Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Let's put all our finished quilts here to admire.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's put all our finished quilts here to admire.

Just thought we could share our quilts in the one space.
    So we can easily admire each others fabulous work.

The top is complete. I made a triangle border instead of what was in the pattern. I have the backing made, but I usually pin in our dining room which is off limits due to ceiling painting going on.
    Jean Etheridge
    Huntsville, Alabama

Comment

• Peg commented
      Editing a comment
      like the border!

• Peg commented
      Editing a comment
      lovely soft scrappy quilt- quiet use of color

• Nan L. commented
      Editing a comment
      Love your border. What size did you make your triangles?

Thank you for sharing! I am in the process re-doing those pesky pineapple blocks -- again! If the third time isn't the charm, they will be "wonky" pineapples! Trees and roads are under construction for Color My World. Too many competing priorities, too little time.
    terri s.
    Quilting is my daily fiber therapy!

Comment

• Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Terri, Do you know how to do paper foundation piecing? You won't have to worry about wonky pineapples. HelenW

Finished piecing checkerboards and sashing. I’m very pleased with it so far. The sections blend together very well, although the colors have always photographed stronger than they actually are. I am going to finish the borders in the manner of Barbara Black’s multi-bordered quilt. I really like her finish of continued scrappiness and pattern. Looking forward to the quilting...should be lots of fun!

Dee, thank you so very much for your lessons, support, and inspiration. You are an excellent teacher, and I have learned so many new things in this Long Time Gone quilt along.
    Jackie

Comment

• Dee C. commented
      Editing a comment
      You are welcome. I have enjoyed making this quilt along with all of you.

My finished top - This has been both fun and challenging - and I still have scraps! I am putting orphan blocks from my practicing into the backing - it's ready to go to the long-armer for quilting as soon as I get the top free of stray threads... Photo has lost some of the bright color of the actual top - but this shows I finished it!

Comment

• Dee C. commented
      Editing a comment
      It turned out beautifully! Well done.

Here's my finished top

Comment

• Dee C. commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the green. It turned out beautifully!

• Christine B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Your colors are outstanding! wow

My top is quilted but not yet bound. I looked at other Jen Kingwell quilt patterns for ideas for the floral border. I love how the flowers grow up out of the bottom border. I did hand appliqué (my new passion). I also sashed all around the outside of the block sections to set the center off from the border. I decided I wanted the quilting to blend in so decided not to quilt on the prints unless I had to. Most of my backgrounds are gray tones. Because I ironed most of my seams open I could not stitch in the ditch so I quilted about 1/8" away- looks pretty good! I got ideas for quilting online- check out Karen Marchetti (sp?) TQS guest years back. She has good photos of LTG she quilted. I have a Sweet 16 sit down machine and just did one block at a time so it wasn't so daunting. 8" borders makes the quilt finish at 80x80".

Comment

• Helen W. commented
      Editing a comment
      Peg, What a beautiful quilt you have made. I love the applique border. I am always drawn to quilts that have both applique and pieced blocks in them. Thank for sharing your sharing about the quilting. I have just started doing my quilts using Quilting In Sections techniques from Marti Michelle's
      book Machine Quilt In Sections. I have a regular domestic machine, but like you said if you take in
      in small parts it is not do daunting. HelenW

• jptousley commented
      Editing a comment
      I love your quilt! The appliqué border is wonderful and complements the pieced center perfectly. Thank you for sharing.

• Dee C. commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! wonderful work and love your choices for quilting it. The appliqué adds so much to the overall design.

Thanks Dee
    Just finished it up. I learned a new pinning method, how to make a pineapple block and how to draw and make the Peaky and Spike triangles while working on this quilt. The corner were a huge challenge and I am sure there is an easier way of making them than I did. Now to clean up my sewing room so I can get going on my next adventure in Quilting.
    Susan Skeel
    Des Moines Iowa

Comment

• jptousley commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful! Love your colors and borders!

• Dee C. commented
      Editing a comment
      I love your quilt. The colors are relaxing and beautiful. I am so glad you learned some new techniques to take with you on your next quilting journey.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8813.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	885554 Well...I finally finished sewing all my blocks together this morning. Have not put on borders yet. Mine is almost a square, so want to think about making it longer. This quilt was a real challenge for me. Learned a lot. Thanks Dee. ~~Cathy

Comment

Created some but not all of my leftover mask fabric.

Comment

I love everyones work .
        Amazing ladies
        Searching for more ideas as to the finishing off and sashing . Just wondering Dee ... Did you put up your finished quilt . Would love to see it if you have

Comment

Here is my finished quit. I mainly echoed the blocks when I quilted the top

Comment

Started late, but did get my top done. I opted to do a plain border that let me fit this into a quilt holder in my entry way. I have a plethora of Minick and Simpson fabric, so used that, along with a light gray Grunge for the sashing. Dee's tip about not sewing all of the lines through the paper for the pineapple blocks was brilliant, since I really have a hard time getting that paper off. Not with her method though.

Comment

• Dee C. commented
              Editing a comment
              Connie, it turned out beautiful. I like the clean fresh look of the light background.

Finished as a christmas Gift for my parents. I quilted in sections and then joined
            them all together. I had so much fun. Love it .

Comment

• jptousley commented
              Editing a comment
              Beautiful quilt and very effective border! I love it! I imagine your parents were thrilled with this lovely Christmas gift.

Originally posted by Primera View Post
            Finished as a christmas Gift for my parents. I quilted in sections and then joined
            them all together. I had so much fun. Love it .
            Primera, Did you have double batting in the seams since you did quilt in sections? Or did you cut the batting 1/4 inch smaller
            than the sections. I am thinking about doing this year's BOM Garden Party as a quilt in sections quilt. Any advice you have after going thru the process would be appreciated. Your quilt turned out beautiful. Good Job! HelenW

Comment

• Primera commented
              Editing a comment
              Trank you Helen. I quilted the sections with backing and batting larger then the section. But i stopped quilting about half an Inch away from the ends. Flippend backing and batting away from the top. Joined the top sections with 1/4 inch seam … cut away overlayed batting and Hand Stiched the batting together. Than joined the backing by Hand. Does this make sense to you? Greetings from Germany

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1249 users online. 243 members and 1006 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,772   Members: 25246   Active Members: 1,500  
          Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X