Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Ricky's Flying Geese method

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ricky's Flying Geese method

Can you enlighten me as to which show Ricky demonstrated the Flying Geese method he learned in England. Thank you!

It's Episode 107

living in Central Denmark
    Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance

Comment

Thank you so much for the information.

Comment

I don't know how you found out the series program number so quickly, but thank you so much "Zarah."

Comment

Thanks Norma!!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

It's even on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Mu0C_QL8Y :wink:

Comment

I feel like it was a bit of cheating because I saw the show just the night before the question was asked :lol: Glad it helped

Comment

OK... I just saw that episode.

But someone correct me if I'm all messed up... but the finished Flying Geese pieces he made didn't have a seam allowance margin factored in. The points of the geese were right up to the edge of the piece.

Comment

They wouldn't be if the geese fabric was placed 1/4" from the top.

I just watched the video and he does place the folded fabric 1/4" from the top so the seam allowance will be there

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

I'm going back to look at it again. When I watched it, I musta missed a fold or something... because I thought I saw that unfold to the point being on the very edge. I'll report back.

Comment

My bad. I went back and watched it again. The first time around, I musta been multi-tasking or something (imagine that!) and I missed seeing the extra 1/4" when they were assembling the block before sewing. Then, when they showed the finished blocks all lined up together, the camera angle didn't make it easy (for me, anyway) to see the extra 1/4" seam allowance at the tops.

Thanks.... glad I got 'er figured out.

Comment

So, now that we all know it's in Series 107, which I'm grateful for the Flying Geese information, how do you ladies propose that we remember that Series number? Do you have an organized method for referencing particular topics on the Quilt Show? In this case, it's fairly easy to remember to go to "Just Ricky"; however, there have been other topics I'd like to re-watch; however, there isn't a list to reference each topic with the pertinent show.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmere
                          So, now that we all know it's in Series 107, which I'm grateful for the Flying Geese information, how do you ladies propose that we remember that Series number? Do you have an organized method for referencing particular topics on the Quilt Show? In this case, it's fairly easy to remember to go to "Just Ricky"; however, there have been other topics I'd like to re-watch; however, there isn't a list to reference each topic with the pertinent show.
                          No, I'm sorry but there is not a list available on the site, but there are several of us who have created out own lists and when someone asks for a specific topic, usually one of us can come up with the relevant show. I suggest that you create your own personal list of shows that you want to reference and add to it when you see something that is of particular interest to you!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Sounds like a good idea.....but, I thought I'd ask, in case I missed something. Wish I had started that list of favorite topics with the first season.

Comment

I don't even keep a list. If I want to find which show has Ricky's flying geese demo, I go to Daily Blog, click on the search button, type in "flying geese" and mark the search to give me shows only. A list of shows that include flying geese will come up (with summary). If you quickly glance through the summaries, you will readily see which show has Ricky demonstrating his method with flying geese. For me, keeping a list is too time consuming because the search function has proven sufficiently reliable for my needs.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2107 users online. 240 members and 1867 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X