Quilting Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

• Sew a Long Using Quick and Easy Block Tool
    Here is the link to Alex’s Classroom. Scroll down to find the Kaffe Mystery Quilt:

https://thequiltshow.co...
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    I will let the powers that be know about this, thanks.
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    Yes, I was Live October 4. The link hasn’t been updated yet. Here is the video:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zEO...
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    No pictures of progress or finished quilts are appearing at all. Where the pictures should be, there are small boxes with...
    I'm looking for the tutorial program Alex taught using the Easy Block Tool. I never finished the quilt and would like to....
  • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
    I don’t see the facebook live video for month 10 posted on the website. I thought you were live yesterday.
  • Yes. It will be ready in a few weeks I suspect.
  • Not a “Bot”
    Submit a Ticket under HELP, below.
  • MONTH 9 — Ask Questions Here
    No photos are visible. Probably too large, resize smaller and try again.
    I’m struggling to transfer the appliqué designs so this is what I have been using. Keep your fingers crossed when put...
  • At the end of the year, December, will you have the 12 pattern months available in one download?
  • Not a “Bot”
    I am signed in but can’t watch any of the shows. The screen directs me to sign in to prove I am not a “bot”. I can’t...
  • Bright Star Quilt Kit fabric question
    I LOVE the fabrics selected for the Bright Star Quilt kit, but alas, all of the kits are now purchased. Is there any way...
    Thank your for letting me know!
    All the pattern pieces are now available. I chose to provide the background shape for the outer Fan border in Month 2. It...
    The pattern piece is under month 2 patterns. I missed it too.
    Am I correct that we do not yet have all the pattern pieces for this quilt? I was looking for the outermost piece of the...
  • Suggestion Amazing new artist
    I don’t know how to email Quilt Show but Alex please look at this artist quilter. I have never seen technique like this!...
  • No more items.

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

YOU ALL ARE AWESOME!!!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YOU ALL ARE AWESOME!!!

Hi everyone -

I just took a little cruise through the Show and Tell -- oh my goodness, but you are all incredible! I simply love the choices you are making in terms of color and other variations to the pattern. What a fun look-see! Check it out if you haven't done so lately. Quilters are awesome and TQS ROCKS!

May our paths cross one day --
    Sue Garman[/i]

Hey Sue, you are our guiding light so if compliments are being thrown about, they really have to go back to you. I am so loving this journey. Gloria

Comment

Thank you Sue for your wonderful patterns and detailed instructions that inspire us to go beyond our comfort zone. Even though I'm making my quilt slightly different I wouldn't be making this quilt without your inspiration. This is going to be one of my favorite quilts!

Comment

Hi Sue! I too might not be making this quilt without your great patterns, detailed instructions, and your super accompanying videos... And oh yeah, there's also that wonderful inspirational quilt! Thanks!
        keithdommer.com

Comment

Sue -- I am thoroughly enjoying 2009 BOM and learning and as Margo, accurate cutting, sewing, etc. Never too old to learn that. Thanks for the fun year I am having with TQS. Looking forward to 2010.

Sharon in - it's still raining, but we need the moisture - Colorado

Comment

Oh yes! I'm still quilting 2008 BOM while working on 2009 BOM. Creates a bit of stress now and then, along with all of my OTHER projects. But the learning curves just compliment each other!
            Lynn

Comment

Sue,
              I'm enjoying this BOM so much that I'm encouraging all of my quilter friends to jump in with the rest of us. The pattern is so beautiful that this is the first time I've been inspired to make a BOM. I'm guessing that many of us would have never attempted such a challenging quilt without the support of all of the other TQS members working on it and sharing their progress and experiences. Although I love many of the quilts that are straying away from your pattern with original creative touches, I appreciate all of the thought you put into the design, regarding color, scale, etc. and am satisfied with just choosing my own fabrics. Maybe, someday, I'll attempt another with my own creative spin. Thanks! Nancy

Comment

I love how I love every interpretation. If someone is using colors or fabrics I don't like, it looks smashing in this quilt! Thanks so much for creating this pattern.

