Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Been away from here this summer!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been away from here this summer!

I want to reconnect! What a summer! Beginning with a July 1st, tornadic storm going thru here and wreaking havoc ... we were without power for two weeks, been cleaning up on and off since... our 60 acres along with DH's brothers adjoining woods were absolutely annihlated!.... hot and humid weather in the middle of all that (not to mention no power!) kept me from doing any sewing at all..... then, a couple weeks ago, decided to get my sewing back out and because my garden was shot from the storm damage, got a call from a neighbor lady who had pickles and beans, so did some canning instead of sewing for the next couple weeks....THEN on the 28th of August my dad had a massive irreversible stroke, and because he had a DNR order it took 6 days for his body to shut down....they said it was because all his organs were so healthy it took so long.... spent that 6 days away from home with my mom, and several other family members.... came home on Saturday the 3rd of Sept....dad was put to rest on Friday the 9th....He was 91, had a great life and 71 years with my mom.... it was shocking only because my mom spends so much time in and out of the ER we all thought she would go first.....After all that... thinking things maybe could get to some form of normalcy, I started cleaning my tables and stuff off again Saturday morning.... THEN..... my dog was running thru the woods and sliced her chest open on something out there, rush trip to the Vet, and 11 stitches and $300 later, got her home and today she is doing pretty good.....so....do I DARE shoot for getting back to my sewing tomorrow??? GEESH

I'm going to try to catch up on posts now and see how you have all fared this summer which I have dubbed a name I won't mention here!
    Lotti, Kuessnacht - Switzerland

I am hoping for better days ahead for you. Sounds like summer was one you will be glad is behind you. I am sorry about the loss of your dad. It is so difficult to lose a parent no matter the age.
    Deborah W

Comment

Patsy, What a terrible summer you have had! I am sorry for the loss of your dad. Parents have been with us all our lives. It is hard to see them go. I hope your dog makes a good recovery.

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Hi Patsy!!

So good to hear from you again on the board here! So, so, so sorry about the loss of your dad as well as all the other troubles this summer. Thank heaven you all made it through the tornados alright! Hope you get some quiet time so you can do some sewing real soon!

Kathy

Comment

Patsy,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. I agree with Kathy thank goodness you made it okay thru the tornatos.

Take care!

BarbCA

Comment

Patsy--What a summer you have had. Hope everything is uphill from here on. Condolences on the loss of your dad. Hopefully you can quilt now and regain your serenity that way.

Comment

Well, still haven't gotten to sew.... somebody needs to stay with my mom and my one sister needed a break so I went and spent a few days with her and helped my other sister go thru some of my dad's things and this weekend going back down again to help her with a thrift sale and also to get my mom's things packed up and hopefully moved into assisted living ...I leave tomorrow morning.....

I got one great piece of news on Monday tho.....my daughter is going to have another baby so I am going to be gramma again! She is due in February... another quilt to add to my TO DO list! LOL

Thanks everyone for your thoughtfulness..... it has been a trying summer and I hope this piece of news makes a change for the better.

Comment

Congratulations, Patsy, on the news of the new grandbaby on the way! Hope all goes well and you can find time to make it the perfect welcoming quilt!

Kathy

Comment

Patsy. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I hope by now things have settled down for you. I'm just finding my way back here also. Been gone for a long time. Congrates on the new Grandchild! I found out on Christmas Day the I will have another Grandchild around the 4th of July. We should find out in a few weeks what to expect. Then off to the quilt shops.. LOL.

Comment

Congrats, Anne! Hope all goes well with the expected arrival and you have a ball doing that shopping for a quilt!

Kathy

Comment

Anne, congratulations!! How exciting.... happy projects ahead LOL!

Originally posted by AnneDSWI
                      Patsy. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I hope by now things have settled down for you. I'm just finding my way back here also. Been gone for a long time. Congrates on the new Grandchild! I found out on Christmas Day the I will have another Grandchild around the 4th of July. We should find out in a few weeks what to expect. Then off to the quilt shops.. LOL.

Comment

I have been absent for a long time, too, Patsy. So sorry to hear about your dad.

But congratulations on the expected new grandbaby....also, congratulations to Anne, too.

Comment

Congratulations Anne! My daughter is due any day now! Had a shower for her last Saturday and she got alot of nice things.... update on my mom...she lived in the assisted living quarters for a short time but they found that she needed more assistance than they were able to give her so we have now moved her into a nursing home....She turned 90 on the 19th... she is doing ok there now other than grumbling about the food! LOL

Been very busy catching up on my sewing since the holidays! Having fun and hope you are all busy with sewing projects as well.

Comment

This is the quilt I made for my daughter's baby shower gift!

Comment

That is SO cute!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1571 users online. 179 members and 1392 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,774   Members: 25247   Active Members: 1,497  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Best batting for art quilting.
                                Helen W. Thank you so very much for you messages! Wow they are so helpful. Some answers. The quilt is due May 4. The finished...
                                Susan D. Do you know how to do any hand embroidery stitches. If you look at my coloring book
                                page hanging above your...
                                Susan D, I do use warm and natural batting most of the time. Whether to quilt first or after the applique is on depends...
                              • MONTH 3 -- Show Your Progress Here
                                Alice I love your ideas here. It gives a whole different look to the quilt.
                                I have also been experimenting with some alternate choices. if you enlarge the photo there are 2 pictures to see. They aren't...
                                Helen I am sorry for jumping on this post. I tried to send you a private message but I couldn't. I am working on this wall...
                              • MONTH 1 — Ask Questions Here
                                I think you mean the Month 2 Block 1 blocks. There are 3 things we can do wrong when piecing blocks: the cutting, sewing,...
                                Jennifer, Could you post a picture of your 4 blocks that make up the center star? This was discussed in month 1 several...
                                Help! My Block 1 blocks are all too small by about 1/2". Any suggestions to correct the sizing? I can not bear to...
                                An alternate block idea...
                              • COLORING PAGE Available
                                Hi. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, have been doing some travelling. I would love to share but the drawing is...
                              • Need advice re: bobbin quilting
                                Kati, Is the picture on your posting name the parrot? Pretty bird. Glad you got your quilt basted. I am using
                                Invisafil...
                              • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X