Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

• Happy Dance! I won ribbons!
    Home from the Maine Quilts show where my Color my World quilt, rename ‘Home,’ received 3 ribbons. I’m overwhelmed...
  • What I learned
    Well, here it is, the end of 2022, and I finally have finished my 2021 BOM quilt! I apologize that the photo is not centered....
  • Late at this but having difficulty
    Hi There,

I hope you can help me. I know I'm very late in getting to this point but life is finally allowing...
  • Adding house numbers
    I'm quite behind on my BOM, but now have all the tall buildings of the outer ring done. I would like to add some house...
  • Ahhhhh.. almost done! Have a question!!
    Hi all.. I am behind in my Color My World and just starting the skyscrapers... Does anyone have the finished size (with...
  • My Colorful World With Parks by Duffy
    My quilt is finish
  • Printing for paper piecing question
    For anyone paper piecing, is your quarter inch a tiny bit larger? When I’m trimming up the finished building, I line...
  • Paper piecing color my world…anyone else?
    I decided early to do paper piecing instead of the wax…I’m more comfortable . However, I have a few questions…anyone...
  • Video Access
    Will we have access to the Color My World videos after December 31st? I can't seem to find info on this.
  • New to The Quilt Show
    I am BRAND NEW to the Quilt Show and fell in love with this pattern. I downloaded all of the instructions. My concern is......
  • How to download pattern?
    I'm a new-ish star member and would like to download the "Color My World" pattern...but I can't find where to...
  • Quilting color my world
    See how I quilted Color My World and the added surprise quilting in Wendy’s border:

https://bbquiltmaker.b...
  • Getting outer circle to lie flat
    Hello - I know someone has solved this problem...I seem to remember a question arising when we put the inner circle together...
  • Great new way to see all the photos!
    Cap'n John showed me a new feature--you can see all the photos posted on any particular topic--at once.

Open...
  • Color My World Pattern - Download Heads Up
    I know Barbara has reminded us to download all files prior to the end of the year. I finished my downloads today and decided...
  • Color my world — your finish here
    Please use this topic to share your FINISHED top or quilt here. This will make it easy to see all the great quilts everyone...
  • Quilt is complete. Fun!
  • One World — This is Brilliant!
    Sunday Sew and Sews met today. Pam R. came up with a brilliant way to make One World—she used striped fabric!...
  • No more items.

MONTH 12 -- Show Your Completed Top Here!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks lehab375

Comment

It took me a little bitty while to finish the quilting and binding, but here she is! I had a lot of fun with ruler work and free motion quilting.

Comment

Happy to be finished! Tula Pink and Kaffe Fassett fabrics.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          Lovely quilting!

I finished my Homeward Bound top all in the last month because I want to get going on the next BOM. It’s actually 50% smaller,except for the center house, because I wanted to use my small scraps. I have stitched in the ditch around all of the appliqué. It needs more quilting in the background to flatten it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to free motion on it?

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
          Editing a comment
          I would lean toward small spirals, or simple fills like curlicues. Love your smaller size.

Originally posted by Barbara Black View Post
        I would lean toward small spirals, or simple fills like curlicues. Love your smaller size.
        Ok Barbara, thank you. That’s what I’ll do. I want to get on to Pick a Petal! Your lessons are so helpful and inspirIng.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynnanne View Post
          I finished my Homeward Bound top all in the last month because I want to get going on the next BOM. It’s actually 50% smaller,except for the center house, because I wanted to use my small scraps. I have stitched in the ditch around all of the appliqué. It needs more quilting in the background to flatten it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to free motion on it?
          Lynnanne, Love the small size Homeward Bound. I would use a press cloth and give it a good press. That might help flatten it
          without too much extra quilting. I would audition a few ideas like the ones Barbara mention using clear page protector or vellem
          paper where you can draw ideas and see what they would look like. Even a medium size stipple meander would look good.
          An echo with a double echo in a few of the more open areas might look good. Echo at about 1/4 inch.
          It will be fun to have you doing the Pick A Petal. It has been a challenge for me, because I am not much of a scrappy type
          quilter. HelenW

Comment

• Lynnanne commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Helen! I’m doing the curlicue that Barbara recommended and it’s going pretty fast. At least it’s getting rid of the shadows. Your Pick a Petal looks good and like all of your quilts is going to be beautiful. The scrappy is hard for me too….but it is part of the learning process!
          This reply by Lynnanne has been deleted by Lynnanne

Finished. Thank you Barbara for your suggestion for the quilting. And thanks for the work you do for all of us…

It’s finished. I had trouble uploading from the computer but this is from the IPad. Thanks Helen for your support and thank you so much Barbara for your quilting suggestions and especially for all the time and energy you dedicate to us.
          Last edited by Lynnanne; 02-29-2024, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Helen W. commented
            Editing a comment
            Lynneanne, It turned out great. Thanks for the final post. I hardly ever do that. Just a bad habit of mine. HelenW

• Barbara B. commented
            Editing a comment
            I love your quilting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BOM 2023 Homeward Bound.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	628.1 KB
ID:	899705I just completed the BOM 2023 Homeward Bound quilt, so happy to have it finished ready to go to my long arm quilter.

Comment

2023 BOM completed

Comment

2023 BOM Homeward Bound quilt. Sorry for the multiple uploads, had a wee bit of difficulty getting the completed photo.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by jester9; 03-14-2024, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                Editing a comment
                Your photos were probably too large.

• jester9 commented
                Editing a comment
                I reduced the photo to 789.0 KB and still won't load.

Finally completed my top. Thanks to my friend Sandy Hand for the encouragement and to Barbara Black for the helpful videos.

Comment

• Barbara B. commented
                Editing a comment
                Very well done!

I picked up my quilt from the long-armer yesterday! I have the binding ready to go. The sun was just right to get some good pictures. I was home alone, so it is pinned on my design wall & sorta clipped to the door. I loved working on this quilt. It was my first TQS BOM. I think I loved the symetry of it as well as the colors. Although I used my own stash, I didn't buy the kit. Thank you TQS!
              Carol in SW Michigan

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1895 users online. 369 members and 1526 guests.

Most users ever online was 20,162 at 02:06 PM on 02-20-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 8,228   Posts: 155,194   Members: 25611   Active Members: 1,200  
              Welcome to our newest member, [email protected].

Latest Topics

Collapse

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X