Comment

Hi Sue,

Your quilt was so beautiful I just had to try the block of the month.
                  So I joined TQS. (This is the first time I have ever done a block of the month.) Your instructions and video each month are just great. I am so excited about my quilt!
                  It is wonderful how the other TQS members encourage and help each other. The quilts are going to be beautiful! I check at least twice a day to see the posted blocks.

Thanks again,
                  Paula in Arkansas

Comment

Sue, I saw your quilt in person at Ocala Super Seminar with Ricky, Alex and Libby. It is beautiful on the web site and just totally awesome in person. Will you quilt mine when I get it done? :lol: It has been a challenge for me since I am so new to quilting and I am struggling with the border blocks, so probably will have to slow down with it or make adjustments to make it easier for me piecing wise. It will get finished though! Thanks so much for this beautiful quilt. Sandi in FL

Comment

Thank you Sue from all of us, but I have to agree with all the previous posts that it would not be possible without your thorough instructions, beautiful sample, and the support/feedback from TQS members.

Comment

Sue, thank you so much for the time and effort you spend on the 2009 BOM. As a new quilter, I don’t think I’d ever be as far along as I am in my skills without you and the other members of TQS. Just this past month has changed the way I look at quilt patterns, with many of them ceasing to look as daunting, now that I know what a well sewn ¼” seam looks like (not that I don’t still do a fair amount of unsewing!). At least now I know to evaluate every step of the way without getting impatient.
                        I am curious to know how you draft the HSTs. They have been a huge help.
                        You are an inspiration for us all!

Comment

Sue, your design gets us halfway to awesome! And you let us experiment with it!

Comment

Hi -
                            In answer to the question of how I draft my half-square triangles (HST's)... I use the Draw function in Word for all of my piecing designs. That usually comes as a surprise to most people, but it works very well. I just set up a grid with whatever size (inches or increments thereof) I want the half-square triangles to be and go from there. It's a little tricky at times, but by now I'm conquered most of the nuances of using Word! One exception to using the Draw function in Word was the feathered star. I used Electric Quilt (EQ) to draw that -- while EQ has several feathered stars in their set of blocks, none of them were designed for paper piecing, so I just drafted my own star using their program. EQ has some flexibilities that Word does not have when it comes to triangles that are on a slant.

Happy quilting, everyone!
                            Sue

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2111 users online. 517 members and 1594 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,245   Posts: 155,350   Members: 26125   Active Members: 1,045  
                            Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Here is the link to Alex’s Classroom. Scroll down to find the Kaffe Mystery Quilt:

https://thequiltshow.co...
                            • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                              I will let the powers that be know about this, thanks.
                            • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                              Yes, I was Live October 4. The link hasn’t been updated yet. Here is the video:
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zEO...
                            • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                              No pictures of progress or finished quilts are appearing at all. Where the pictures should be, there are small boxes with...
                              I'm looking for the tutorial program Alex taught using the Easy Block Tool. I never finished the quilt and would like to....
                            • MONTH 10 BLOG is UP
                              I don’t see the facebook live video for month 10 posted on the website. I thought you were live yesterday.
                            • Yes. It will be ready in a few weeks I suspect.
                            • Not a “Bot”
                              Submit a Ticket under HELP, below.
                              No photos are visible. Probably too large, resize smaller and try again.
                              I’m struggling to transfer the appliqué designs so this is what I have been using. Keep your fingers crossed when put...
                            • At the end of the year, December, will you have the 12 pattern months available in one download?
                            • Not a “Bot”
                              I am signed in but can’t watch any of the shows. The screen directs me to sign in to prove I am not a “bot”. I can’t...
                            • Bright Star Quilt Kit fabric question
                              I LOVE the fabrics selected for the Bright Star Quilt kit, but alas, all of the kits are now purchased. Is there any way...
                            • No more items.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                            X