Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

Long Time Gone

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Time Gone

This is my first scrappy quilt and I’m loving it!
    GQL

I still have to "get on board" but I am watching.....what a great teacher!! Thank you!!!

Comment

Here are my blocks so far!

Comment

• Sue G. commented
        Editing a comment
        They’re beautiful and show the block patterns so much better than Jen’s, Dee’s, and mine. I which Dee was spending some time discussing the block and color placement to highlight each block instead of repeating instruction each week about the Grid and pressing. I’m an experienced quilter and seeing your blocks makes me realize I need to study the block before choosing fabric. I will be remaking some of my blocks so I’m happier with the result. Thank you for posting your photo!!

• Dee C. commented
        Editing a comment
        Laura, Your blocks are beautiful and an excellent job of choosing a color palette. I know many will be inspired by your work. Your use of value in this quilt is wonderful. Thank you for posting.

• Sallieh commented
        Editing a comment
        i was trying to mix colors in each block instead of using the white or grey as background. i see with your blocks, using the intense colors as I am, using a more neutral background shows them off much better. thank you for sharing!

I'm a little disappointed in how little activity there is on this forum. Half the fun of a sew-along is seeing everyone else's blocks and progress. Is anyone else working on this project? BTW-I found it easier to post my photo in the new forum as opposed to the old one. It's probably the only thing easier on the new website. :-(

Comment

• Gayle L. commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree. I’m subscribed to this forum but have never received a notification that something has posted. I also wish more time was spent on the block elements and design.

Just finished Trip Around the World! Thank you, Dee, for all of the tips and pointers you give each week. They are very helpful, and it is really motivating to know that a new block will be introduced each week. My plan is for a scrappy quilt, and I am pleased to see how the blocks are going together.
      Jackie

Comment

• Dee C. commented
        Editing a comment
        Jackie, I am so pleased that you are happy so far with the outcome of your blocks. I like scrappy and you are doing well. Thank you for posting.

Originally posted by LauraL View Post
      I'm a little disappointed in how little activity there is on this forum. Half the fun of a sew-along is seeing everyone else's blocks and progress. Is anyone else working on this project? BTW-I found it easier to post my photo in the new forum as opposed to the old one. It's probably the only thing easier on the new website. :-(
      I, too, enjoy seeing other's fabric choices, blocks and progress! My own lack of participation lately is due to OLD technology meshing nicely with new website (which I am getting to love, btw!) End of life iphone and nearly a decade old laptop may just make a trip to the Apple store a pressing necessity! In the meantime, I am loving Longtime Gone and learning from Dee. I have been quilting since 1977, yet her tips and techniques are inspiring me into trying and learning something new. You are making great progress, I am caught up - except for any of those flying geese blocks...
      Last edited by Terri S.; 03-13-2021, 05:37 AM.
      terri s.
      Quilting is my daily fiber therapy!

Comment

Originally posted by jptousley View Post
        Just finished Trip Around the World! Thank you, Dee, for all of the tips and pointers you give each week. They are very helpful, and it is really motivating to know that a new block will be introduced each week. My plan is for a scrappy quilt, and I am pleased to see how the blocks are going together.
        Nice color choices! Looking forward to seeing progress and finish!
        terri s.

Comment

Originally posted by glacerda View Post
          This is my first scrappy quilt and I’m loving it!
          Looks great so far! I am also leaning toward a gray or greige solid for my sashing. I decided that's what caught my eye when I initially purchased Long Time Gone pattern last year. Having Dee Christopher shepherd us along the way was my kick-start to get begin another project at the same time as the Color My World BOM.
          terri s.

Comment

I have been working a head and using Accuquilt to cut a lot of the pieces and EQ8 to print out paper piecing templates for the court house steps. I like Accuquilt because knowing that the cutting is accurate, all I have to worry about is my sewing. They even have a die for the triangle in a square. It is a lot of fun figuring out my way of piecing the blocks, like for the Trip Around the World I did it like a Bargello using only strips. With the isolation of Covid quilting is how I fill my days and I love it.
            Last edited by karonray; 03-13-2021, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• Gayle L. commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks great. I am new to AccuQuilt and have been trying to figure out which dies might work. Maybe we can share info.

I miss see what everyone else is doing, I'm posting picture hoping that others will too.

Not sure if I want to put applique or quilt in the light block in the Civil War fabric. I had the Nine Patch there and disliked it enough to unsew and change it. In the 30s fabric I just skipped the special area and went for all plus signs. I'm having a lot of fun making these blocks but I enjoy the challenge of working with small pieces.

Comment

Hoping to get started today.... just got my book.

Comment

• Dee C. commented
                Editing a comment
                Great! Welcome aboard.

Here is my "Plus a Star" block. I've been a bit shy about sharing because I'm still quite the beginner and not so sure of myself. Put this has been fun going through this book. I would not have picked up this book to do on myself. but doing this quilt-a-long is like eating an elephant - one bite at a time. thanks to all who share their blocks.

Comment

• Dee C. commented
                Editing a comment
                It is nice when people share their blocks. I get so much inspiration from others. For a beginner you did a wonderful job on this block. As I shared in the video, value plays a big role in its success and you certainly were successful.

This was very difficult to layout for me.
              Susan Skeel
              Des Moines Iowa

Comment

• Dee C. commented
                Editing a comment
                Though it may have been difficult for you. You have done a wonderful job.

Originally posted by ngrasso13 View Post
              Here is my "Plus a Star" block. I've been a bit shy about sharing because I'm still quite the beginner and not so sure of myself. Put this has been fun going through this book. I would not have picked up this book to do on myself. but doing this quilt-a-long is like eating an elephant - one bite at a time. thanks to all who share their blocks.
              Nancy, I really like your Plus a Star block and the fussy cutting of the one block really is awesome. This quilt is quite an accomplishment for a beginning quilter, as an experienced quilter I am drawing on a lot of what I have learned to get the blocks to finish the correct size. I'm glad you shared, I enjoyed seeing.

Comment

• Nancy commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for your kind words. I'm learning a lot. Figuring out what fabrics to use is probably the biggest time sink for me. Trying to visualize what the whole quilt will be affected by the choice. Yikes! ;-)

Originally posted by sewskeel View Post
              This was very difficult to layout for me.
              Sewskeel, I like how you handled the area around your star block, it almost looks like the pieces fell from the pluses to make the star. Agree that it was a difficult block to lay out. I enjoyed seeing your block.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2101 users online. 213 members and 1888 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
              X