Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Husqvarna or Pfaff

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Husqvarna or Pfaff

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of looking to buy a new sewing machine and although I would love to buy a Bernina, they are quite pricey and are not readily available in my area. Right now, I'm looking at a Husqvarna Sapphire 870Q or a Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0. Any comments (good or bad) on these two machines would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Micheline

Hi Micheline,
    I don't have the sapphire but I do have the D1 and I love it. Good luck with the decision making :-)
    Sylvia

Comment

I don't know the Pfaff, but I have used the Sapphire in a workshop recently and really liked it. I found it easy to use, with an easy to read display, an above average throat size, and it easily coped with different types of threads.

Lorchen
      From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

I have the 850 and LOVE it. My SIL is thinking of getting one. I had a simpler Viking before this and it was also a great machine (still is).

The features of the Sapphire are wonderful - 10" of work space under the arm, extra lighting, automatic thickness sensor, needle up/dn., raise and lower the presser foot with a touch of the foot pedal, many stitches and letters; I could go on and on!

I like that I can easily pick up accessories or stop for help at my JoAnn's store 7 days a week. I like that it doesn't need oiling, so it doesn't need to go for a maintenance check up each year like the Birninas might.

You won't be sorry! You'll love it! Nancy in chilly Western NY

Comment

Micheline, I have the Sapphire 870Q and I am SEW SPOILED!! I love it!! I love all of it's features!!

Comment

I have a paff 7570 I really like it Happy

Comment

Originally posted by DamarisEstrada
              Micheline, I have the Sapphire 870Q and I am SEW SPOILED!! I love it!! I love all of it's features!!
              And you have such wonderful help from your sweet hubby. I think he really enjoys helping spoiling you rotten!

Tracy and I still giggle about your youngest daughter yelling STOP when he was flipping channels and she caught sight of the Disney Channel. She is such a sweetie -- of course you have two exceptionally nice and polite daughters! You can lend me either of them if you ever need a break and I promise to help them gain a love of embroidering if you haven't already broken through to them!

Hugs!

aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
              <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress">http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress</a><!-- m -->

Comment

Micheline, If you can, go to the different dealers and try the machines out for yourself. Don't just let the salesperson do it--try it yourself. Decide what features are important for the work you want to do, see how user friendly the machine is, and see where the bobbin area is and how easy it is to change the bobbin, etc. I really miss some of the features on my old Singer Golden Touch &amp; Sew. The bobbin wound right in the case which was located on the bed of the machine. The stitches were really good, too. I wish I had those bobbin features on my present machine. Judy in Torrance

Comment

Hi Judy, Thank you for the good suggestions.
                  I asked about the bobbin winder in the case and was told that no one makes that anymore, only Singer did it in the past! I have already tried out the Pfaff and am waiting for a call from the Husqvarna dealer to go and try their machines. I am definitely looking at the quality of the stitches, and wasn't that impressed with the Pfaff that I tried, but it may just have needed tension adjustment I need to check this further. Two other things that will help in my decision is the training and support provided by the dealer and whether technical support is available locally or will the machine need to be sent away for repairs, if needed.
                  Micheline in New-Brunswick, Canada

Comment

I just bought the Pfaff 4.0 last week and so far really love it. All the features that Nancy mention for the Sapphire are also on the Pfaff - including the 10" under the arm. Love it! I already had a Pfaff, so I guess I was biased . Once you get a couple basics down, which my dealer made sure I did before I left the showroom, this machine is pretty intuitive. I think you have to find a machine you're comfortable sitting down with - everybody is different. The more connected you feel to a machine, the better it'll stitch for you. That said, you should definitely try all the machines you can and one will probably speak to you and that will be the machine for you! Good luck and have fun!
                    -Tina

Comment

Hi everyone,

Thank you Sylvia, Lorchen, Nancy, DamarisEstrada, Happy, Judy and Tina. All your comments were really helpfull.

I did try both machines a couple of times and although I found both to be the type of machine I was looking for and performing very well, I decided on the Pfaff quilt expression 4.0 . It has a few features that I really like but not available on the Husqvarna. Also, my gut feeling tells me that the service after sale may be better here. And we all know that, sometimes, you gotta go with your gut feeling!!! :lol: So as of today, I am the new owner of a Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0. I never dreamed that I would willingly spend so much money on a single sewing machine :shock:

Thanks again
                      Now I can't wait to really try it out on my next project.....
                      Micheline

Comment

Congratulations, Micheline! May your relationship with your Pfaff be a long and happy one!!

Lorchen

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2031 users online. 179 members and 1852 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                        X