Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Janome Gem

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janome Gem

This is an excellent machine for taking to class and for piecing. I find it use it more than my big fancy machine when I'm piecing blocks. I can't do without the Janome 1/4 foot, this foot has changed my accuracy 100% for the better.

Sewbug :P

I got the Kenmore version of this (which I too love for piecing) at Sears and saved some money - to buy more fabric, of course. Waiting for Janome to come out with a machine that has a stitch regulator, and then I'm buying yet another machine.

Comment

I never thought much about the Gems until some of my students came to class with a Platinum model. Very cool, versatile little machine for a little over $300 or so. When I get a new job and can think about taking classes again I may invest.

Tama

Comment

I have a Janome Sew Mini that I take with me when I travel. I would be embarassed to take it to a class because it looks like a toy, but for paper piecing in a hotel room, it's wonderful!

Chelley

Comment

I've seen a lot of Janome Sew Mini machines in classes. They do a good job and of course very portable. I think they are excellent for anyone that can't tote/lift a heavier machine.

Comment

Anybody have an idea of the value of a 2004-2005 Janome Gem? Or, where to look to find the value? Your help is appreciated!!!

Comment

Could you contact a Janome Dealer?
              Deborah W

Comment

Terry, did you google it? There are a couple of different ones on Amazon but I guess they are new ones.

Comment

Although my Janome Jem sewed beautifully I opted to get rid of it. It was so small and my hand was constantly flipping up the take up lever. I sew love my Janome 6600 I prefer to take it to classes. I am shopping for a machine that will be good for teaching the granddaughters and have my list of options that I insist on. I have already taught one to sew on my 6600. I use http://www.patternreview.com to read reviews of sewing machine users. I sold my 2002 for 125.00 but didn't advertise much and we live in such a rural area. This machine has the reputation of being a work horse by clothing sewists! My 2 cents.
                  Diane in Wyoming

Comment

I have what I think is the original Janome Gem. It is basically worthless to me. I have a dial with a choice of three stitch lengths. The smaller is too small, but great for paper piecing, the next is too long, and the third is a basting stitch. It's just too small and clunky for me! I paid $150 for it at Festival a few years ago. It did not come with a case.

I was lucky enough to win a BL9 with a small quilt that I made for a contest at our LQS, and it will replace my Gem. I can adjust my stitch length, and it is a little bigger, so doesn't bounce on the tabletop when I am sewing too fast for it. It will get it's major test drive at retreat in a couple of weeks.

Dawn
                    In beautiful Northwest Montana

Comment

Yeah, some of my issues also. Preset stitches, no speed control or needle up/down. And that darn lift up lever sticking out to the right so my hand hits it all the time. I am trying to win a machine and also plan for a purchase just incase I don't win one. I will look at Janome first but I would so love a Bernina but will not spend the money. I may even look at a Brother at a dealers. But I always check out user reviews no matter what.

Diane in Wyoming

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2122 users online. 325 members and 1797 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X