Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

United Kingdom

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

United Kingdom

Forum for the United Kingdom Only.

Hello all UKers!!!!!

Comment

Hi, here I am, just us two so far!
      Lynn

Comment

Knock, knock..... Can I come in.......

Looking around..... Nice place to hang out......

Lorchen
        From the edge of Sherwood Forest, home of Robin Hood

Comment

Shall I put the kettle on?

How are we all doing today. I'm attacking the garden if the weather is as forecast. I've been looking through the photos I have of it and now have an idea of what I would need if I want to make a picture quilt of it so a bit of tweaking and some photos soon I think.

Edit: I've just seem your other reply about the roll quilt and I received the picture. That looks great!! Nice colours too! Which roll was it?

Comment

Just dropped in to the site before heading off to a night shift and found this. Good to be able to fly the flag for the UK. Maggi

Comment

Hooray! I am toasting this forum with a BIG glass of red wine.Well Done xx
              Maria :lol:

Comment

I was just wondering who has taken workshops with whom?

I've just booked a couple and whilst looking at her blog I've found that one teacher Jennie Rayment, she of the Justhands-on website, gets around quite a bit. She's even done a Simply Quilts with Alex. Also Maggi said that Pat Archibald was sold out almost instantly for the FoQ.

So who else is out there?

Comment

well, found it!!! ops: The jelly roll was made up by my lqs of hoffman batiks. also for those of you into embroidery, check out this site, there are loads of free designs and all you need to do is register.
                  http://www.designsinstitches.com

I have taken classes with Dawn Cameron-dick, she is good, the one playing with threads was excellent. not heard of those you mention though amo! let me k now how you get on. Are you going to the free Bernina lessons? I didnt go as they were being run while I was working so couldn't. (no work today, so spent it sewing!) finished another 9 blocks and stitched to rows, just have to join the strips now and put the border on. Am thinking of doing a flying geese border, but may change my mind!!!!
                  Lynn

Comment

Ahhh, batiks. I must say I'm getting a thing for batiks. They are just a bit scrummy.

The Bernina class is only held by Bogod's isn't it?? I'm not going into London just for that. Bob the Bernina and I are almost married now. We've had our tiffs but most of the time he does as he is asked. I can always ask on here if I get to the pre throw across the room stage.

I had a delivery today. I wanted a trolley to carry Bob when I have to take him to a workshop. I looked at the 'official' one. £155! What got me wasn't the cost though, it's the fact that I've just spent 3k on the damn thing PLUS all the extras AND there's already a case included (you would have thought it would be a trolley one too eh??!!) and it's just irksome to go and buy another case when I have a perfectly good one unused. I looked on line and found a trolley for carrying a bowls bag. The bowls bag is just about the same size and weight when full as the machine bag, it folds up better for my car and was only £12!! It's really quite good! Should save my back a bit anyway.

Comment

Just thought I'd ask, do you put anything in the subject box, feeling a bit lazy and wouldn't bother, but someone mentuioned that the post gets lost if you don't, but if you are replying, it should go to the right place, eh?
                      yep, the classes are in london, I hear they are good, especially if you are new to sewing, but if you can sew and don't mind reading the manual, its probably a waste of time and money, fares are what not! :P Batiks are scrummy, but you have to be careful about mixing them with non batiks, in the last quilot i made, used batik for border, didn't wash them, don't generally wash before sewing! and when I steamed pressed the seams, the borders shrank for 2 ins, had to take them off, wash and re sew!!!! NOT my favourite thing :cry: Still all came out alright in the wash! :wink: :wink:
                      Lynn

Comment

Only when I'm starting a new topic!!! (Subject box that is)

Thanks for the tip about the batiks. I've already noticed the dyes can make a huge difference to the feel of the cotton to start with. As yet I've only used the in an arty way so no washing needed.

Comment

Lots of people, Alex included recommend washing before, but I love the feel of new fabric, al smooth and crisp, suppose you could wash and starch it, but that sounds like a lot of hard work, a trip to the washing machine at least! :lol: Plus, I rarely plan what to make, so would hate to have to stop and wash and dry before sitting down to be creative, well sew anyway :lol: :lol: :lol: oh, by the way, you do realise that we could CHAT on the chat site here, rather than just post!!! thats how I| met loads of people before. They tended to be USA's but that meant you have to stay up till gone midnight as they are 6 - 8 hours behind us!!! and I need my beauty sleep, boy do I need it!

Comment

Hi everyone, I check out the forum but dont post too often, I find it difficult to be chatty in text, get me on the phone though and I dont stop talking. Amo, Jennie Rayment is a good teacher and an absolute hoot if you ever to see her do a presentation. Her guild talks are absolutely side splitting. Lorchen, have you got your quilts entered for FOQ yet this year. Lol Pam

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.

Comment

Pam, don't ask about 'my quilts this year'. I don't know if you are aware that my entries last year went missing between the drop-off point and the NEC. This was not detected until after the show opened and caused 48 hours of total stress (long story). The arrangement with the organizers is that I can enter them free of charge this year. But they have changed the categories, so two quilts are now in the same category, and you can only have one quilt per category..... rolling eyes and sighing.... I have been too busy with my job and some family problems, so haven't sorted it out yet. But I'll get it done this weekend (providing nothing else unforeseen happens). Soooo, hopefully there'll be something of mine tere this year. Keep your fingers crossed.

Workshops for FoQ: I always treat myself. This years list is 'Laughing Leaves' with Frieda Anderson, 'Flowering Tree Silhouette Pillows' with Amy Butler, and 'Make a Magic Bag' with Pauline Barnes. My excuse is that the more I'm in workshops the less money I spend buying stuff (giggle).

Lorchen

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2724 users online. 442 members and 2282 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,234   Posts: 155,225   Members: 25682   Active Members: 1,333  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X