Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 2 -- Show Your Progress Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    You are not alone out there. This is my first time hand sewing also. Add to that scrappy is almost impossible for me. I am loving the BOM but definitely slow and loving hand sewing. I am addressing the scrappy issue by using scraps from my stash that I love along with the kit fabrics and "planning" each block considering high contrast and bright colors. That seems to help me have a more calm scrappy quilt. Thanks everyone for your helpful tips.

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    The monthly videos are the LIVEs I do each month. Find them on the first page of BOM 2024

• Profile Image
    replied
    Why can I not find the original video for month 2? The only video I can find for month 2 is the supplemental video for paper piecing the fan block border.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Alice, I love, love, love the secondary design you created. It all works so well together. You are
    creating a stunning quilt. HelenW

• Profile Image
    replied
    Thanks Helen! Thanks Vesta! Thanks Laurie! You ladies' encouragement means a lot to me!!

@Helen: Your idea of lemoyne star (had to look it up☺️ I've been calling it 8 point star) is brilliant! I will use it for the next round of blocks! I went with similar idea: use 5-petal flower at the corners to carry the repetition of fan blades gentle curve from the center block. Not sure if it's showing though. Below is what I currently have, still need 4 more block#1 at the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Your choices are making a stunning quilt!

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Alice, Another idea for a second block would to make 8 inch
    lemoyne star blocks using you same palette for the 8 diamonds
    and the low volume fabrics for backgrounds. You have a star
    in the center of the quilt and it would carry the repetition into
    the body of the quilt. Alternate 9 patch then star block, or
    use the star block in the 4 corners, and that would put 2 of the 9 patches together to give the secondary design. Just an idea.
    HelenW

• Profile Image
    replied
    Alice - these look fabulous! Nicely done!

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    replied
    I'm finally done with Month2, all 20 of them! Hooray!

Just looked at Block #2 for March and I thought Block#1 is hard... Maybe I'll just make more block #1 since I really like the secondary pattern (the circles)?!

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    You are welcome. Today’s LIVE mentions you do only need 6 of each of Block 1 and 2 to get the middle complete. The others are needed way down the line.

• Profile Image
    replied
    My piecing is going slow! I'm using the templets that I cut from templet plastic and then hand piecing with my ton of Lori Holt scraps. I know it's a slow process but I'm finding it very satisfying to hand piece. I'm working on #5 of 20 right now and almost finished. I'll get 6 done for now and start on #3 block and do those 6. I won't need the other 14 of #2 and #3 till a few months later....I think. But I'm not in a hurry (good thing) as I have other projects that require my time as well. I love the videos and tips Barbara and thank you so much for your time to do this for us!

Leave a comment:

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful work!

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Janet, Your blocks look great. The solid and dots fabric gave great contrast. HelenW

• Profile Image
    commented on 's reply
    Susanne, I like your blocks. Pretty colors and good contrast.

• Profile Image
    replied
    My blocks for February. I decided I need to see Barbara's video before starting the next groupl

Leave a comment:

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2233 users online. 118 members and 2115 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25613   Active Members: 1,198  
Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

Working...
X