Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Dear Jane Start-up Jan 2008

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Jane Start-up Jan 2008

Hi all,
    I noticed a few other people that will be starting their Dear Jane in January 2008. So I thought I would start a topic just for us.
    I can't wait until the first pack of fabric arrives to see what blocks we start with.
    If you are planning on starting a Dear Jane in January of 2008, please post and let us know who you are. You can be starting by yourself or with a BOM.
    Let the fun begin. :wink:

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
    That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

I am a Dear Janiac, January 2008. Can't wait to get started.

Comment

I did it too, just signed up. Can't wait to get my first package.
      I don't have the software... does anyone have it? Is it worth it?
      Roni

Comment

I have both the book and the software. I made a few test blocks (see them at my profile) and was really glad to have both. The software works like a sub-set of Electric Quilt which gives you the option to print out a full size block, paper piecing foundations, templates and probably something I am forgetting. There is also a Dear Jane ruler, not sure it will be of any help. In making my test blocks I did make sections larger and then trim down. But I do this most of the time not just with Dear Jane. The software also has journal pages, and some history that fun to read.

Comment

I have joined the BOM starting in Jan 2008 can't wait. I purchased the cd along with the book hoping this will help. lets the games begin! :shock:

Comment

are most of you going to hand piece or machine sew your blocks??? :lol: :lol:

Comment

Hi

I would like to join this, I am doing my own, and have 7 blocks done, but had to stop for a while. I would like to see what others will be doing.

Margarita in Auburn, CA

Comment

Hi back at you,
                Everyone doing Dear Jane in the New Year (2008), starting or still working on one, are welcome. Many of us will be getting BOM kits each month, but even if you are not, join the fun with us, you are most welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by philnewb
                  are most of you going to hand piece or machine sew your blocks??? :lol: :lol:
                  I have done a few test blocks and find I am using many methods of sewing these things together. Some time both machine and hand in the same block. You can view my test blocks at 'My Profile' with comments on methods used.
                  Happy New Year

Comment

I will probably try to lurk along. I have been finding I spend too much time on line and not enough time at the sewing machine.

I have previously started my DJ years ago have about 60 blocks done.... I have learned so much since I started my blocks and I have changed my style of quilting and fabric choices. So my original blocks are going into a baby quilt for my first grand child and I plan to restart making my blocks. I do plan to post my blocks in Web Shots when I get that far. I will check back her but not so often that I cut into my quilting time...

Sorry but this is my NEW YEARS RESOLUTION... more quilting less surfing....

Hugs,

Comment

I just might join in here, but first I have to sneak off and buy the book and stuff I need. I have wanted to for a long time and even had the Dear Jane book on my wish list - of course I didn't get it...

Comment

Hi everyone, I have had the book and all the fabrics in a box for a couple of years now. I will have to join you all and see if this is the motivation I need to get it done. I love hand piecing so that is how I will be sewing it unless I come upon a monster of a block, then will try to Paper piece it.
                        When I bought mine as a block of the month from The Cotton Patch, it was all reproduction fabrics.
                        Are all of yours going to be reporduction fabrics or were you given a choice of something else?
                        Well off I go to finish a top of Kaffe Fasset pinks.
                        Have fun! Joany

Comment

I don't know what my fabrics will be until I get my first kit.
                          And I love Kaffe Fasset fabrics. My Christmas present to me from me was a selection of several Kaffe Fasset fabrics to make a Blooming Nine Patch.

Comment

Originally posted by FluffBallQuilts
                            My Christmas present to me from me was a selection of several Kaffe Fasset fabrics to make a Blooming Nine Patch.
                            I have yet to make one of the Blooming Nine Patch quilts. The author of that book lives about 40 minutes from here and I was fortunate to be able to see her speak at my guild but I haven't had the opportunity to have a workshop with her yet. I love all the quilts that I have seen using that pattern. You will have to post a picture when you finish it.

Comment

This may be a stupid question...what makes a quilt a DJ quilt? And does how you make the blocks have anything to do with it being a DJ? I'm lost!?!
                              WandaM
                              Happy Quilting,

Shiner TX

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2107 users online. 240 members and 1867 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
                              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X