Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Monday Rolls In Again...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday Rolls In Again...

Morning all,

Well Monday is here again and I am not ready... This time change is kicking my butt!!! I have an incredibly busy week ahead of me. Today starts out nice with our Monday afternoon quilt group. Have to squeeze laundry and other things in there too :roll: I got one part of my bom for next month done already and I hope to get the other part done today. Then I can forget about that for a change and quit complaining how hard it is! Hope everyone has a good start to their week!

Happy Stitching,

Margaret

from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
    Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ

I absolutely despise this time change. It'll take me weeks to get my system adjusted and it's only an hour!

It's off to work today to see how badly I have to pay for taking Thurs & Friday off last week. I hope the pile isn't too awful. Took dd2 back to college yesterday. Stopped and picked up some groceries for her and her 2 bridesmaid dresses. That shop was so busy we had to wait for a parking spot! It's such a long drive and coming back by myself sucks. Usually if she goes back on a weekend, dh and I both go, but he went and picked her up by himself last Sun afternoon/evening, so I thought he needed a break, plus he would have hated the extra stops. I had my i-pod and car adapter tho, so I sang my way home! haha :wink:

I have to do a load of laundry tonite - forgot how many towels dd2 can use in the course of a week! I may work on more quilting on my wallhanging - depends on how much work tires me out! :wink:

Comment

Good morning all,
      Where I adjust easily to the Fall change, the Spring change seems to take a week or two. I was prepared to sew all day yesterday but DDIL and DGD's delivered my GScout cookies and stayed most of the afternoon and that changed my game plan. Between taxes, spring cleaning chores and just getting out more socially in this nicer weather, I'm still hoping to have a finish before March 31st !!

Have a great week everyone.

Comment

Actually my body loves the time change. At least, for a short while, I don't rise with the chickens. Then as the mornings get sunnier earlier I've lost that again. Bedtime doesn't change because of it so I get bonus sleep for a bit.

I've been poking at the quilting of a lap quilt. One component went through several trials before I found what worked. I am also doing the binding during sit down times now that I have finished the frogging and that was a challenge. Fortunately, I stopped quilting sooner rather than later this time. I am quilting it in areas so the background is done, encompassing the block areas. Hence, I could attach the binding. I find that is becoming my preferred work order.

Not sure what today might bring. I'm hoping it is just more of the regular routine but only time will tell.

Comment

I still have a sick kiddo which means watching more tv than I would like to keep him down. I thought we were better yesterday and probably pushed it a little to hard. Oh well today is some cleaning, walking the dog for my workout since I can't go to the club , and then maybe some quilting on top of that. Trying to adjust to the time change too. This one is very hard as it make me tired because I go to bed to late and then don't want to get up.

Have a great day everyone.
          Stacey

Comment

Morning all~ home, still recovering from knee surgery. Getting a lot of sewing done, however! Yay~ Other than that, nothing going on. Trying to "enjoy" my time off from work, but it can get boring. My knee is still pretty sore, but doing ok.

Comment

I'm with most of you, this time change really gets to me. Even Gizzy looked at me confused this morning when it was time to go outside. Instead of being all over me when it was time to get up he was sleeping soundly.

Wanted to share a pic of my granddaughter trying on her bike helmet for her first bike ride with her daddy. We got him a bike, baby carrier and her helmet this weekend so they could go to the nearby park and for rides together. He called after they went out and she loved it.

Judy

Comment

Margaret, hope you have had fun with your quilt group today!

Darce, in spite of the tedious drive, I'm glad you were able to sing yourself home.

Georgia, love your shamrock smiley!!

Agnes, look forward to seeing the lap quilt!

Stacey, hope your kiddo is up and about soon and all better!

Laurie, sew much, heal quickly. :mrgreen:

Judy, that is too precious! What a perfect gift for both of them!

Christian has also been sick and I am fighting it so hard; we'll see how if I'm successful. I do need more rest, so losing the hour did not help. I just hate that, but sure love the pay-off of more daylight! I did play with my new AccuQuilt Go! yesterday, finally. I am underwhelmed, frankly. I'll have to post to the forum at large and see what other users' experiences have been; maybe there will be some handy tips.

Have a great, daylight-filled day!

Comment

Worked like a dog at work today and tomorrow will be the same. I am not having too much trouble with the time change as I was absolutely beat Saturday night and went to bed at 10:30 at what would be the new time. I woke up by myselt at 6:30 the new time so I figure that's pretty good. I got up at 5:45 today even though it was the alarm clock waking me instead of my internal alarm which has been doing that for me for the past few months.

Anyway, I am enjoying a cup of tea with honey in it after having walked on the treadmill after work. Planning to watch TV tonight and work on my Baltimore Album quilt. SLow but steady.....

Kathy

Comment

Good Evening All,
                    This time change is not too bad. We were traveling back from SC yesterday so I napped alot in the car. It felt so good to sleep in my own bed that I slept in today.
                    The weekend was bitter sweet. We had all of our kids in one place which was nice but it was for my mil's funeral. We were sad about her passing, but she had been declining so much in the past year.
                    I have to work the rest of the week so sewing will be very limited. I need to get some baby gifts done. Maybe on Wed. or Thurs.
                    Hope everyone has a good week.

Lyn

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2807 users online. 510 members and 2297 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,225   Members: 25684   Active Members: 1,326  
                    Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                    X