Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Yooohooooo Keith!!!! :) :) :)

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yooohooooo Keith!!!! :) :) :)

This message is especially for Keith!

But some of you may find it amusing.

When I mentioned that I had changed my eating habits completely and was loosing weight very nicely, Keith pointed out to me that the bowls he uses for 10 pin bowling weigh about 1 stone (14 pounds). At the time I had already lost a few of them.

It'll be 2 years in October that I started to sort out my serious weight problems, and I'm still working on it, much to the delight of my family and friends. It's tough but very rewarding.

My blood pressure is normal, cholesterol level is 3.9, blood sugar is normal, my breathing is a lot better, and walking up and down stairs is easy. I can also play with my two gorgeous little granddaughters without getting exhausted.

Last weekend my younger son treated the family to a day out (late birthday present for me), and it included bowling. I'm delighted to report that I did not disgrace myself, Keith! I asked my son to take a picture showing me with the 10 bowling balls I have lost so far. My weight used to be 25 stone and 1 pound, and it's now 15 stone and 1/2 pound (Girls, I have lost 8 sizes in knickers!!).

So, here is the new me with the bowling balls.

And this picture was taken just over 2 years ago at my son's wedding

I am determined that I will never carry those bowling balls around with me again!
    From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Lorchen, you look fabulous.

Comment

Congratulations Lorchen - You look fabulous!!

Barb

Comment

I had to be nosy and I'm happy I was. CONGRATULATIONS!! Do I translate that you have lost 140 pounds in 20 months? I have lost 23 pounds since March and it is not an easy thing to do. You Look wonderful and even better you are healthier!
        Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

Wonderful accomplishment Lorchen! Hats off to you. You look amazing and the reward of being healthier has to be fantastic. Keep up the great work!!!
          Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

The new healthy you is amazing. It's hard to comprehend the bowling balls

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Lorchen,

Wow! Congratulations on an amazing accomplishment! you look awesome!

Lorna

Comment

wow!
                great for you !!

Comment

Wow Lorchen, what a wonderful graphic demonstration of your weight loss, just incredible. Looking at those 8 bowling balls makes it hard to fathom how one human being can physically carry so much weight around every day. It's a wonder you were able to move, never mind lift your granddaughter up in the air. I am so happy for you. You look incredible. I am hoping to see you at Birmingham Festival of Quilts - don't completely disappear before then! :lol:

Comment

Lorchen, you look fabulous in fact you look a lot less than 15 stone....keep up the good work.
                    You should be slimmer of the year.
                    Congratulations.
                    Anne

Comment

Wow, Lorchen, you look amazing!! What you have done is incredible and I know you can keep it up for the rest of your life. Enjoy your granddaughters!

Comment

Wow! Lochen, you are amazing and an inspiration!! Congratulations on all your efforts. They've been worth it. Big hugs, Robin

Comment

Amazing and amusing, Lorchen! Congratulations! I can't believe you've lost 10 bowling balls - I usually travel to tournaments with 6 or 7 and that's tricky to manage. 10 is amazing! Your numbers sound really good and I'm glad you feel better and are having more fun! You look so happy in your photo - I loved seeing this this morning!

Message me your address please, I owe you something.

I think I owe Rita something too - I have a to-do list that is a mile long...

-keith
                          keithdommer.com

Comment

Way to Go! What an accomplishment! You look great. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Lorchen ...your hard work and beautiful outcome are just plain awe-inspiring !! Good on ya !

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1568 users online. 176 members and 1392 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,774   Members: 25247   Active Members: 1,497  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Best batting for art quilting.
                                Helen W. Thank you so very much for you messages! Wow they are so helpful. Some answers. The quilt is due May 4. The finished...
                                Susan D. Do you know how to do any hand embroidery stitches. If you look at my coloring book
                                page hanging above your...
                                Susan D, I do use warm and natural batting most of the time. Whether to quilt first or after the applique is on depends...
                              • MONTH 3 -- Show Your Progress Here
                                Alice I love your ideas here. It gives a whole different look to the quilt.
                                I have also been experimenting with some alternate choices. if you enlarge the photo there are 2 pictures to see. They aren't...
                                Helen I am sorry for jumping on this post. I tried to send you a private message but I couldn't. I am working on this wall...
                              • MONTH 1 — Ask Questions Here
                                I think you mean the Month 2 Block 1 blocks. There are 3 things we can do wrong when piecing blocks: the cutting, sewing,...
                                Jennifer, Could you post a picture of your 4 blocks that make up the center star? This was discussed in month 1 several...
                                Help! My Block 1 blocks are all too small by about 1/2". Any suggestions to correct the sizing? I can not bear to...
                                An alternate block idea...
                              • COLORING PAGE Available
                                Hi. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, have been doing some travelling. I would love to share but the drawing is...
                              • Need advice re: bobbin quilting
                                Kati, Is the picture on your posting name the parrot? Pretty bird. Glad you got your quilt basted. I am using
                                Invisafil...
                              • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X