Long Time Gone

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Courthouse Steps are done.

Comment

Thank you, Dee, for the great lesson (Log Cabins & HSTs)! The entire session was very valuable, but I especially enjoyed the segment on accordion piecing HSTs. The directions were very clear and well presented. It’s a fascinating technique and will be such a time saver when making scrappy HSTs. I can’t wait to try it. Thank you for sharing it.
    Jackie

Comment

• Dee C. commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your comments and you are very welcome.

Courthouse Steps and Log Cabin blocks finished. I paper pieced all of these blocks. Might redo one of the Log Cabins, otherwise, it’s time for all of the HSTs! Can’t wait to experiment with them.
    Jackie

Comment

Jumped ahead to the Pineapple Log Cabin blocks and corner pieces using 1" strip are not big enough.Should these 4 pieces be cut at about 2 inches than trimmed away?

Comment

• Dee C. commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, they are bigger pieces and we will be doing the pineapple in two weeks.

Dee....as the others have said, your class is great. I am learning new skills and trying to UNLEARN” old bad habits. Thank you for an excellent job of teaching. I am working on Color My World and using what I learn from you to sew that project.

Comment

• Dee C. commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much for your kind words. I enjoy so much giving people options for their projects and learn easier ways to accomplish what they want to.

Am loving how all my hoarded bits of fabric from nearly every quilt I have made and a few new scraps have melted together.
      Plus have enjoyed Dee's calming instruction as we have followed along.

Comment

• Dee C. commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I love scraps!!!

This forum is hard to navigate. I’m doing the Long Time Gone quilt but there is no specific category for it.

Comment

• Laura L. commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree the forum is difficult to navigate. It is especially bad on my phone! I wish they showed the most recent posts first. And I am always looking for the pictures people post, but they are on several different topics.

• Dee C. commented
        Editing a comment
        Click on Dee's Saturday Sampler and it should bring you right here where you can comment and share pictures. Go to YouTube and you will find the lessons under The Quilt Show or Dee Christopher Quilting

Dee, thank you I enjoy the tips or new tools that you are adding to my tool belt.

Comment

• What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 177 users online. 9 members and 168 guests.

Most users ever online was 459 at 10:22 PM on 04-13-2021.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,670   Posts: 145,037   Members: 16757   Active Members: 6,767  
        Welcome to our newest member, Jean Gillette-jirishg.

Trending

Collapse

• Long Time Gone
          This is my first scrappy quilt and I’m loving it!
        • No more items.
        Working...
        X