Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

HEY RICKY --about your kool kalidescope quilts

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HEY RICKY --about your kool kalidescope quilts

Dear Ricky,

First... Love the KK quilt... LOVE THE PROCESS... love the quilt even if mine is not perfect! Plan to make more of them.

But... the big but...

COULD YOU PLEASE MAKE AND MARKET the WEDGE (and Butts & Wedgies) templates for this quilt pattern. I did a terrible job making the wedge that lead to all kinds of projects. Because I want to make the quilt again I would much rather have an acrylic templates to use.. If YOU do not know anyone who can do this... see if John Flynn could make the templates to sell in the SHOPPE! I THINK A LOT MORE LADIES WOULD MAKE THE QUILTS if the templates were made for them.... Release with you new KOOL KALEDISCOPE BOOK.

BTW in the DVD you said it did not matter which wedge you use with to make the templates with and I am sorry I disagree. The right and left wedges have a different slant to them .... that is how I think I got into trouble with my quilt. I should have only used the center wedge to make my templates with.

THANKS

LADY RAGS.

Sorry for the double post but I did not realize you had a section just for you.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
    Betty Jo

Lady Rags - that's a great suggestion. I'll put it on my wish list of things to do. But - don't hold your breath - these things take a while. In the meantime, use your freezerpaper wedge as a master template - that's what I do. Another trick is to make sure that the strip that is used in the very center is wide - more than any other - so that there's not a tiny bit of it in the center. This allows for a bit of 'fudge' room in the end. Lastly, I almost always choose a fabric for that nose center that is mottled or busy - so if it is a bit off - it is disguised.

Comment

Thanks Ricky for all the tips,

Do you mean to tell me that the center does not always line up exactlly? I loved the look when I finished sewing and more important it layed flat, but I agonized over taking it apart ... I appliqued over it but the center still haunts me. I though it was cause I am a math failure that it did not come out. Regardless I love the pattern and the process and am already starting on several more.

If I ever get a good pattern I will take it to my arylic window guy as he is a whiz at taking my template ideas and turning it into templates. I make my duplicates by using the threadless needle technique on multiple layers of freeze paper.

Thanks again,
      Lady Rags

Comment

The center is a bugaboo - that's for sure!

Comment

Hello Jackie in the UK here ,
          Just got a copy of the video and trying to get the courage to have a go !
          One thing I need advise on please I do not have a design wall but do have a clever husband now what should we use to make one ?
          Board for the base but then what .

Many thanks for any advise

Jackie

Comment

Jackie,

I don't use a board - I use 1" styrofoam (used in wall insulation) and cover it with a cotton batting - for this I prefer Warm and Natural because it is dense. You can stick right on it or pin into it. You'll notice I didn't pin because my fabric sticks fairly well. You can also use foam-core (what framers use to back prints when framing) and that is thinner than the 1" wall insulation version. I take mine directly to the wall because it is more permanent.

Comment

Jackie, you might want to read the posts on this forum topic!
              http://forum/i-need-quilting-related...90-design-wall

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
              That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Many thanks for a quick reply Ricky

Off to look at link Margo , thank you .

Jackie

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2130 users online. 300 members and 1830 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X