and start quilting now.

Have a great weekend everybody.

Comment

You too, Rita !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2165 users online. 216 members and 1949 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,226   Members: 25685   Active Members: 1,317  
                                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X