Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Long Time Gone

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Courthouse Steps and Log Cabin blocks finished. I paper pieced all of these blocks. Might redo one of the Log Cabins, otherwise, it’s time for all of the HSTs! Can’t wait to experiment with them.
    Jackie

Comment

Jumped ahead to the Pineapple Log Cabin blocks and corner pieces using 1" strip are not big enough.Should these 4 pieces be cut at about 2 inches than trimmed away?

Comment

• Dee C. commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, they are bigger pieces and we will be doing the pineapple in two weeks.

Dee....as the others have said, your class is great. I am learning new skills and trying to UNLEARN” old bad habits. Thank you for an excellent job of teaching. I am working on Color My World and using what I learn from you to sew that project.

Comment

• Dee C. commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much for your kind words. I enjoy so much giving people options for their projects and learn easier ways to accomplish what they want to.

Am loving how all my hoarded bits of fabric from nearly every quilt I have made and a few new scraps have melted together.
      Plus have enjoyed Dee's calming instruction as we have followed along.

Comment

• Dee C. commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I love scraps!!!

This forum is hard to navigate. I’m doing the Long Time Gone quilt but there is no specific category for it.

Comment

• Laura L. commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree the forum is difficult to navigate. It is especially bad on my phone! I wish they showed the most recent posts first. And I am always looking for the pictures people post, but they are on several different topics.

• Dee C. commented
        Editing a comment
        Click on Dee's Saturday Sampler and it should bring you right here where you can comment and share pictures. Go to YouTube and you will find the lessons under The Quilt Show or Dee Christopher Quilting

Dee, thank you I enjoy the tips or new tools that you are adding to my tool belt.

Comment

Just finished two of the HST blocks. I love, love, love the accordion piecing method and trimming the unpressed HSTs (I used a Clearly Perfect slotted ruler created for trimming the HSTs).
        Jackie

Comment

The Log Cabin blocks.

Comment

Dee, I am enjoying all the hints and info that your are giving us.
            These are my latest blocks.

Comment

Finally got the Churn Dash and Courthouse steps done. Working with such small pieces has been a challenge. Looking forward to making all the half square triangles next week when I am getting together with 3 quilter friends for a get-away at the beach.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Dee C. commented
                Editing a comment
                Challenging but you completed them. Yay you!

What am I doing wrong with the Plus Star? My 5" rectangles don't match up with the 2" squares?

Comment

• Dee C. commented
                Editing a comment
                Diana,
                There are 3 rectangles in the block that are only 3" long. Could that be the issue?

• Diana W. commented
                Editing a comment
                I am using a 2" square grid on my design wall. When I lay out the squares for the "plus" they do not end up fitting my grid. The figure in the book shows everything being of equal size:: 3 squares on the rectangle and one square on each side fitting directly in the middle of the rectangle. A 5" rectangle is not equal to 3 2" squares. Do I just ignore the 2" squares on my grid?

I've been working on Long Time Gone on my own. Then I became a member of The Quilt Show and happened upon Dee's class. It just so happens that I'm now at the finishing stage - right along with everyone else. I still have four pineapple blocks to make and some bits need to be changed. I'm thrilled with the results and can't wait to get it done. I HATE the border in the pattern and going to change it up. Not sure what yet.

Comment

• jptousley commented
                Editing a comment
                Isn’t it great to be at the point of...almost finished! I can’t wait start working on the borders as I, also want to do something different than the pattern. Your fabrics are very interesting and really demonstrate the values emphasized in the various blocks. This quilt has been a fun adventure, and Dee’s hints have been so very helpful. I’ve had this pattern for quite a while and was really thrilled when she announced the class. Thank you for sharing your work.

Love your pastel color story. Somehow it calms all the 'business' . I used to be more 'in love' with the busy look, but I feel as I am growing older, I need a calmer look. Your piece hits the right combo for me!

Comment

Barbara Black, Several quilters doing Long Time Gone are thinking about doing something different for their outside borders.
                I really like the small modification you made on your Long Time Gone back in 2017. Any chance you could post your pictures
                so they can see. HelenW

Comment

My section 2 is not going together
                  when I sew a sashing strip between the churn dash block and a checkerboard it makes that too big to fit the others. My solution would be to remove this sashing and the everything fits.
                  please help
                  Susan Skeel
                  Des Moines Iowa

Comment

• jptousley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sewskeel: First, check your pattern again....it looks like your checkerboard is 3 squares by 9. It should only be 2 squares by 9. I think by taking reducing the checkerboard by one column, making it 2X9, should really do the trick, and the pieces should fit. If not, go back and check the measurements for each of the blocks in this section. Good luck!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 989 users online. 147 members and 842 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,194   Posts: 154,770   Members: 25245   Active Members: 1,507  
                Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X