Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

My Sample Quilt from Kit Fabrics

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Sample Quilt from Kit Fabrics

I thought you might like to see how my "test" quilt is coming along. The center is sewn together.

The Log Cabin borders are sewn into 4 borders and labeled Left, Right, Top, Bottom. They will remain like this for several months as the applique and embroidery are done.

The outer 8" block borders are sewn together and labeled Left, Right, Top, Bottom. They will only be added after all the Log Cabin borders are embellished.

The Fan Block border is under construction. All the fans are done and now I just have to machine applique the rest of the handles in place. Then add the background rectangles to complete the 32 rectangles, 4.5" x 8.5". In found that gentle curve easy to machine piece.

The second photo shows how much Kit Fabric I have left to do the appliques--should be plenty, don't you think?

Now I can take it off the design wall so I can finish a more pressing project.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Barbara, Thank you sharing these pictures of your quilt so far. I am still trying to select fabrics and prep them for mine. I zoomed in and could see the fabrics you used and see how they work together in the various blocks next to each other. That is helping me a lot. It also helped me to see the low volume fabrics in the log cabin blocks. By the way, I am extremely impressed with how well your blocks are constructed. Your cresents are perfect. Your quarter inches at the edges of the blocks are perfect. I hope to be able to do half that well!

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      There is only some perfection. There are plenty of places where things could be better. But overall, it's fine. From 6 feet away the not so good parts aren't noticeable.
      I hadn't thought about how helpful it might be for those using the Kit to see my selections. Everyone's quilt will be unique, just like them.

Barbara, Thank you for sharing your “test” quilt. I love it! It’s really inspiring! Block 2 is still a bit intimidating, as I have just completed a test block. Tricky! It looks like you have modified some of them, so I am really looking forward to that month’s presentation. Thank you for the support, encouragement, and out of the box solutions you provide for us. You are such an excellent teacher!
    Jackie

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Yes, I have an alternate block that is similar to Block 2 but faster for me to sew. I did get better at machine piecing the original block as I made more of them so practice does make “better”.

Barbara, Thank you for posting these pictures. I like to view quilts and try to determine what I like about the fabric placements so i can strive for more conscious decisions in my quilts, or to see how random placements also work. I'm learning so much from your videos, posts and blog
    Jan A.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent, thank you!

I agree, thank you for posting! I was planning on not including the colored blocks in the border around the white. In looking at your picture, I can see I’ll need something colorful after the white blocks before I add the arches around the edge. I don’t really want such a large quilt, so it’s something else to ponder!

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      You could make 4" blocks so the math is easy and that will reduce the size by 8" overall. Or just use a 1-2" filler border of fabric. You'll figure it out when the middle and log cabins are done.

I love your quilt Barbara! thank you so much for posting! I needed that, as I am struggling to like the scrappy look, and this gives me hope for a beautiful quilt.

Comment

Your placement of dark colors on some of the petals is striking. The colors dance across the quilt, leading the eye all around the quilt.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2208 users online. 215 members and 1993 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,174   Members: 25585   Active Members: 1,289  
      Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
      X