Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 2 -- Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MONTH 2 -- Show Your Progress Here

Please use this TOPIC to share your progress on Month 2.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

I just printed Month 1 haven't seen Month 2 to print yet!

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
      Editing a comment
      It posts the first day of each month. I set up the TOPIC so I don’t forget.

Getting started with the 9 patches. Two out of twenty. Then will try Barb´s tip for appliqué. Also another 2 fan blocks started. Like doing a few each month. Having fun

Comment

• Susan C. commented
      Editing a comment
      I really like how you repeat the fabric on the the two fan blocks.
      Susan

• Starr N. commented
      Editing a comment
      I started late. Where can i find your amazing hints for month 2 block that posts are loving?
      Thank you

While waiting for Barbara's February video, I watched Sally Collin's show #1602. I highly recommend it.... especially for those who are making their own templates. Her tips are invaluable, especially her method of marking dots. Her tips on precision machine sewing are also very helpful.

Comment

• Sheridan D. commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, well worth the watch. Went out a purchased a hole punch after watching it. Looking forward to using the information making my month 2 templates.

Originally posted by JudithA View Post
    While waiting for Barbara's February video, I watched Sally Collin's show #1602. I highly recommend it.... especially for those who are making their own templates. Her tips are invaluable, especially her method of marking dots. Her tips on precision machine sewing are also very helpful.
    I recommend show #1602 highly. I learned so much from Sally Collins, now you still can.
    Barbara Black
    Huntsville AL
    https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Ready for Month 2.... Printed the templates, and prepared the curved edge one for applique. Cut off the curved seam allowance
      and also added 1/4 inch to the straight outside edge of the block. So when I get done I will have a little extra wiggle room to make
      it a perfect 8 1/2 inch square. I used repositional glue stick to put the paper template on the back side of Karen K Buckley
      template plastic. Will use it for 20 blocks time 4 sides or 80 curved pieces. I will stick the template plastic to the back side of the fabric. cut an extra 1/4 seam allowance for the curve, and then use
      a little glue to fold the seam allowance over the curve. Heat set and then it pops off easy with a little
      tug. Thank you Judith for telling us out this technique back in Dec. HelenW

Click on photo to enlarge
      Last edited by Helen W.; 02-01-2024, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
        Editing a comment
        Judith A. Thanks for the extra tip. I tried it and it works
        even better. This is the first time I have enjoyed doing
        turned edge applique. Thank you. HelenW

• Ursula C. commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for this great tip. Greetings from Germany

• Judith A. commented
        Editing a comment
        You are very, very welcome!

One done, 19 to go... Decided to add a little white to give it a little POP. HelenW

Comment

• Laurie F. commented
        Editing a comment
        I love the cathedral window look!

• Wendy H. commented
        Editing a comment
        Gorgeous. Love the look.
        How did you add the white strips?

• Starr N. commented
        Editing a comment
        Like your block. You said 19 to go. Are you planing on using the theme of the blues in the curved pieces on those 19 ?

Two down only 18 more to go.
      These were constructed using 2 different methods. One was hand pieced using templates and the other was hand sewn using squares and rectangles. Barb’s method was sooooo much easier. I was starting to dislike this quilt until Barb showed us a new way. She saved my personality again. What would we do without her.
      Thanks Barb!
      Susan Skeel
      Des Moines Iowa

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
        Editing a comment
        Susan, you made my day! Glad I could help. Quiltmaking is supposed to be fun so we have to find what works best for us.

Jamie M.

Comment

Curves are too small. I used starch with the template with no seam allowance. I'll try again.
        Jamie M.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Your block looks beautifully starched. When you say no seam allowance do you mean raw edge
          applique? Otherwise why would you not have a seam allowance, With the curves it always helps
          me if I add an extra 1/4 inch wiggle room on the side that is the edge of the block. Your block is very
          neat and I love the neutral type colors. HelenW

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Compare your crescent shapes to the size in the pattern. Measure both with a ruler to see what they are supposed to measure and what yours measure. That should show you the problem.

I used Barb’s method. I’m please with how it turned out. One down….19 to go!
        Vesta

Comment

• Helen W. commented
          Editing a comment
          Vesta, I agree that Barbara Blacks way is way easier.
          HelenW

Jamie, If you bring your white cresents in towards the center until the points in
        the corner touch what size would you block be? HelenW
        Look at Susan's photo of her two blocks and see how the corners should look.
        They should just meet at the 1/4 seam allowance crosshair. HelenW
        Last edited by Helen W.; 02-05-2024, 07:27 AM.

Comment

One done, 19 more to go!
          I used: Barbara’s + Helen’s + Judith’s method and it worked very well Thank you thank you!

Comment

• Judith A. commented
            Editing a comment
            You are very welcome! I really like the fabrics you selected for your blocks. The white of the cresents contrasts well with the darks next to them. And the lighter squares contrast nicely with the dark green fabrics. The pink and green color combinations are beautiful.
            Last edited by Judith A.; 02-09-2024, 03:57 PM.

Jamie M.

Comment

• Judith A. commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice fabric selections.

Templates made and first block hand stitched. Not 100% happy, bit wavy around the edges. Any suggestion as to what I maybe doing greatly appreciated. Went together well, all dot lining up.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
            Editing a comment
            Great photos, thanks for sharing. Love those Lollies fabrics. I should try that, I have some.

• Sheridan D. commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the feedback.I have sewn another 2 blocks with the same result. I’m thinking I maybe stitching ever so slightly tight which is pulling the centre in causing the slight fullness around the outer edge. Spray starched the block and sitting better. Not giving up with hand stitching just practice practice practice.

• Ann J. commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm really impressed by your ability to use that black dividing line in your blocks! It really makes them pop!

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2097 users online. 211 members and 1886 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,226   Posts: 155,172   Members: 25583   Active Members: 1,288  
        Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
        X