Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MY FLOWER GARDEN - Ask Questions Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY FLOWER GARDEN - Ask Questions Here

Trying the Triple Triangle Method. If my square is cut 2.75, my rectangle is 2.75 x 3.75, my large rectangle is 5.5 x 6.5, correct? If that is true, then there is also an inch difference in the length vs. width ??

Does it matter if my 2.75 cut square is a HST?
    Landa

I have an issue with page 5 regarding BACKING. It states that quilt should finish 60" x 70" therefore backing should be 56" x 66". This does not make sense. The quilt does not finish at 60 x 70 and backing should be larger.

Comment

• Dee C. commented
      Editing a comment
      Those measurements do not make sense and I will address that when we get to that point in the instructions.

I have finished all of my blocks and would like to share iPhotos. I’m unable to post them because my files are too big. How do I change the size? Thank you.
    Ruth Honer
    Santa Ana, CA

Comment

• Dee C. commented
      Editing a comment
      I would recommend watching Barbara's tutorial from last week on how to post pictures. When you try to post if the picture is too large your iPhone will ask what size you would like it to be and I would take it to medium or small whichever works for the size of your picture. Barbara has great pictures on how to do that.

Originally posted by ruthhoner View Post
    I have finished all of my blocks and would like to share iPhotos. I’m unable to post them because my files are too big. How do I change the size? Thank you.
    I wrote a post today with step by step instructions for uploading photos. Within that Topic I wrote about how to resize photos on an Ipad--I suspect those steps apply to an Iphone too. I put links to that post in all 3 Classrooms and the 2021 BOM. Easy to find.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Landa,
      With the triple triangle you only add the inch to the rectangle. When you sew them together then you measure the rectangle the two strips make and that is the size of the larger rectangle. No, it does not matter that your square is a HST or any other block as long as it measures the correct size.

Comment

Dee Christopher, When we are binding a quilt, do we need 1/8" batting above the 1/4" seam so the binding is tigher? I was told to do this by a judge but it seems the binding never really looks flat. I iron using the Acorn pressing solution & it does seam to be flatter. Just not sure if I am doing the right thing as I want my quilts to look nice..

Comment

• Dee C. commented
          Editing a comment
          I recommend 2 1/8 inch binding so that when you sew it on, and turn to the back there is no gap at all and it should lay perfectly flat. It's not so much about being flat, but that the binding is full. I will be going over this and posting a demo at the end of the Saturday tutorials when we come to finishing the quilt.

Hi Dee! The pattern I have for my flower garden quilt was downloaded from the site when I purchased the quilt kit. After today’s video with Dee, on August 21, I searched through my printed pages to find the blocks 12 and 13. The block patterns I have for these 2 blocks are different from the ones Dee talked about using today. She showed a picture of the blocks but where is the actual pattern page for these two blocks? Also, I have 2 different whole quilt pictures of this quilt and one of them shows the picture of the blocks Dee said to use, but there is no pattern page for those blocks. Help!

Comment

• Dee C. commented
          Editing a comment
          Jo, I believe that I put up instructions for the last two blocks on screen during the Live show. However, I will give those instructions again for these two blocks on Sept. 11. Hopefully, this will be helpful to you.

Jo, Dee has a different pattern she was using. I noticed it when I watched the first video. She said it was the same, that the pattern was re-typed for errors. I haven't a clue and didn't push it, but there definitely was different pictures of blocks. I haven't been back to the class, and some day I will since I bought the fabric kit and invested a lot of money.

Comment

• Dee C. commented
          Editing a comment
          Eileen, The author of the pattern did some clean up of the pattern before allowing TQS to use it for this project. The picture is a bit different than the finished pattern. I addressed these issues as we came to them and gave alternative blocks and directions for when it was changed. I do hope you will find the time to finish the class. The quilt has turned out beautifully.

Dee, I was so happy to hear you say that the Quilt Police had retired!!! Glad we did not decide to defund them.
        HelenW

Comment

What is the YLI ribbon that you can pull a thread to make rickrack look? Thanks, Anne

Comment

I'm not making the quilt at this stage but I've watched all the videos so maybe one day. I have a suggestion for borders: I like to do things a bit differently so I would continue the idea of the blocks floating on a solid background out into the border by putting flying geese, saw tooth, whatever in the parts of the border where it touches the blocks and then the solid background in the parts that touch the background. It would not make it so obvious that the quilt had been made bigger. I think a pieced border all the way around could make it obvious that it's been extended. You could put a small inner border of the solid background first before a pieced border that went all the way around, which would keep the blocks floating on the background idea.

Comment

• Dee C. commented
              Editing a comment
              Great idea! Thank you for sharing.

Hi All, I am interested in the My Flower Garden pattern, which uses Accuquilt dies to cut the flower appliqués. Can you tell me which dies the pattern uses? I have a few and want to know which I am missing. Thanks

Comment

• Dee C. commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello, All of the Accuquilt dies are listed in the pattern and there should be none missing. Dee

Great Idea.. I like. Thanks for Sharing!

Comment

I noticed that the pattern for the flowers in the lower left will not fit the space. In trying to lay the appliqué out on the fabric I found that if I made the vase taller that my flowers would reach the space required. I then made my vase taller and the flowers fit the space and filled it better. I hope this might help someone that may have had the same or similar problem.

Comment

Originally posted by MerrieJayne View Post
                I noticed that the pattern for the flowers in the lower left will not fit the space. In trying to lay the appliqué out on the fabric I found that if I made the vase taller that my flowers would reach the space required. I then made my vase taller and the flowers fit the space and filled it better. I hope this might help someone that may have had the same or similar problem.
                Alex is out of town for the next week. Anyone who can answer this, please do.
                Barbara Black
                Huntsville AL
                https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2289 users online. 135 members and 2154 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25613   Active Members: 1,198  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X