Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Choosing colors for the mariner's compass
    I've just gotten started on this project and have finished the first set of small buildings from stash, primarily Alison...
  • small building 2
    The background on small building 2 is going the opposite direction from small building 1. Did I do something incorrectly...
  • Foot is sticking to freezer paper
    I am using the #10C foot (Bernina) and it has started sticking to the freezer paper and causing my fabric to pucker. Are...
  • Tall buildings--show your progress here
    Please use THIS TOPIC to show off your Tall Buildings as you get them made

There is another Topic for ASKING...
  • MONTH 6--TALL BUILDING #1--Ask Questions Here
    A day early--get your Tall Buildings #1 pattern! Be sure to watch the VIDEO as well as reading the directions.
  • Photos Fixed, Fingers Crossed
    The web folks have been working to fix the photos. Let’s see if you can see all 3 of these photos, as large as you like....
  • Color My World Block 1, LATE!
    Late to the party and new to the site! I saw someone's CMW post on FB, and it inspired me to join TQS to begin this project....
  • Inset circles: The upper road and the center circle.
    I feel the frustration a few of the TQS quilters are having with the roads. I googled tips for inserting circles and found...
  • Round 5
    I finished and assembled round 5 today. Here it is. I will have to quilt heavily to make it flat. My road line makers were...
  • Out of Round
    This may have been asked before, but my small houses do not lie flat. How do I figure out if the problem is the top of...
  • Sharing our ideas...
    It is always so fun so see all the different ways that quilters go about making the quilts personal to them.
    I was...
  • Washed fabric out of alignment.
    When I washed my fabric, some of the smaller pieces were out of "alignment" by about 3 inches to the right and...
  • Trimming solid pieces for roadway
    I understand that you use the road template to trim up the pieced,black and white unit but what about the solid one? Do...
  • Bom 2021 1-5
    Greetings from Switzerland
  • My Small House Ring is 3d :(
    I sewed all the small houses together with what I thought were very accurate seam allowances! My ring is more like a squished...
  • Very confusing as to where to Post each mth
    Hi Barb, I posted my completed Mth 1-5 under what was titled "Official Month 5" Now that doesn't exist anymore....
  • My alternative way to attach the roads
    I am piecing the each piece of road to 2 houses, then sewing them together to get 4 houses. So they are pie shaped. The...
  • BOM wrinkled fabric
    Washed my fabric and it is now a wrinkled mess. I have tried using steam, wetting and Easy Press. Wrinkles are so bad it...
  • No more items.

Our Sponsors

Amish Quilts

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Conipur
    I just recently finished listening to "The Aloha Quilt" recorded book by Jennifer Chiaverini and it had many interesting things about Hawaiian quilts and quilting.
    That's funny! I just finished reading the same book on my Kindle. Now I'm planning my Hawaiian quilt in my head. A friend got me a book of Hawaiian quilt blocks when she visited Hawaii last year, so I hope to make all of the blocks and put them into a sampler quilt. Now if I can just find some time....

Comment

I also visited Hawaii last year. It was my first time there and I look forward to going back. My photos of the fabulous quilt shop that I found there and where I left a large chunk of change, are posted on TQS' Show & Tell under "World Quilt Shop Tour". Anyway, while there, I did learn from some Hawaiian quilters that they use a slightly thinner quilter's cotton fabric called "Fiesta Cotton" for their appliqued quilts. The thinner cotton is much easier to needleturn than "Kona Cotton". So, of course, I had to buy some of it. Unfortunately, I wasn't in Hawaii long enough to schedule a quilting class.

Regarding Amish quilts, I spent an entire day in Lancaster, PA and could have enjoyed staying all week. I highly recommend a trip there to anyone who admires Amish quilting.

Comment

Originally posted by rehak
        Originally posted by Conipur
        I just recently finished listening to "The Aloha Quilt" recorded book by Jennifer Chiaverini and it had many interesting things about Hawaiian quilts and quilting.
        That's funny! I just finished reading the same book on my Kindle. Now I'm planning my Hawaiian quilt in my head. A friend got me a book of Hawaiian quilt blocks when she visited Hawaii last year, so I hope to make all of the blocks and put them into a sampler quilt. Now if I can just find some time....
        I loved the book! I am in the same boat with you all! I even took a short class at a quilt show last October to try it! I'd like to see TQS shows on both subjects as well!
        Lesley

Advice from a LADYBUG: spot new opportunities, spend time in your garden, be well-rounded, enjoy the wonders of nature, don't let small things bug you, keep family close by and be simply beautiful! -Ilan Shamir-

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1229 users online. 236 members and 993 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,336 at 05:30 PM on 06-14-2021.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,734   Posts: 145,684   Members: 17339   Active Members: 2,409  
        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Tall buildings--show your progress here
          Hi everyone, sew fun seeing everyone’s progress on the first tall bldgs. I struggled a lot on choosing the background...
        • Spinning Spools--ASK QUESTIONS HERE
          LLT, I have done preassembled flowers the way you are describing many times and it works great. I lay a piece of tear away...
          Leeanna, Sounds like a good plan to me. If you like the look of the overlap of leaves and flowers onto the quilt top, you...
          Julie, I think that would make for a darling wall hanging for your sewing area. Instead of the vines, maybe you could do...
          I am thinking about using sewing notions for the applique shapes on the Spinning Spools quilt rather than flowers-I am a...
          I am thinking of machine appliqué the vines down first then adding the flowers and leaves and applique them down next....
        • Spinning Spools--SHOW YOUR WORK HERE
          I finally got all my flowers, leaves, and dots done! I had never done finished edge applique, and decided this was the time!!...
        • Introductions
          I’m going to jump off the cliff and test the “Blog” feature of the Forum. I have been a member of The Quilt Show from...
        • Sandy's Quilting Journal
          Sandy’s Quilting Journal is about how I started quilting, what I’m working on now and what I want to accomplish in the future.
          Can the flowers be "preassembled" prior to placing them on to the vine? Maybe by stitching the Little Petal to...
          Geez. I don't know what I was counting when I posted this tally, but if the doubling of the petals big+ a little is done...
          SueGee, Your got it right. It looks great with just the multicolored narrow border and an outside border that is not wide...
          So after many starts and rejects, I finally decided on a border. Applique just did not look right with the neck ties. ...
        • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X